300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop mount

Does anyone have a mount for a laptop that will work in an Explorer?

I got a computer, but the mount and power supply were cut from the budget.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

wow, that sucks. they're gonna make you buy your own?
    Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

I have a universal one, I think it's a jotto desk. Would need a new strap though. PM me if you are interested and I can get you some pics.
      Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

They said to set it on the passenger seat til next budget year, and charge it at the office.

I have an inverter from when I had a travel trailer, glad I kept it...
        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Mount

There is the $30 one on Ebay. I have never used it, so I don't know how good it is. If you have a Panasonic Toughbook you can find the Lind Electronics 12 volt car cords fairly reasonably on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/8YEARS-ON-EBAY-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

There is the $30 one on Ebay.
            Have you actually LOOKED at the $30 ebay special?
            I'll leave it on the seat.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Jotto desk has some nice ones that bolt under the passenger seat. They call them the no holes mount. I work at a buisness that builds cop cars and they are popular, not sure about the price. What year is your rig? were are working on some '08 for a S.O. now, so I'll look at what they are using and check price. I'll also see if we any extras lying around they we may be able to get rid of. I'll pm you with what I find out.

Comment

we use Ledco mounts for our Toughbooks.
                Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

I bought one off of ebay about 2 years ago and it works/looks great in a jeep liberty. I'm a corrections officer but I'm also volunteer EMA, and it has come in very handy. However, the mount I bought on ebay is different than the $30 ones listed now. The one I bought was $50 and the seller is no longer selling them.

Look on ebay at item number - 170238881148 - now that is neat I could use the fans and extra usb ports.

Comment

Mine Explorer is an '03. The installer quoted me a little over $300 for a no-drill Jotto Desk.

My computer can sit on the passenge rseat a LONG time beforeI shell out theat much money personaly. Esp when I should get one in the next budget.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Laptop mount

oops. Was supposed to be a PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the money. We are getting budget hits on othe areas. You need to tell your dept' that an unsecured loose laptop sitting in a passenger seat becomes a thing called a "projectile" during a major car crash.

Comment

not to mention that ANY sort of collision is gonna destroy that thing
                          Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

I found out which mounts they are using, they are jotto desk. Model # 425-5345, they run around 340.00 from their web site, but you should look around I'm sure you could find one cheaper, possibly used from another dept. Also PM sent.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4826 users online. 270 members and 4556 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X