300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are running two a days a real help

Say if I run in the a.m and want to run the p.m, would there be any added benefit?

What are you attempting to acheive?

What if on one set you did distance vs time, and did sprints or interval training on the other set?

I would almost think you might be over training, but I don't know your situation.

Comment

I started running in 1977 for my military career and have cont. running all these years. The question asked was a good one, *"whats your goal?" I always recommend a combination of distance training and sprinting. For total fitness and for stamina, you have to have some resistance(weight) training.

iF you run regularly, make absolutely certain that you are running properly and your foot position is correct in your shoes. This has to do wth whether you are pronated(flat footed, etc) and having proper support with your feet. If not, you WILL dev.hee spurs and several other painful conditions that are preventable and believe me, you do not want these.

I suggest you run once a day and add other training to your routine. For the running, I suggest doing some intervals and sprinting along with your distance work. Finally, IF you really want to improve your times, run with people who are FASTER and enter some races. If you want to improve at something, compete.

Comment

Originally posted by cueball06 View Post

I suggest you run once a day and add other training to your routine. For the running, I suggest doing some intervals and sprinting along with your distance work. Finally, IF you really want to improve your times, run with people who are FASTER and enter some races. If you want to improve at something, compete.
        +1. Running twice a day *might* help with your cardio or endurance, if that is your goal. Otherwise I would run in the morning and try a different type in the evening, like swimming, yoga, biking, or martial arts.
        Oh, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it... or, learn from it!

Comment

The definitive answer is "it depends". Are you splitting your running due to time constraints or are you going all out both times?
          Running twice a day will not necessarily "double" the benefit of your cardio, and it won't halve the time needed to reach a certain time on a mile and a half run. Recovery is an important part of the process and you can only skimp on it for so long before you start doing yourself more harm than good.
          I would stick to once a day for the cardio with a rest day thrown in at least twice a week. The day before a rest day is a good time to do some intervals or other intense workouts.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I just need to shave 1min and 52 sec off my running time. In say two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaCounty View Post
              I just need to shave 1min and 52 sec off my running time. In say two weeks.

What is the distance?

Comment

a mile. In 10 mins

Comment

Sprinting is definetly something you'll want to do. Every other day try just one 20 min. session of nothing but sprints followed by a light jog. Sprints are a great way to improve your long distance. This was our training back in the day for basketball and it cut my mile down from 7 min. to 6 flat. That's a better ratio than from 11 to 10 so give it a try.

Comment

I had to take the last three days off from running due to VERY VERY (did I say VERY?) sore calves.

Please be carefull and remember to stretch...alot!
                    Last edited by shadow_otw; 07-28-2008, 10:51 AM. Reason: too quick on the post button!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5000 users online. 273 members and 4727 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X