• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Open Carry thread...

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-ff-...,4193285.story

This guy makes Open Carry look bad....

Stay safe everyone....
    Last edited by amw315; 03-22-2011, 09:09 PM.

Oh please wont open carry just go away. Don't these idiots realize that they do far more harm then good? It's hard enough being a gun owner sometimes but then we have this idiot and others like him who make us all look bad it gets even worse.
    This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Why should open carry go away? Why should any legal activity that isn't harming anyone go away? All that has to happen is for everybody to stop getting their panties in a bunch when they see a gun and it becomes a non-issue. It has already happened here.
      "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
      But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
      "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
      We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
        Why should open carry go away? Why should any legal activity that isn't harming anyone go away? All that has to happen is for everybody to stop getting their panties in a bunch when they see a gun and it becomes a non-issue. It has already happened here.
        And you really think guys like him are the best candidates to lead the charge for our rights?

I am really starting to believe that all of these open carry "look at me" types are really just anti-2nd people trying to bring even more gun control into this world.

And its working....
        This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Here's my opinion on it:
          The reporters dramatized it a little much.
          The guy was an idiot for making those comments about shooting the police and not taking care of his traffic cases.
          All though I have yet to open carry I don't think it is a bad thing. I have even seen a few open carry with their family here at the Walmart. Nobody else appeared to notice or care. No I would not want an idiot like that representing anything to do with 2A rights.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
            Which will never happen in certain areas of the country.....not where they see ANYONE with a weapon as a threat....including uniformed LEOs.....

There are areas that many of the people are spoon fed from birth the notion that firearms are some sort of evil black magic.....and absolutely nothing will ever change their viewpoint.
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

And do you really think that if open carry were legal in California or New York or Illinois, gangbangers who did not yet have a felony conviction would not terrorize residents and the police even more? And do you think cops would be safer?

California, New York and Illinois are not Alaska. Forty years ago, open carry was legal in California. Then the Black Panthers started surrounding cops on traffic stops, and walked into the State Capitol building carrying shotguns. Although what they did was legal at the time, I would not say that they were not harming anyone.
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                Although what they did was legal at the time, I would not say that they were not harming anyone.
                Huh? WHo or wht were they harming? Huh?
                The All New
                BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                  Those of us who are responsible gun owners....

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                    Being intimidated is a form of emotional harm that causes people not to go about their normal activities because of fear for their safety.
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                      There are areas that many of the people are spoon fed from birth the notion that firearms are some sort of evil black magic.....and absolutely nothing will ever change their viewpoint.
                      I understand that...I do...And that's why I will never live in one of those places.
                      "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
                      But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
                      "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
                      We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Oh please. You gotta be kidding.
                        Originally posted by DAL View Post
                        Being intimidated is a form of emotional harm that causes people not to go about their normal activities because of fear for their safety.
                        The All New
                        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by DAL
                          1Being intimidated is a form of emotional harm that causes people not to go about their normal activities because of fear for their safety. .
                          But DAL, I'm not intimidated by an aircraft carrier in the hands of responsible US Military personnel, as long as I'm not doing anything wrong.. I'm not intimidated when I'm driving my motorcycle on a highway full of 18 wheelers and SUVs as long as people are driving responsibly. Open carry is not the same thing as brandishing.

Comment

I was checking out cop watch and discovered the subject of this thread is on there. His user name is Maxima.
                            Link

Substitute the "********" with cop watch, with out any spaces in the url.
                            Last edited by westside popo; 03-24-2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Atta boy, Monte. +1
                              Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                              But DAL, I'm not intimidated by an aircraft carrier in the hands of responsible US Military personnel, as long as I'm not doing anything wrong.. I'm not intimidated when I'm driving my motorcycle on a highway full of 18 wheelers and SUVs as long as people are driving responsibly. Open carry is not the same thing as brandishing.
                              The All New
                              - M1Garand

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6480 users online. 360 members and 6120 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X