Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see a limit on criminals rights, not on the amount of bullets I can put in a gun.

Comment

I to do NOT support it.

Funny how the rank/file cops dont, but the politicians DO...

Aren't we the ones they are trying to protect?

Mike
      "Don't bother to run, you will only go to jail tired!"

Comment

Hey, you know what, you guys are alright. I've gone through every post on this thread and I can tell ya, for the most part, I agree with the majority of you. Many laughs! What gets me about this whole subject, is the fact that I, face to face with people, never hear anyone gloating about the "great" laws being passed to limit gun ownership and how they're glad to have made a difference. I know of not ONE person that I have ever met that are openly for gun control. If the subject ever comes up in conversation, the other person is just about as annoyed as I am about the whole thing. Seems to me, that the people who are for "gun control" in general are only the ones that are totally ignorant / scared of guns, (you know, those mean ol' guns that scare people) yet, I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of them wave their little banner for the media, demonstrating against the death penalty for the guy that slaughters a family or school yard. Is this their thought process?.... "He won't hurt anyone anymore; we have taken his mean ol' gun away."

But now I have a question for you guys. I'm not an LEO and this subject has made me think of a weapon that I own. Not being in the business, I don't review law books on weapons every day and I really don't feel like spending all of my time, digging up new laws, making sure that everything I own is legal. It's a Russian SKS that I bought from a dealer, new in the box. I have not touched this gun, as far as modification. That means that it has a 10 round, non-detatchable clip and a folding bayonet. I live in California and I bought this weapon sometime in the early '90's. I know that it was legal then, but if I take it out to either hunt or plink, am I ok, or am I a criminal now, just asking for trouble and confiscation?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sentinel
          [B]I do not support the AWB and I hope it dies.

All I know is that I have a gun that can have a 11 round magazine but because of this stupid law it has a 10 round mag. Lord knows the havoc I could wreak with that extra round.All I know is that I have a gun that can have a 11 round magazine but because of this stupid law it has a 10 round mag. Lord knows the havoc I could wreak with that extra round.

Psssssst......Sentinel......if you ever wanna go on a real rampage, load yer clip + chamber one.

Comment

i support the part of the ban that bans tec-9's and the like. they're not "renewing" the old ban, they're making it even more restrictive
            We don't need no stinking badges!

If there ain't no waves, you ain't rowing!

Comment

The problem with the "Assault Weapon Ban" is it doesn't BAN Assault Weapons!

FOX NEWS:
              Candidates Confused on Gun Ban

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

By John R. Lott Jr.

[QUOTE]A new career awaits Democratic presidential candidates: offering advice to hunters.

Tuesday, Vermont Gov. Howard Dean explained his support for extending the assault weapons ban next year because
              Big Gay Al
              "I'm sooper, thanks for Asking."
              NRA Life Member
              Member MCRGO.
              Coordinator MI PinkPistols

Comment

Taken from the U.S. D.O.J.

Offenders

According to the 1997 Survey of State Prison Inmates, among those possessing a gun, the source of the gun was from -

a flea market or gun show for fewer than 2%
                a retail store or pawnshop for about 12%
                family, friends, a street buy, or an illegal source for 80%

During the offense that brought them to prison, 15% of State inmates and 13% of Federal inmates carried a handgun, and about 2%, a military-style semiautomatic gun.
                On average, State inmates possessing a firearm received sentences of 18 years, while those without a weapon had an average sentence of 12 years.
                Among prisoners carrying a firearm during their crime, 40% of State inmates and 56% of Federal inmates received a sentence enhancement because of the firearm.

Comment

!
                  Last edited by Invisiblecop; 12-12-2003, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Statistics

Hi
                    Touchy Subject I know
                    Please someone show me statistics that any of the active gun laws have stopped violent crime commited with a gun. There is not one shred of evidence that supports gun control has deterred any gun crimes. The criminal will always have his weapon, leaving the public wide open targets for armed robber. We all have forgotten what our forefathers have written in the Constitution.

We need more public training on gun safety that is headed by their local law enforement. Arm the People.
                    Guns Don't Kill, People Kill People !

Comment

Re: Statistics

Originally posted by Capt Godwin
                      Hi
                      Touchy Subject I know
                      Please someone show me statistics that any of the active gun laws have stopped violent crime commited with a gun. There is not one shred of evidence that supports gun control has deterred any gun crimes. The criminal will always have his weapon, leaving the public wide open targets for armed robber. We all have forgotten what our forefathers have written in the Constitution.

We need more public training on gun safety that is headed by their local law enforement. Arm the People.
                      I think if there was a way to get the local police involved in teaching people not only HOW to shoot, but WHEN they can and can't shoot, it would be a step in the correct direction.

Myself, I worked as an armed security officer and private investigator in the Chicago area for over 10 years. Our training was not great, but the legal aspect did teach us when we could or could not shoot someone. In general, what applies in that profession also applies to civilians licensed to carry for their own protection.

And as much as I practice, I would appreciate helpful hints and suggestions from the local LEOs even more.

But that's just my own opinion.
                      Big Gay Al
                      NRA Life Member
                      Member MCRGO.

Comment

Last edited by Invisiblecop; 12-12-2003, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Gun Control

I am pleased to see that about 95% of us are on the same page with this one. Makes me even prouder to be a cop,that being said,common sense should tell you that gun control is ineffective as well as just plain stupid. Some peoples thinking boggles my mind!!!!!!!!

IT'S NOT THE GUNS STUPID !!
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Re: Statistics

Originally posted by Capt Godwin
                            I don't know where you're from Capt. but here in TN there's quite a few LEO's and their agencies involved in training citizens in gun safety, self-defense, etc. The anti-gun crowd, on the other hand, completely goes around the concept of safety training because their mission is to ban guns period.

Here's a couple of self-denfense/training schools run by LEOs in TN.

http://www.farrisfirearms.com/
                            http://www.warriormindset.com/
                            http://www.wintersoldier.com
                            THIS AMERICAN DOESN'T NEED TO PASS A "GLOBAL TEST" TO PROTECT HIS FREEDOM!

Comment

I <b>"DO NOT"</b> support it!!! This and other gun laws are <b>ONLY<b/> goning to be followed be <b>"LAW ABIDING PEOPLE"...</b> It is <b>TOTALLY ***ANINE</b> to believe that Criminals will follow <b>ANY LAWS</b> supporting gun regulations... You are just <B>"PUNISHING THE WRONG PEOPLE..........."</B>

Comment

The biggest problem with the Assault Weapons ban is that NONE of the weapons it bans are "Assault Weapons." When I was in the Army (1974-1978) I was taught that an Assault RIFLE was fully capable of selective fire. ALL the weapons in the AWB list are SEMI-AUTO only.

If ANYONE thinks any of those weapons are "Assault Weapons," then you need to go back to school. Preferably one without left-wing professors.

As always, the above is just my humble opinion.
                                Big Gay Al
                                NRA Life Member
                                Member MCRGO.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4449 users online. 270 members and 4179 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X