300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Loan for testing: flashlights

If anyone is interested in up-grading their flashlights, but would like to try out a light while on duty before putting money down on one, I am willing to LOAN any of my following lights:

Dorcy 2 D 9" Wands (LED)
    Operation: Hand-held, or stand handle-down in a traffic cone top, or in a tripod stand, for traffic control.
    Power: Alkaline batteries.
    Switch: Side button.

Goncz E3 (LED)
    Power: 1 AW 18650 2200 mAh 3.7 volt protected unregulated Li-ion cells.
    Switch: Tail-cap.

Goncz M3 (Incandescent)
    Power: 3 Li-Ion 16340 750mAh 3.7 volt protected unregulated Li-ion cells.
    Switch: Tail-cap.

LED Logic Striker VG (LED)
    Operation:
    - momentary-on: depress and hold the button, and release to shut off;
    - locked-on full brightness: depress and release the button twice, then depress and release the button to shut off;
    - locked-on dim: depress and release the button once, immediately depressing the button again and holding until it dims, and release the button, then depress and release the button to shut off;
    - locked-on strobe mode: depress and release the button twice quickly, then depress and release the button to shut off.
    Power: 2 Powerizer orange and white RCR123A 680 mAh 3.0 volt protected unregulated Li-ion cells.
    Switch: Side button.

Maglite 2 C (Incandescent)
    Modifications: Potted Carley 809 bulb.
    Power: 3 Powerizer blue and white RCR123A 650 mAh 3.6 volt protected unregulated Li-ion cells.

Maglite 2 C (Incandescent)
    Modifications: KPR118 7.2 volt krypton bulb and MOP Cammed reflector.
    Power: 2 LIR18500 1300 mAh 3.6 volt protected unregulated Li-ion cells.

Maglite 3 C (Incandescent)
    Modifications: Borofloat lens, HS Camless reflector and Potted Carley 809 bulb.
    Power: 3 Li-Ion 18500 1500 mAh 3.7 volt protected unregulated Li-ion cells.

Pila GL3 (Incandescent)
    Modifications: Lumens Factory EO-9 380 lumens lamp assembly.
    Power: 2 Pila 300P 1400 mAh 3.7 volt protected unregulated Li-ion cells.
    Switch: Wolf-Eyes 9 volt True clicky tail-cap.

Wolf-Eyes M90 (Incandescent)
    Power: 4 Powerizer blue and white RCR123A 680 mAh 3.0 volt protected unregulated Li-ion cells.
    Switch: True clicky tail-cap.

Rules:
    - you must eMail me, preferrably from your work eMail account, but if you do not have a work eMail account then from your home eMail account, with your Officer.com forum alias, real name, rank and Agency contact information (name, address, main phone number, fax number, Agency address) to ([email protected]) so I can confirm who you are (I have free long-distance calling in North America from my home phone);
    - if you have sent me an eMail from your work account, I will eMail you back from my work eMail account with my Agency contact information, so you can confirm who I am, and will also include WordPad Adobe attachments with flashlights and parts information that I have put together for myself;
    - you tell me which light you would like to try out;
    - I will send the one light, cells and charger to your Agency address, marked for your attention the least expensive and uninsured way possible;
    - delivery time is usually 14 days either here to the USA or vice-versa;
    - you can keep the light, cells and charger for 7 days, or at least 2 shifts where you work between 16:00 and 08:00;
    - if the parcel arrives during a period where you are on duty 08:00 - 16:00 mostly, or on a long stretch of days off, we can negotiate the length of stay by eMail;
    - the light, cells and charger are always considered to belong to me;
    - you will NOT use the light, cells and charger to strike any person, animal or other object, either by throwing the light at them/it, or while the light is in your hand, and would HAVE to replace any such item so damaged, either by buying and sending me a new light, cells or charger, or sending me the funds so I can purchase it/them myself;
    - you MAY try the cells in one of your own flashlights, or other electronic devices, that these cells MIGHT fit in, but you are responsible for ANY damage these cells cause to your flashlights or electronic devices and ANY damage caused to the cells or charger, per above;
    - you HAVE to be careful when using any of these lights, as they are EXTREMELY bright and can generate a LOT of heat;
    - you mail the light, cells and charger back to me the least expensive and uninsured way possible, along with some gear that you no longer use to compensate me for sending the light, cells and charger to you;
    - - such gear could be an OC spray canister holster, single or double handcuff pouch, ASP baton scabbard, search/surgical glove pouch, double-mag pouch (to fit a 15 round 9 mm mag), single mag/knife/tool pouch (same mag size), cell phone pouch, preferrably black basketweave leather, ballistic nylon construction or kydex/hard plastic, or a departmental t-shirt or ball cap;
    - you and I will both show the value-for-duty as "$7.50 US" and "gift" on our respective Customs declaration forms.

I am not a manufacturer, wholesaler or retailer sales representative. I have over 31 years of field experience as a uniformed general duties and traffic investigator. I have always been interested in having good illumination tools available to me, as I have worked a LOT of night shifts, including being called-out while "voluntarily" being on-call during "quiet hours". I have built up the above collection in the last few years, and have acquired some of them as the result of conducting field tests for companies or retailers. I frequently loan these lights out to my partners so they can try them out to see what advancements have been made in flashlights.

This offer to loan out these lights is NOT to induce you to buy any of them, but to give you an idea of what is out there beyond the traditional duty lights, as well as to see what can be done to improve the output of traditional duty lights. You can review the information files that I will send you at your leisure to do your own research into these items, their manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers, and you can either contact them direct yourself, or I can assist you to buy these items if you prefer.
    Last edited by PeteBroccolo; 04-09-2007, 04:13 PM.
    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
    "Smile" - no!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2668 users online. 140 members and 2528 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X