X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Free Zones

If it were only this easy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt...eature=related
    The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
    George Carlin

Originally posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    I couldn't get the sound to work but I think I got what it was about. Gun Free zones are a dumb idea, they don't work. Newsflash criminals don't obey the law. If they did we would end crime by making it illegal. If criminals know that their potential victims are no longer an easy mark, they are armed trained, and alert, they will think twice before attempting to victimize that person. An armed society is a polite society. I think if you want to reduce crime allow everyone who can legally own a gun to carry that gun in their vehicle and on their person concealed, and pass a bill such as the castle doctrine so that people no longer have a duty to retreat from violent criminals in any place that they have a right to be. I do think that there should be some kind of training required but if that was taught in high school like drivers education there would be no problems. No one should be required to own or carry an gun but everyone should be taught how and able to exercise that right without unconstitutional infringement by the government. Gun free zones are just afree for all for criminals who won't obey even our most basic laws.

Comment

I remember seeing "Nuclear-free Zones" in the 1960s or 1970s.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Last edited by velobard; 09-12-2008, 02:02 PM.

Comment

excellent post.
          "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

All "Gun Free Zones" do is encourage the animals to go rob someone there.....as they know it is an 'unarmed victim zone'
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

For the active shooter:

Gun Free Zones = Target Rich Environment

Rev

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4145 users online. 219 members and 3926 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X