300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a dash cam

Hey guys, my new dept doesn't have dash cams since we don't have the budget for it. They got us a lapel cam to share but all of us hate it because it doesn't work that well. I am wanting to get a dash cam for my shared car, but since it will be out of my own pocket, the cheaper the better. Or, if a dept is willing to donate one to us, I can send an offical request on letter head, etc. Doesn't have to be the best, just has to work.
    Originally posted by Ceridwen
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Dont really have one to sell or give, but just my advice..dont get one made by Kustom. Thats what we have and everyone has problems with theirs. The one I have for about a year and a half, and out of that 1 1/2 year its only worked for about 20 hours record time. The rest of the time it just does whatever it wants which is usually not record.

Comment

We have some old ones that record onto VCR tape...I can see if they're willing to part with them if you're interested?
      Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
      Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

UnivPD: thanks for the info. I have used Kustom's radars but enver the cam system.

Blizz, that would be great! I had a moble vision system at my old dept and didn't mind it at all. Let me know what you need me to do on my end and I will get on it.

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
          UnivPD: thanks for the info. I have used Kustom's radars but enver the cam system.

Blizz, that would be great! I had a moble vision system at my old dept and didn't mind it at all. Let me know what you need me to do on my end and I will get on it.
          I will be back at work Saturday night..let me make the inquiry then. I will probably just need a request from your PD email to mine and can work something out. Let me check and I'll PM you.
          Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
          Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Get a MUVI

Look it up on Amazon. Much better than a dash cam.
            This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Originally posted by ummone View Post
              Get a MUVI

Look it up on Amazon. Much better than a dash cam.
              We have a Scorpion, which is the same thing. Our biggest problems with it is you a) have to remember to turn it on b) doesn't catch the passengers or surrounding area, c) can get knocked off in a scuffle, and d) people sometimes forget to take it off so they have it at home for 2-3 days. Ideally, we would all be issued a micro cam and the cars would still have dash cam's, but if we lived in an ideal world, we wouldn't need cops.

Comment

http://www.10-8video.com/about-us.shtml

10-8 Video is a cop owned company started by a friend, to bring high tech, up-to-the minute equipment to smaller departments that are ignored by the "big boys".
                Great equipment at prices small departments and individuals can afford.
                PM me and I can get you in touch with the owner, and check the link above!
                SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

i have one VHS and maybe able to get another one i gave to a department and they are not using it give my office a call 308-636-2288 just switched over to watch guard

Comment

Originally posted by jh9871 View Post
                    i have one VHS and maybe able to get another one i gave to a department and they are not using it give my office a call 308-636-2288 just switched over to watch guard
                    Can you pm me with who to contact there?

Comment

Another concern with those cheap wearable systems is that they have no chain of custody protection so the evidence can be contested in court more easily.

If it's of interest, the FirstVu currently has a $200 off sale going on, and if you're just wanting to mount it in your vehicle instead of wearing it, we just added a wireless mic for it.
                      Michael
                      Digital Ally - Advanced Video & LIDAR Speed Enforcement Products

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
                        We have a Scorpion, which is the same thing. Our biggest problems with it is you a) have to remember to turn it on b) doesn't catch the passengers or surrounding area, c) can get knocked off in a scuffle, and d) people sometimes forget to take it off so they have it at home for 2-3 days. Ideally, we would all be issued a micro cam and the cars would still have dash cam's, but if we lived in an ideal world, we wouldn't need cops.
                        We have dash, vidmic (SP?) , and the MUVI....we prefer the MUVI. I don't turn on the vidmic anymore. the dash cam is automatic when my red/blues are activated.
                        This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Hey just ask for the Sheriff its a Two man department man and i have notified the deputy so if he is working he will know what is gong on

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5751 users online. 338 members and 5413 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X