Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the states that have the death penalty.........

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D1RTYL0G1C View Post
    Are you suggesting that God loves pedophiles and murderers and we should feed them and give them a place to stay? I hope you didn't learn that from your preacher because I don't remember Jesus ever saying a damn word remotely close to that in any version of the Bible I've read.
    Most of my religious education/upbringing came from Benedictine monks. Their consistent message was God loves ALL his children. That we should forgive. They also taught us that forgiveness is not supposed to be a suicide pact.

Feeding someone and giving them a place to stay is a little general. I'm not going to let some pedophile crash on my couch and raid my fridge. I am however willing to pay my taxes to lock him/her in a cage 23 hours a day and make them ask permission to wipe their arse. The prison system is one of the perks of living in an advanced society.
    Yeah. That would go poorly. Like, on the Scale of Fail, somewhere between "Titanic" and "Chernobyl."
    --Squirrel

Comment

Originally posted by D1RTYL0G1C View Post
      Why would I worry? I don't fall into any of those categories .
      Not yet..... Once a criminal, always a criminal in my book.....

Hopefully, you will hit 3 strikes soon and get sent away for a long time.......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
        Not yet..... Once a criminal, always a criminal in my book.....

Hopefully, you will hit 3 strikes soon and get sent away for a long time.......
        Here, I've added the facts to support your statement.

Sentence 1
        Offense:
        Home Invasion - 3rd Degree
        Minimum Sentence:

MCL#:
        750.110A4
        Maximum Sentence:
        2 years 0 months
        Court File#:
        09021433-01-FH
        Date of Offense:
        07/04/2008
        County:
        Wayne
        Date of Sentence:
        10/22/2009
        Conviction Type:
        Plea

Sentence 2
        Offense:
        Malicious Destruction of Personal Property Less Than $200.00
        Minimum Sentence:

MCL#:
        750.377A1D
        Maximum Sentence:
        2 years 0 months
        Court File#:
        09021433-01-FH
        Date of Offense:
        07/04/2008
        County:
        Wayne
        Date of Sentence:
        10/22/2009
        Conviction Type:
        Plea

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
          Here, I've added the facts to support your statement.
          Too bad someone didn't shoot this asshat and put him our of his.....and our....misery.....

Comment

Ha ha D1rty is banned!

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
              Ha ha D1rty is banned!
              What? That can't be! He's all innocent. Maybe he accepted plea from O.com mods to save O.com money. Man, there goes my daily dose of an entertainment

Comment

what happend to the good ole days when the death penalty only cost the price of a bullet. I dont remember the exact cost of leathal injection but its high. We could use the most awesome premium ammo around and it is still only a couple bucks at the worst. The other aspect is that we could buy a pack of bulk federal 22 LR rounds for 18 bucks at my local walmart and be executing for years to come for next to nothing. As a matter of fact if they let me be in charge of it that is the route I would take and I would fund it from my own pocket at 33.55 rounds per dollar now that is cost effectiveness. Why should they have a painless drift off to sleep death thats not how their victims died.

Comment

Originally posted by 300mag83 View Post
                  Why should they have a painless drift off to sleep death thats not how their victims died.
                  Like make the punishment fit the crime? I'm all for it... make it required viewing on all TV stations.
                  sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                    Like make the punishment fit the crime? I'm all for it... make it required viewing on all TV stations.
                    Required viewing for whom, and who mandates we view it? While I support the DP as well, we do have an 8Th amendment, don't we?
                    Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
                      Required viewing for whom, and who mandates we view it? While I support the DP as well, we do have an 8Th amendment, don't we?
                      Just turn you tv off if you don't want to watch it. I do that a lot these days.

There used to be public executions, but then I reckon someone thought they were uncivilized or something... so they made them private executions out of the publics eye with only select witnesses.

Yes we do have an 8th amendment that states no cruel and unusual punishments inflicted. That pretty much rules out my suggestion. DANGIT!!!!
                      sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Originally posted by wyofirebirdbaby View Post
                        Yes,and serial killers but it is important about being absolutely sure the person is guilty! I have no problem with the death penalty being enforced then. When no doubt of their guilt is more than evident I see no problem carrying out what needs to be done. I don't believe in it being drug out for years and years or having appeal after appeal heard. You did it beyond a shadow of a doubt,it's consequences time. It just doesn't happen like that.

Didn't Bundy get executed? How about Dahmer? Any other famous "whackos" that actually had the death sentence carried out on them?
                        Dahmer was killed in prison
                        Bundy had his sentence carried out in '89.
                        Last edited by Truckerspeed; 02-20-2013, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GLHS837 View Post
                          This subject came up recently in my local forum, and the issue of executing innocents was raised. I said I would trade increased requirements for proof in death penalty cases such as confession/video/DNA, for a fast track in such cases. Those animals in CT, for instance, who killed the mother and daughters after raping the mom and the 12 year old? Those two should be put down right away. and yes, I would trigger the injection, pull the handle, whichever. They have forfeited the right to breathe the same air humans breathe. We have video, or DNA, or your confession, one appeal, then your done, have a seat in the chair.
                          This I agree with 100%. I feel that if strictly circumstancial evidence is all there is then whatever has to be done to get concrete evidence needs to be done before that person even goes to court. Go ahead and hold them until evidence is found but circumstancial evidence should be thrown out completely. This is for cases that the death penalty is a possibility for the crime committed.

