300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salads at fast food joints

I am trying to start eating better. Which fast food place makes the best salad? I would prefer to go to Panera (GREAT greek salad, plus a good hook up) but the squad gets tired of going to the same places all the time. SO, which place has the best salad, and of those places what type is the best tasting/healthiest to eat? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to loose the weight I put back on in the three years since the academy.

Originally posted by L223 View Post
    I am trying to start eating better. Which fast food place makes the best salad? I would prefer to go to Panera (GREAT greek salad, plus a good hook up) but the squad gets tired of going to the same places all the time. SO, which place has the best salad, and of those places what type is the best tasting/healthiest to eat? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to loose the weight I put back on in the three years since the academy.
    I've had and enjoyed two of the salads at McD's; the southwest and the bacon ranch. Both are available with a grilled chicken breast which was very flavorful. They also use several varieties of lettuce. I think they run under $4 in these parts. They are probably more low-carb than low-cal.
    Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

If you have a Fresh Choice, they're really good buffet style build your own salad deal. Plus you prepare your meal, not the drug addled cousin of the drunk you hooked up last week who wants to fart on your zucchinis.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        If you have a Fresh Choice, they're really good buffet style build your own salad deal. Plus you prepare your meal, not the drug addled cousin of the drunk you hooked up last week who wants to fart on your zucchinis.
        ...Now THAT was funny!

Comment

Subway has some good salads, and if you want something besides a salad they have some really healthy subs. Of course if your partner wants something chuck'd full o' cholesterol, I recommend a "pizza sub" (pepperoni and mozerella cheese with marinara sauce... mmmm...)
          Oh, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it... or, learn from it!

Comment

Just go into a local supermarket store and by a bag of tossed salad, cut a hole in it, and eat with your hand right out of the bag.

That's what I do, keeps my hands clean, I don't put in unhealthy, fattening dressings, cheaper and you don't have to dedicate additional time to eating a salad.

Comment

Gotta watch out for Panera. If you eat an entire Greek salad, you're looking at:
              440 calories
              40 grams of fat / 8 grams of saturated fat
              1380 grams of sodium

That's about 62% of your RDA of fat, 40% RDA saturated fat, and 58% RDA sodium. A lot of that crap is in the cheese and the dressing. Make sure you balance that against the rest of your meals throughout the day.

Comment

+1 what hxd said.

Wendy's has a few salads on their menu too... You have to be careful with too much cheese and dressing on ANY salad... Make sure you dip your food in the dressing instead of pouring the dressing on, you are sure to eat a lot less of it. It is amazing how many calories are in a tiny container of dressing.

You can eat relatively healthy at fast food places, you just have to know what you are looking for...

Comment

Many fast food salads put the worst sandwiches on the menu to shame when comparing carbs, calories, fat etc...Most places have their nutrition information online so it can be easily researched prior to ordering it.

Comment

Seeing that you're from Maryland you may not enjoy the presence of Sonic Drive-Ins up there. They make a couple of really good salads including the popcorn chicken and the grilled chicken (sante fe?). Arby's also has a pretty good salad.

Obviously, deep fried popcorn chicken isn't that healthy, but it's so tastey.

Comment

If you're serious about losing weight, quit looking at fast-food joints for health food. Pack your own food. For salads, pre-packaged grilled chicken strips are pretty good, they make steak strips too. I've lost a lot by just bringing my own meals. Going out everyday with your squad will bite you in butt (which will be huge) in the end. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I may start packing lunch again like I did in the academy, I will save some money too. Cant go to arby's, we locked everybody up who works at the arby's in my sector.

Comment

Well, on graveyard we don't have that great of a selection. I usually stop by one of the local 24 hour pubs/bars for breakfast once or twice a week. The other nights, I just goto a 24 hour Smiths (grocery store / supermarket). They actually have some pretty good (tasting and healthy) salads and sandwiches from anywhere around $2 - $4. Plus you don't have to worry about who's making the food, knowing that they know who they are making it for.....
                          The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by MRRBEST View Post
                            ...plus you don't have to worry about who's making the food, knowing that they know who they are making it for.....
                            Ya know, I have read that several times in various areas, and it STILL kills me that someone would do that. I'm not saying I find in unbelieveable, but I suppose I just dont understand the morons mindset sometimes...

Almost my whole family lives in Vegas, and I remember Smiths and their deli stuff..it was good!

And good Lord do I miss Sonic Drive In's!

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I may start packing lunch again like I did in the academy, I will save some money too. Cant go to arby's, we locked everybody up who works at the arby's in my sector.
                              Sounds like an El Chico I know.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6251 users online. 343 members and 5908 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X