Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OJ Verdict- 10 Years Later- where were you?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys... I think you're being too hard on OJ. I mean, 10 years of trying to find the killer of your wife and her lover. 10 years combing every green of every golf course of the southern California area. I mean, obviously the killer likes to golf. That's progress.
    You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

I was in my 5th hour geometry class my sophomore year of high school. Amazing what a lot of money can buy you. In this case, innocence.

-Nick-

Comment

Originally posted by Styx
        2nd grade...ok, now I feel prehistoric, thank you very much.
        Um Hum- Me too. Hopefully I don't destroy Tokyo with my tail when I turn around-

Anyhow, I was a uniform patrol Sergeant at the time. I was in the back room of the old Station #3 with two of our Violent Crime (Homicide) detectives.. When they announced it on TV the three of us just looked at each other. We were all pretty disgusted. It was an ugly day (and night) They held us over for the 4-12 shift in case there were problems- There were a few but nothing major. I made a few bucks off the deal.
        "The only means we possess to thank them is to try to be as good an American as they were. We might fall well short of their standard, but there is honor in the effort."

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
          ...combined with the black equivalent of the cliche "all white Southern jury in the 'ol days".
          Well if Good ole OJ had been tried by a all white Southern jury in the ole days,This thread would read.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................!

Comment

The verdict came in when I was sleeping. When I woke up and heard about it, I thought,"I'd been saying all through the trial he was going to beat it." So it was no surprise.
            "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

I was in the dorm room getting ready for chemistry class.

Those of you who continue to make statements like "it changed my view after that" or "I look at them differently now" you need to be honest with who you are as a person. Just because O.J. was not found guilty did not make me feel any different about white people. If it does then you really didnt like blacks to begin with and that was an escape goat to make yourself feel good about what was already in your heart.

I will not lie, when I heard the verdict the first thing that came to my mind is a black man was finally a beneficiary of the crooked system that whites been getting around for centuries.

went to class and continued friendships with the same peers that I continue friendships with today.

OJ then and now will always be a non factor in my life. What many fail to realize but some have commented on it. OJ is not of the black race he belongs to the RICH race. Oj can play golf at country clubs you and I will never be able to get in the front gates. Why? because he is apart of that elite group!
              MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

I was investigating a residential burglary and the home's TV was tuned on. I remember being surprised that it was an outright aquittal, I expected a hung jury.

I also remember being angry at myself. Flash back a year before that when OJ went on the run toward Mexico. I knew then that he was guilty but I was hoping that he wouldn't kill himself on national TV and cause his little children have to live with that (at that time I was sure he'd be convicted, no jury had yet been chosen).

I hope that the two kids smell the roses and don't give him teh time of day.

Comment

I was a junior in HS. What I remember most is the nonstop barrage of O.J. jokes and pranks on the Howard Stern show. That ALMOST made it worth the BS verdict.
                  Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

I was in the 8th grade. I was convinced it would be guilty. Turned on the tv, when we heard the verdict the class was silent. Our teacher shook his side to side and turned it off. That was it. My sister was in HS then and she said people were running thru the halls shouting " the juice is loose!' I still never caught on to what that meant.
                    John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Marine
                      I was in the 8th grade. I was convinced it would be guilty. Turned on the tv, when we heard the verdict the class was silent. Our teacher shook his side to side and turned it off. That was it. My sister was in HS then and she said people were running thru the halls shouting " the juice is loose!' I still never caught on to what that meant.
                      OJ's nickname when he was a football player was "Juice". So when he was let go, the "juice" was loose...
                      Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

I was in 6th grade class when it was announced Kennedy was killed. OJ verdict, no freakin' idea.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
                          Hhhmmm...no replies. I guess nobody else heard the OJ verdict back then.
                          Happlily 3000 miles away, watching the celebrants on CNN.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

I never understood that crap about a glove not fitting. He put both on his 2 f%cking hands. ON ....... BOTH ....... F%CKING ........ HANDS. They looked like they fit too me. I think that OJ's reaction and "struggling" with the gloves was the best acting of his crappy career.

And anyone who is black that is offended when a white person says that they believed MOST blacks whooped it up after the verdict is smokin' da crack. I don't need no stinkin' poles. I heard it and saw it with my own eyes and ears (well, go ahead and add the poles, too). Blacks loved it ...... MOSTLY.

And this garbage about the justice system being unfair to minorities is lame. I rarely (1 a year maybe) actually have to testify in court passed the probable cause hearing. Know why??????? Because they all plea out. Why?????? Cause they are guilty.

Comment

Wanna read a good book on the OJ Simpson case? Read "OUTRAGE" by Vincent Bougliosi. He's the guy who prosecuted Charles Manson. It's an eye opener.
                              "ACTA NON VERBA" (Deeds not words!)

Comment

I was at work waiting for all the hard working honest citizens in the good part of town to burn down their neighborhoods like how all the ghetto thugs burned their hood when the LAPD oficers were found not guilty in the King case. Strangely, though many were upset, no cars were turned over, no minorities were singled out for beatings, no fires were set. Things we calm & life went on.
                                Last edited by Harry Callahan; 12-25-2005, 04:13 PM.
                                "Do you feel lucky, punk?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4583 users online. 269 members and 4314 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X