Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• push up - elbow pain

Hey,
    Ive noticed some pain in my left elbow when doing pushups lately. Seems like its in my tendon, wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has any tips to fix it

Thanks

ibuprofen for pain and swelling... heat to loosen the area up, and isolate the movement in the joint so that you're not torquing in any weird directions. Take it slow and when it starts to hurt, its time to stop. apply heat and do the ibuprofen thing after the workout.
    Serving Since "Breakfast"

Comment

I had a similiar problem with my right elbow. Believe it or not the thing that made it quit hurting me was simply doing more pushups. It used to be my elbow would start almost grinding after 25 or 30 pushups. Now I can do well over that without it hurting. I got some of the pushup handles and it seemed to alleviate some of the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by challenger1 View Post
        I had a similiar problem with my right elbow. Believe it or not the thing that made it quit hurting me was simply doing more pushups. It used to be my elbow would start almost grinding after 25 or 30 pushups. Now I can do well over that without it hurting. I got some of the pushup handles and it seemed to alleviate some of the pain.
        Interesting. I cant decide whether to just push through it, or give it a rest. Ah!

Comment

Push through it will only make it worse. Bad pain in your body is asking for a break. You can only define bad pain from good work out pain. Rest up and if it hurts after a few weeks of relaxation go see your doctor and ask for a cortizone shot.
          You should feel relief now!!

Comment

i seen in your personals that you are a student but i think alot of us would be able to help you better if we knew how old you are. pain in a 20 yr old is alot different than in a 40 yr old, it may be the difference of your body isnt adjusted to a new workout program or you may need to see a Dr. about your situation.
            In god i trust everyone else gets run on NCIC

Comment

There are a plethora of different reasons for elbow pain. It's not as easy to isolate as several of the more common exercise-related injuries and ailments are.

You need to look at your pushup form. You need to consider the rest of your workout routine. I'd suggest consulting with a trainer and/or a sports physiologist. If you don't get anywhere form there, or if it gets worse, consult with a physician.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5304 users online. 293 members and 5011 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X