300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevrolet Impala Cages/Partitions

I recently started work with a probation department that is transporting prisoners in Impalas that do NOT have cages/partitions in them. I'm looking for information on a department that might have a surplus that they would be willing to donate to my small department. Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to community corrections, not sure how things are in your jurisdiction... but it can be a fun field.

If you're handy, you can probably make cages from a few different vehicle makes/models work. If you're not handy, bring some donuts by county fleet and chat with the folks about doing the install. A past agency I worked for was way into buying jeeps (it was a rural county...) and the guys at fleet were pretty handy at "adjusting" cages from retired crown vics to fit.

I'm happy to say that I'm working for a larger agency that almost exclusively runs crown vics with lights and cages. No need for sirens (no code parole runs), but lights are nice to have.
    RIP EPD Kilcullen EOW April 22nd, 2011

The wicked flee when no man pursueth but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

Comment

Thanks OR213. Fleet Services is who I was going to try to talk into installing the cages if I could find any. Isn't it funny that when you're looking for something you can never find it - but 6 months ago I can remember seeing people posting their departments had surplus/old cages for sale cheap!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3987 users online. 252 members and 3735 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X