Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD art/photo - Foot Patrol (11 x 17)

Like me, you may have seen the picture below floating around social media over the last few years. It was taken by a former NYPD officer turned photojournalist and it resonated so deeply with me that I went looking for a way to purchase a print of it. In doing so, I got in touch directly with the artist and I put in a bulk order of a dozen 11x17 prints, which I have a few left of. The printing was done by hand on fine art luster paper, and the prints come with a certificate of authenticity signed by him. I’ve included a short bio of the artist below along with a short write up on the project. If you are interested, please let me know and we can go from there.

$200USD each + shipping

***Price does not include framing or shipping***

——————————

Antonio Bolfo’s path to photography was unconventional. After formally training and working as a video game designer, Bolfo joined the New York Police Department, where he was assigned to a domestic unit in the South Bronx. To cope with the emotional pressures of his job, Bolfo turned to photography, documenting his experiences at work. Photography “started to feel more important and useful, and it was a fusion of everything that I had come to love,” Bolfo has said.

His photographs reveal the sometimes-traumatic nature of police work in fraught neighborhoods, recording everything from arrests to informal street interactions and officers trying to unwind on breaks. Bolfo ultimately left police work to pursue photojournalism. After joining Getty Images, Bolfo went on to capture images of poverty in Haiti, the war in Syria, Vietnam, and American political figures.

Operation IMPACT is an NYPD program that takes the youngest, most untested officers in the department and ships them to the most violent and dangerous neighborhoods of New York City for a full-scale plunge into "The Job."

Part field training, part trial by fire, these officers confront some of the most vicious criminals in the country on a daily basis. This photography project follows one IMPACT unit consisting of 30 rookies assigned to housing projects in the South Bronx, one of the poorest and most notorious neighborhoods in America. They are supervised by newly-appointed rookie sergeants, who have at least 5 years of experience as police officers themselves.
    But with the current economic crisis forcing the NYPD to slash overall budgets - resulting in dwindling resources - IMPACT has been forced to recycle these demoralized officers, extending the remaining policemen in the unit indefinitely.

Because advancement is usually possible only after an IMPACT stint is finished, this situation further deteriorates already low morale.
    Despite this, the brass at IMPACT have demanded an increase in arrests, asking discouraged officers to do more with less. Regardless of their raw status and conflicting responsibilities, these rookie officers have caused crime to plummet to record lows, leading the precinct with arrests and summonses. Many criminologists directly attribute Operation IMPACT to New York City's 21st century revival. But the focus on arrests comes at a price: sacrificing community policing, which leads to a tense relationship between the neighborhood's beleaguered residents and the overstrained cops.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by queensjockey; 09-28-2018, 05:49 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4706 users online. 260 members and 4446 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X