300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERF's 30 Guiding Principles

I haven't been able to find any discussion in any O.com forums about the publication PERF put out in January and updated in March called "Guiding Principles on Use of Force." It contains "30 principles" aimed at reducing the use of force by American LEOs. However, I believe PERF overlooked the threat to British police compared to what is faced by police in the U.S as pointed out in this article.

https://medium.com/@HLSBuzz/is-perfs...d3d#.4n85kk7eu

The Association for Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs also put out some strong opinions about PERF's "30 Guiding Principles."

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/T...id=eSFs58V9sAI

And if you would like some "light" reading, here's a link to PERF's publication on its "30 principles."

http://www.policeforum.org/assets/30...principles.pdf
    Last edited by ehd; 05-10-2016, 12:12 AM.

An editorial piece from one of our regular contributors about this very topic: http://www.officer.com/article/12174...ble-principles

The author is a long time police veteran and use of force instructor.
    sigpic
    The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
    PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

PERF is sheer stupidity, written by Administrators who Know Nothing.

Comment

By the time they get done we won't even be able to put handcuffs on anyone. Oh you don't want to go to jail that's fine turn yourself in when you feel like it.
        Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

OfficerDotCom, Thanks for sharing the link!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            PERF is sheer stupidity, written by Administrators who Know Nothing.
            Isn't that CALEA?

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
              Isn't that CALEA?

image.jpeg

Comment

One of the founding associations of CALEA was PERF, along with the International Association of Chiefs of Police, the National Sheriffs Association, and the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives.

Comment

Your point being what? Are you even a cop?

Comment

Your point being what? Are you even a cop?
                    CCCSD, If your question was directed at me, slamdunc asked if PERF was CALEA. I was attempting to let him know that PERF was one of the organizations that founded CALEA. And yes, I am a cop.

Comment

Anyone who embraces PERF and its "principles" is a FOOL and deserves the fallout that will follow. I can't believe that a Cop, not COP, would even consider it's blatant anti-crime, anti-LE guidelines.

Comment

Anyone who embraces PERF and its "principles" is a FOOL and deserves the fallout that will follow. I can't believe that a Cop, not COP, would even consider it's blatant anti-crime, anti-LE guidelines.
                        CALEA is the second biggest scam in the law enforcement community--------------second only to the American Corrections Association Accreditation process
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

And yet this alleged cop, can't even figure out community policing...

Comment

Originally posted by ehd View Post
                            One of the founding associations of CALEA was PERF, along with the International Association of Chiefs of Police, the National Sheriffs Association, and the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives.
                            All of which, to any real cop who knows what's what, gives CALEA even less credibility. Those are all just a bunch of employment projects for has-been and coming up on has-been chiefs. The higher the rank, the less essential they are to an agency's actual function.

Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I read through the points. I stopped when I read the following....

"We are developing a protocol right now in which we want to get the guns out of the hands of the patrol officers on scene, get the guns back in the holsters"
                              REINSTATE THE TRIG
                              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                              Your logic defies logic
                              Originally posted by Rudy8116
                              Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                              Originally posted by Michigan
                              Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                              Originally posted by TheTick
                              A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                              Originally posted by TheTick
                              This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                              Originally posted by 02paul09
                              Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12322 users online. 528 members and 11794 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X