Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OJ Verdict- 10 Years Later- where were you?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in the school cafeteria, eating lunch in the sixth grade. It was a mostly white, private school. The Principal read the verdict over the intercom, and it started a huge foodfight!

Comment

How great was it that there was a Seinfeld episode earlier that season (I think) where Elaine begged her new boyfriend, Joel Rifkin to change his serial-killer name to "OJ Rifkin" when they couldn't agree on a cool name that had no murderous connotations?
      No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

That seinfeld was so funny,to this day I laugh to kill myself when that episode is on reruns,Pro

Comment

7th grade social studies.

Comment

There I was, trying to watch the Houston Rockets in the NBA Finals when I get to watch a 20 MPH pursuit. California was nice enough to close down the freeway and let him drive right to his home. Another state I know of would have shot his sorry *** off the road.

Comment

Thought he was guilty then, still do.

Well at least old Johnny is getting his defense ready while he waits for him.
              Kelly

We are the thin blue line
              between you
              and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

1sgkelly, funny!!!

I was at my grandmothers house in a predominantly black neighborhood when the verdict was read. And from all around you could hear people yelling and screaming and driving around beeping their horns. It made me sick. It just goes to show that money means everything.

When the L.A. riots happened, I was glued to the tv. More so than with OJ. That truck driver, Reginald Denny? How could you not be so inclined to sit and stare? It's funny how people have tunnel vision. No one wants to admit that Rodney King was a crack addict, or that he was a drug dealer, or just a horrible person in general. People (some) only want to see that a black man was beaten down by the po-po. I say he deserved what he got and he's lucky he's still alive.

Didn't he get a lot of money from that incident? I wonder where he is now?

Comment

Oh my, 6th grade??? I was taking a B&E alarm report and was talking to some witnesses and in their living room when it came over the t.v. I remember stopping the interviews and watching the t.v. I couldn't believe the news and neither could the witnesses. We were talking about it for a half hour before I remembered I was responding to the alarm which since reset and no entry had been made
                  Forever Remembered:
                  Tpr. Kevin M. Marshall
                  E.O.W. 7-7-03
                  Michigan State Police
                  Newaygo Post
                  "Our Rock"

Comment

OJ is SOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo guilty
                    "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired"

Comment

I was in biology class, last period of the day in high school...Vice Principal made the announcement over the loudspeakers...You could hear people through the school cheering...not because of the verdict, but because the whole ridiculous fiasco was finally over!

Comment

In school. Thats right, the only thing I remember from school was the OJ verdict.
                        There's no love in fear......Maynard James Keenan

Comment

Does anybody actually remember the year, I've blocked it out of my mind, seems like it was 6th grade for me also. Wasn't it an election year also? I really can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by HeineyGirl
                            1sgkelly, funny!!!

.... No one wants to admit that Rodney King was a crack addict, or that he was a drug dealer, or just a horrible person in general. People (some) only want to see that a black man was beaten down by the po-po. I say he deserved what he got and he's lucky he's still alive.

Didn't he get a lot of money from that incident? I wonder where he is now?
                            I believe last time I heard he was drunk/stoned and had driven his car into somebody's house.
                            Last edited by Jimmy127; 04-28-2006, 08:46 AM.

Comment

I was in military school in between classes when I saw the TV.......

TGY
                              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Was working as a detective saw it at work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4141 users online. 243 members and 3898 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X