Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great website for pushups

Hey all,

i know i'm a rook here so hopefully this is accepted well. I am starting my academy in less than two weeks (the 18th) and have been following the Hundred Pushup Website for the last two weeks. I have found I can do more pushups in a row due to the staggered style training. If anyone is interested in it, its hundredpushups.com

Thanks, and Stay Safe out there!
    Serving Since "Breakfast"

I also tried this training style & was very impressed with the results.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

A friend and I are about to complete week 2. I have been impressed so far!

Comment

Me also. I do the third on saturday morning and then i'll be in week three. When the academy starts i'll be right at the beginning of week 4 (aug 18th) so that should be a good head start. i probably wont continue it during the academy since they'll be making us work out there anyway. i hope it helps you guys out.

Comment

seems pretty solid. Will have to start this tomorrow
          Alf

Comment

Thanks for that link!

Comment

not a problem! Hope it helps out! I'm going into week three and i can certainly tell an increase in strength and endurance for pushups.

Comment

Thanks! Im starting this monday...

Comment

awesome! Maybe we can all keep up with results...

Comment

I saw this today and started it today. Wish they had something like this for situps.

Comment

Started yesterday, I'm excited to see the results as I will hopefully be in the academy in about a month and a half.

Comment

i'm actively searching for a situp program. I just completed week 2 of this pushup program and i will take the test to see where i go for week three in a couple days. right now, its off to the beach i go!

...i'm not looking forward to running on the beach!

Comment

Sit-up training plan I found:
                          http://www.navy-prt.com/trainingsitup.html
                          Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Guzman View Post
                            i'm actively searching for a situp program.

The January, 2003 issue of The Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy reports a study conducted by the Army found using the "Modified Kersey Method" significantly impoved sit-up performance.

The Modified Kersey Method:
                            1. Initially, perform 3 sets at 50% of the pretraining 2-minute sit-up test score.
                            2. Once able to complete all repetitions for all 3 sets, add a 4th set.
                            3. Once able to complete all repetitions for all 4 sets, return to performing 3 sets but at 75% of the pretraining 2-minute sit-up test score.
                            4. Again, once able to complete all repetitions for all 3 sets, add a 4th set.
                            5. Once able to complete all repetitions for all 4 sets, return to performing 3 sets but at 90% of the pretraining 2-minute sit-up test score.

The Modified Kersey Method was developed and used by the late Colonel Douglas Kersey, a former US Army physical therapist. Kersey's original method was used to improve performance in exercises requiring a combination of strength and endurance (sit-ups, push-ups) and extended the number of sets to 6, whereas this study utilized a maximum of 4 sets before progressing the intensity.

Army Physical Fitness Test

Comment

I am in...screwed up shoulder and all!

I'll start on Monday and post back. Thanks for the links all!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2969 users online. 156 members and 2813 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X