The defense attorneys need to be less concerned about getting people off who are guilty and they know it and concentrate on less harsh sentences and prosecuters need to be more diligent in proving beyond a shadow of a doubt the guilt of someone and not use circumstantial evidence as proof! These days the saying of "if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck....." isn't like it used to be! If it looks and walks like a duck,I'd still like positive proof it's a duck and not a chicken that could pass for a duck! I'm sure you know what I'm trying to get at!

When someone takes anothers' life I'm all for making sure it's who really did it before they are executed but after it's proven then the kid gloves need to come off and we need to use the death penalty. And the human rights thing? Their victim didn't get that consideration and the killer should lose his as well! All forms of legal execution are humanely done these days in my opinion except for the electric chair and is it even used anymore? Injection,hanging or firing squad I'm sure is 100 times more humane than what they did to their victim/s 99 out of 100 times!

Public viewing? Yep,especially by the family of the killer,others who want to and all other prisoners so they can see what does happen when you don't shape up! In the old days prison was meant to be a deterrent by forcing all prisoners to do hard labor every day and then locked up the rest of the time. No one was on death row very long. If you got out you didn't want to ever go back! Today the drugs,the luxuries,the 3 meals a day,free bed and a roommate to converse with and not do one lick of work for and visits from friends and family seem very little like punishment to me and more like an extended stay at a bad motel with instructions on becoming a better criminal and ways to not get caught.

IMO,true punishment also includes a lesson on why NOT to do it again! When my dad punished me as a kid I never again did what I got punished for in any way so it was also a deterrent. I learned quickly that when his punishment was given out that it was unpleasant enough that I only recieved it 3 times in my growing up. (Being grounded or having my allowance taken away wasn't the punishment recieved for serious infractions of his 3 rules......do not lie,cheat or steal!) I've never stolen anything,lied to authority figures or cheated in any way.....in school,on my partner,in games or on my taxes. My dad's been gone for 4 years now and I'm still scared of him!!

Enough said on a subject I could go on about forever! I sure couldn't be President but I'd love to be in charge of the judicial system!
                          I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                            Just turn you tv off if you don't want to watch it. I do that a lot these days.

There used to be public executions, but then I reckon someone thought they were uncivilized or something... so they made them private executions out of the publics eye with only select witnesses.

Yes we do have an 8th amendment that states no cruel and unusual punishments inflicted. That pretty much rules out my suggestion. DANGIT!!!!
                            I'm all for public viewing. Same way that the President speaking is on all the channels (CBS<NBC<ABC) whether we want to listen to him or not. Turning it off or going to an independent station sticks to the 8th amendment for the people who want to use that but where was that 8th amendment for the victim?

Whole towns turned out for hangings in the old days with a select few staying home. If we spend less on housing prisoners we could put it towards the national deficit.....right?? (LOL!)
                            I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by 300mag83 View Post
                              what happend to the good ole days when the death penalty only cost the price of a bullet. I dont remember the exact cost of leathal injection but its high. We could use the most awesome premium ammo around and it is still only a couple bucks at the worst. The other aspect is that we could buy a pack of bulk federal 22 LR rounds for 18 bucks at my local walmart and be executing for years to come for next to nothing. As a matter of fact if they let me be in charge of it that is the route I would take and I would fund it from my own pocket at 33.55 rounds per dollar now that is cost effectiveness. Why should they have a painless drift off to sleep death thats not how their victims died.
                              I truly believe that volunteers would be fairly easy to find to carry out the firing squad type of execution for free if the ammo was provided for them by the state! That isn't cruel or unusual treatment as long as they can't run from ya!! One bullet in the correct spot is instant death!

Were I to be a victim of a murderer I would certainly prefer to go very quickly and not be tortured for hours or days like a lot of victims are. Firing squad is more humane than torture. Some victims know they're going to die way before they do which is what's cruel but knowing WHY you're going to die lets you accept it and the victims don't get that usually! The murderer will!

Why we have to treat killers with so much concern and caring is beyond me as they didn't do that for their victim and in my mind,when you kill on purpose you give up every God given right you ever had because you not only broke numerous commandments but you had no respect for the rights of others and deserve to be treated as you treated others.

The ones who scream about the rights and humane treatment for killers have most likely never lost a loved one,especially a child,to one or they wouldn't scream so loudly! It's as easy to forgive the murderer after he's been put to death as it is while he's alive but the ONLY one who should be doing the forgiving was murdered and the life of a murderer isn't worth us supporting so he can continue to breathe and function. His victim may have been a productive part of society while he never would be but let's go ahead and pay for his housing while our country goes broke and takes away money we worked hard and honestly for!

Just another flaw in our system that costs more than $$$$$$ ever will with the loss of just all the LEO's at the hands of a worthless scumbag,not even adding the innocent citizens and children that are lost daily! The victims' families suffer the loss forever while the offenders' family can still call,write and visit their family member! To me,that's cruel and inhumane treatment on top of the loss of their loved one! Seems like the wrong people are screaming about the rights for the wrong people!
                              I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
                                I agree with the death penalty when there is absolutely no doubt, like with Charles Manson or with the guy who massacred the Coffee Shop in Washington and killed 4 Police Officers, or the guy who shot Senator Giffords.
                                Do you mean to imply that convicting, and even imprisoning, a person is okay when there is some doubt as to guilt?
                                lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4156 users online. 257 members and 3899 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X