Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teacher fired for displaying picture of President

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0721053bush1.html

I guess it figures since a Democrat can't make an arguement with facts she'll just ignore the truth altogether.
    You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Along those lines, I remember when I went to my 1st ship in the Navy, in 92, they had the President's picture on the quarterdeck. When Clinton was elected they just had the CO, XO and CMC's pictures instead.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

That reminds me of an incident last election. A school teacher was forced to take down a display of past presidents because she would not put up a picture of John Kerry. All she said was that John Kerry was not a past president. They made her take it down anyway.

Comment

I guess it figures since a Democrat can't make an arguement with facts...

I guess since a Republican can't spell argument with letters...

Principal was wrong, teacher should win her lawsuit, the picture should go up along with the other presidents. Simple.

All parties have their unthinking partisan loyalists...no surprise here.
        -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

The principle was wrong if what was brought in the lawsuit is correct but who has heard the other side?

The teacher was also wrong to not follow the direction of a supervisor even if she didn
          Last edited by premium; 11-06-2005, 03:00 PM.

Comment

There has to be more to the story than this, but if not...I hope she wins her case. As a democrat myself, I still know how to respect the President. Seeing his picture (?) would never enrage me. Hearing a teacher gloat about him would never enrage me, either. This is only in the 'news' because of how stupid it is. Unfortunately, we see most of our 'news' because of its shock value. To react to it with anything other than mild amusement is the *reason* we only see these dumb stories, and not the ones that deserve our attention.

Comment

Originally posted by djack16

I guess since a Republican can't spell argument with letters...
              First off, that's just petty. Secondly, you assume I'm a Republican- even with my sig file. So I can't spell and you can't read. Thanks for playing.
              You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Touch
                -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

If it was up with the other presedents,I dont see a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mcsexplorer
                    If it was up with the other presedents,I dont see a problem.
                    Agreed. I think the problem was with a couple of folks who didn't like her because she was indeed a professed Republican and used the picture as "proof" that she is using the classroom to influence the children's political views.

If she had been adorning her room with posters of various right-wing figures and mocking a particular group then I think it would be out of line. I wonder what ever became of this lawsuit.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Agreed. I think the problem was with a couple of folks who didn't like her because she was indeed a professed Republican and used the picture as "proof" that she is using the classroom to influence the children's political views.

If she had been adorning her room with posters of various right-wing figures and mocking a particular group then I think it would be out of line. I wonder what ever became of this lawsuit.
                      But I have been in classrooms for various reasons and have seen many posters/pictures/quotes from those at the ACLU. Why is one group ok and not the other? This is the double standard so often used by the left-leaning. It's ok to teach "tolerance" but to not actually tolerate any opinion other than that of the left-wing. i.e. the wonderfully insightful "Anybody but Bush." which I saw in half of the classrooms in a school I searched prior to the last election. Guess that was ok.. Ok- how about Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden? Sorry- I rant...
                      Last edited by hounddog; 02-02-2006, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hounddog
                        But I have been in classrooms for various reasons and have seen many posters/pictures/quotes from those at the ACLU. Why is one group ok and not the other? This is the double standard so often used by the left-leaning. It's ok to teach "tolerance" but to not actually tolerate any opinion other than that of the left-wing. i.e. the wonderfully insightful "Anybody but Bush." which I saw in half of the classrooms in a school I searched prior to the last election. Guess that was ok.. Ok- how about Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden? Sorry- I rant...
                        You're so sure those were endorsed by the school? I NEVER went into a classroom in which a teacher had decorated it with political commentary. If you have such a problem with this why don't you complain? Kids go to school to LEARN not to be preached to.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

You're so sure those were endorsed by the school? I NEVER went into a classroom in which a teacher had decorated it with political commentary. If you have such a problem with this why don't you complain? Kids go to school to LEARN not to be preached to.
                          The MEA (Michigan Educational Association) is one of the most left wing associated groups in michigan right behind the auto unions. Every teacher with a certificate in Michigan belongs. Who do I complain to? There may be some who don't agree with the thinking- but how do you find them? They won't speak up for fear of job oriented reprisals. And what good will it do to complain to a left leaning administration? They fight to get the Ten Commandments taken out of school- something on which this country's ideal and laws were founded; they fight to get the words "In God we trust" removed from the Pledge of Allegence, something I'm not entirely sure I disagree with-but do disagree with; and they fight to remove school prayers and suspend students who pray on their own time while on school grounds. In many schools now you can't even have pictures of SANTA CLAUSE. I have complained about all of these to the same school district I saw the posters and things- but it still goes on.

I do agree with you that I send my kids to school to learn. Not to have a foreign set of morals pressed upon their open minds. If a child goes to the liberal side on their own, that's fine and part of how young people think. Change oriented is always on their minds as it is supposed to be, after all they are young! Our school systems have been taken over by the ultra liberals who pass out condoms, and tell teenage kids it's ok to have pre-marital sex, that the nuclear family is outdated, and that it is ok to call the police when your parents spank you or try to control a completely out of control kid who is tearing up a house. Some of these teachers try to undermine the family, and teach these children to disrespect the authority of the parent. Parents are afraid of these people because they threaten to call protective services (which in Michigan is another ultra left organization whom cops can hardly get them to do their jobs regarding heavy abuse and drug use in the home, but if they get one call from a teacher- whatch out) and have kids removed from home. They call the police and files unsubstantiated claims, demanding that we remove kids.

I have seen them go to kids homes and try to take the kids out because they feel the parents aren't considering the feelings of the child. I was just ranting a little- but I absolutely believe they were endorsed by the schools- perhaps not officially, but I know they were under the table. After all, the MEA had the second highest amount of donations to Kerry in the last election in Michigan. ( I can be wrong about that- I am going by memory) There is a trend, and it does no good to complain. Just the opinion of a frustrated parent.

I admire this teacher for her conviction, even if her actions were misplaced.
                          Last edited by hounddog; 02-03-2006, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Kids go to school to LEARN not to be preached to.
                            Humbug. Basically kids to grade school in order to learn to behave, and follow all instructions without questioning. Don't agree? Try challenging a stereotype in a public school today. You might get expelled.
                            We go to College to learn out skills, and the "secret curriculum" which is competition and time management.

- Zipcreature
                            THIS POST IS NOT DIRECTED TO ANY ONE.

Comment

First off, I have to go back to this NEVER comment. When did you go into a school during the last election? Honest question, not trying to start fight.

Secondly, since you were born in 1985 and are only 21 years old I'll give you a pass cuz you haven't had the chance to figure out the world.

Third- a quote for you"If a man isn't a liberal by the time he is 20 he has no heart. If he isn't a conservative by the time he is 30, he has no brains." Guess who said it and what it means?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3899 users online. 257 members and 3642 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X