Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the states that have the death penalty.........

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the states that have the death penalty.........

For those states that have the death penalty and the criminals sentenced to death,why isn't it used more often? Here in Wyoming,it's been 13 years since the death penalty has been enforced with only 30 total enforcements since having the death penalty.

Why sentence someone to death if they very seldom get put to death?

May as well just sentence them to life in prison with no chance for parole.
    I'm old......that's all.

To much red tape, to many appeals given, to many human rights groups.

We should be doing it every hour of every day. Want to start saving some money for the states? How about we get rid of some of those people who are nothing more than pieces of shhh, who will never be anything other than pieces of shhh.
    This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

***** judges
      The All New
      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I agree,Erik. If they got the death sentence then they deserved it and should have it used on them. No way to get out on the streets again if you're dead! Or to pass on your "how to" tips on being a better robber,rapist,cop ambusher,killer or child molester! It seems like if the death penalty isn't used because of the reasons you listed,then it should be done away with.

Where were the human rights when the victim was needing them? IMO,when one goes to prison,their human rights were forfeited and they're lucky to still be alive at all! A topic and situation to never be solved,like a lot of others.

Thanks for the answer!
        I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
          ***** judges
          Is it the judges in those states that decide or is it the juries or both? Isn't it lawyers who do all the appeals? But then a judge decides on those appeals,right? So I see what you mean then! How stupid!

So who does a stay of execution? The govenor?
          I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 trooper View Post
            ***** judges

lmao! :d <WTF?
            Last edited by westside popo; 03-24-2011, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Lawyers. The longer the jerk is alive, the more $$$ they stand to make.
              sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

I guess I fall out a little differently on this one than most of my fellow conservatives. I actually oppose the death penalty for the following reasons:

(1) Sometimes we get it wrong. I don't think it happens very often, but when you execute an innocent person, there's no undoing it.

(2) I don't like to kill people. I'm not willing to personally execute someone who is not at the moment a threat to anyone and I believe that if you're not willing to do it yourself, you lack the moral authority to have someone else do it for you.

Sure, it's expensive, but we're a rich country. We mow the grass beside the highways, for cryin' out loud. We spend 100 million dollars a day firing rockets and stuff at Libya. We can afford to lock them up for life.
                "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
                But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
                "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
                We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
                  I guess I fall out a little differently on this one than most of my fellow conservatives. I actually oppose the death penalty for the following reasons:

(1) Sometimes we get it wrong. I don't think it happens very often, but when you execute an innocent person, there's no undoing it.

(2) I don't like to kill people. I'm not willing to personally execute someone who is not at the moment a threat to anyone and I believe that if you're not willing to do it yourself, you lack the moral authority to have someone else do it for you.

Sure, it's expensive, but we're a rich country. We mow the grass beside the highways, for cryin' out loud. We spend 100 million dollars a day firing rockets and stuff at Libya. We can afford to lock them up for life.
                  I have to admit I agree with you in part. I'm for the death penalty in certain circumstances,cop killings,child killings and killing just because you can. Putting an innocent person to death would be hard to deal with,yes,and we know our judicial system leaves a lot to be desired,so IMHO,I feel the death penalty should just be done away with as it isn't used often enough to be a deterrant to anyone anyway really.

They seem to be locked up forever anyway so we may as well continue to pay for it. Charles Manson is still around and still nuttier than squirrell poop so I'd say we do have money to "waste" as you said.

It was nice to hear a different opinion on the death penalty and your reason was the best I could think of. That's why you're one of the "good guys" and out there upholding the law,as distorted to some as it may seem to be at times!
                  I'm old......that's all.

Comment

I agree with the death penalty when there is absolutely no doubt, like with Charles Manson or with the guy who massacred the Coffee Shop in Washington and killed 4 Police Officers, or the guy who shot Senator Giffords.

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
                      I agree with the death penalty when there is absolutely no doubt, like with Charles Manson or with the guy who massacred the Coffee Shop in Washington and killed 4 Police Officers, or the guy who shot Senator Giffords.
                      Yes,and serial killers but it is important about being absolutely sure the person is guilty! I have no problem with the death penalty being enforced then. When no doubt of their guilt is more than evident I see no problem carrying out what needs to be done. I don't believe in it being drug out for years and years or having appeal after appeal heard. You did it beyond a shadow of a doubt,it's consequences time. It just doesn't happen like that.

Didn't Bundy get executed? How about Dahmer? Any other famous "whackos" that actually had the death sentence carried out on them?
                      I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Obviously, you've forgotten about Texas, Virginia, and Florida!!!!!!
                        "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by wyofirebirdbaby View Post

Didn't Bundy get executed? How about Dahmer? Any other famous "whackos" that actually had the death sentence carried out on them?
                          Bundy was executed in Flordia. 1989

Dahmer was killed in prison by another inmate. 1994

Gacy was executed in Illinois 1994

Most others are still waiting
                          Last edited by Iowa #1603; 03-25-2011, 11:15 AM.
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
                            Obviously, you've forgotten about Texas, Virginia, and Florida!!!!!!
                            Oklahoma runs right in there...........
                            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                              Bundy was executed in Flordia. 1989

Dahmer was killed in prison by another inmate. 1994

Gacy was executed in Illinois 1994
                              Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                              Oklahoma runs right in there...........

McVeigh 2001

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6513 users online. 374 members and 6139 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X