X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisiblecop
    replied
    Sentinel and PatrickM98

Said it all! I concur that it should be the individual that's restricted if they're incapable of properly handling a weapon. Fourther the AWB made Hi-Cap Pre Ban Mags a lucrative business! It drove the prices of these mags through the roof! A typical 15 round magazine "banned" once retailed for $25.00 to $35.00 now goes for $75.00 and up! It's ridiculous! What's the difference between a 10 round versus a 12 round magazine? Two rounds? Gee that'll save lives!

What about stockpiling pre-bans or 10 round mags? Those with criminal intent aren't going to play by the rules anyway! Most politicians and states have confirmed the AWB had ZERO EFFECT on Crime!

I don't support it nor do I see a purpose in it!

Leave a comment:

• Pedalin'Cop
    replied
    No, I absolutely do not support it and I hope it fades.

Leave a comment:

• vstfrnd
    replied
    Well, the people who make these laws usually live in a city where there is absolutely no lawful use, other than an indoor shooting range, for ANY gun and they have no idea of what guns really "are" and what they can do? I live in an area where there are many lawful activities that involve a range of firearms from hunting, plinking, skeet shooting to "Rendezvous" which are a get together of people who have an interest in black powder guns. They don't know, nor do they care about guns and the people who abide by the laws and use them responsibly. I'm no polititian, but you would think that if they were to focus more on the criminal than the gun, they would be making big steps toward the decline of many violent crimes, not only the ones pertaining to firearms. For the most part, they are "firearm ignorant" to begin with. Saying that, how in the world would they know what category to put them in?

Leave a comment:

• MI PinkPistols
    replied
    The biggest problem with the Assault Weapons ban is that NONE of the weapons it bans are "Assault Weapons." When I was in the Army (1974-1978) I was taught that an Assault RIFLE was fully capable of selective fire. ALL the weapons in the AWB list are SEMI-AUTO only.

If ANYONE thinks any of those weapons are "Assault Weapons," then you need to go back to school. Preferably one without left-wing professors.

As always, the above is just my humble opinion.

Leave a comment:

• MIKEBRAVO
    replied
    I <b>"DO NOT"</b> support it!!! This and other gun laws are <b>ONLY<b/> goning to be followed be <b>"LAW ABIDING PEOPLE"...</b> It is <b>TOTALLY ***ANINE</b> to believe that Criminals will follow <b>ANY LAWS</b> supporting gun regulations... You are just <B>"PUNISHING THE WRONG PEOPLE..........."</B>

Leave a comment:

• Brushfire
    replied
    Re: Statistics

Originally posted by Capt Godwin
    We need more public training on gun safety that is headed by their local law enforement. Arm the People.
    Guns Don't Kill, People Kill People !
    I don't know where you're from Capt. but here in TN there's quite a few LEO's and their agencies involved in training citizens in gun safety, self-defense, etc. The anti-gun crowd, on the other hand, completely goes around the concept of safety training because their mission is to ban guns period.

Here's a couple of self-denfense/training schools run by LEOs in TN.

http://www.farrisfirearms.com/
    http://www.warriormindset.com/

Leave a comment:

• j706
    replied
    Gun Control

I am pleased to see that about 95% of us are on the same page with this one. Makes me even prouder to be a cop,that being said,common sense should tell you that gun control is ineffective as well as just plain stupid. Some peoples thinking boggles my mind!!!!!!!!

IT'S NOT THE GUNS STUPID !!

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblecop
    replied
    Last edited by Invisiblecop; 12-12-2003, 06:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MI PinkPistols
    replied
    Re: Statistics

Originally posted by Capt Godwin
    Hi
    Touchy Subject I know
    Please someone show me statistics that any of the active gun laws have stopped violent crime commited with a gun. There is not one shred of evidence that supports gun control has deterred any gun crimes. The criminal will always have his weapon, leaving the public wide open targets for armed robber. We all have forgotten what our forefathers have written in the Constitution.

We need more public training on gun safety that is headed by their local law enforement. Arm the People.
    I think if there was a way to get the local police involved in teaching people not only HOW to shoot, but WHEN they can and can't shoot, it would be a step in the correct direction.

Myself, I worked as an armed security officer and private investigator in the Chicago area for over 10 years. Our training was not great, but the legal aspect did teach us when we could or could not shoot someone. In general, what applies in that profession also applies to civilians licensed to carry for their own protection.

And as much as I practice, I would appreciate helpful hints and suggestions from the local LEOs even more.

But that's just my own opinion.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Statistics

Hi
    Touchy Subject I know
    Please someone show me statistics that any of the active gun laws have stopped violent crime commited with a gun. There is not one shred of evidence that supports gun control has deterred any gun crimes. The criminal will always have his weapon, leaving the public wide open targets for armed robber. We all have forgotten what our forefathers have written in the Constitution.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblecop
    replied
    !
    Last edited by Invisiblecop; 12-12-2003, 06:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vstfrnd
    replied
    Taken from the U.S. D.O.J.

Offenders

According to the 1997 Survey of State Prison Inmates, among those possessing a gun, the source of the gun was from -

a flea market or gun show for fewer than 2%
    a retail store or pawnshop for about 12%
    family, friends, a street buy, or an illegal source for 80%

During the offense that brought them to prison, 15% of State inmates and 13% of Federal inmates carried a handgun, and about 2%, a military-style semiautomatic gun.
    On average, State inmates possessing a firearm received sentences of 18 years, while those without a weapon had an average sentence of 12 years.
    Among prisoners carrying a firearm during their crime, 40% of State inmates and 56% of Federal inmates received a sentence enhancement because of the firearm.

Leave a comment:

• MI PinkPistols
    replied
    The problem with the "Assault Weapon Ban" is it doesn't BAN Assault Weapons!

FOX NEWS:
    Candidates Confused on Gun Ban

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

By John R. Lott Jr.

[QUOTE]A new career awaits Democratic presidential candidates: offering advice to hunters.

Tuesday, Vermont Gov. Howard Dean explained his support for extending the assault weapons ban next year because

Leave a comment:

• rebbryan
    replied
    i support the part of the ban that bans tec-9's and the like. they're not "renewing" the old ban, they're making it even more restrictive

Leave a comment:

• vstfrnd
    replied
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Sentinel
    [B]I do not support the AWB and I hope it dies.

All I know is that I have a gun that can have a 11 round magazine but because of this stupid law it has a 10 round mag. Lord knows the havoc I could wreak with that extra round.All I know is that I have a gun that can have a 11 round magazine but because of this stupid law it has a 10 round mag. Lord knows the havoc I could wreak with that extra round.

Psssssst......Sentinel......if you ever wanna go on a real rampage, load yer clip + chamber one.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4191 users online. 253 members and 3938 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X