300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested foods for a picky eater?

Anyone got suggestions, I eat like 10 things, and I'm starting to go to a Gym, I need to eat a little healthier and get some protein, I eat Burgers, Hotdogs, Pizza, pasta/spaghetti, and a few other things, anyone have foods they would like to share that if you like this, you'll probably like that?

I know how you feel. My problem with eating healthy has always been that I am a very, very picky eater. There is a very short list of foods that I will eat, and not many things on that list are healthy!

Comment

Lean Cuisines. Check 'em out. Many of them are very tasty.

JM, I LOVE your avatar, btw (joker).
      1*

Comment

Yah but Lean Cuisines don't fill you up unless you eat 2 of them.

And thank you I think it fits me!

Comment

Originally posted by JMTX View Post
          Yah but Lean Cuisines don't fill you up unless you eat 2 of them.

And thank you I think it fits me!
          They fill me up.... sometimes, if they don't, I'll eat a tablespoon-full of peanut butter and that'll hold me over.

Yes, I think your avatar fits you..... but I refuse to ponder what the real reasons behind your choosing it. I know you went and saw that movie.... I can only imagine how you related to Ledger's Joker. lol.
          1*

Comment

Haha...Chit, my friend, you are so very perceptive

The Lean Cuisines ARE tasty. Just not enough food. I hate to eat and then feel hungry afterwards...

Comment

^Have you ever tried the Paninis (sandwiches)? They're pretty big. Well, not compared to a large Arby's RB sandwich (DROOOLING!), but still.... a decent size.
              1*

Comment

Yah they're good...but not filling compared to, say, a foot-long subway sandwich.

Comment

^^ +1 Very true!

BUT... what *KIND* of foot-long?? If you get wheat bread, turkey-breast, spinach, some vinegar (leave out the cheese/mayo, etc...), then you're doing pretty damn good!

However, if you get the works on an all-meat-esque sandwhich, then you're basically just throwing health out the window in terms of eating healthy.

JM, for 4 years, my menu consisted of BK, McD's, DQ, and Arby's. That's how I got to be over 300 lbs. If I could do it without gaining the weight and dying young, I would eat a large roast beef sandwich with a extra-large curley fries and a large coke EVERY FOOKIN' DAY!! Hell, maybe twice a day! Unfortunately, as good as it sounds, it makes me sicker than a dog these days (tried the sandwich last week before I had to fast for my physical).
                  Last edited by Chit2001; 07-19-2008, 05:57 PM.
                  1*

Comment

Haha...like I said, I don't like healthy food.

If you get wheat bread, turkey-breast, spinach, some vinegar (leave out the cheese/mayo, etc...),
                    Eww. Why don't I just eat a turd instead, it sounds about as appealing. I don't eat at subway to be healthy. I eat there because they make a couple of sandwiches that taste REALLY good.

My two subway sandwiches:

Foot long meatball with mozarella on Italian herb&cheese with ranch

or

Foot Long Cold-cut combo with Cheddar cheese on Italian Herb&cheese, extra, extra mayo. (A sandwich that isn't drowned in mayo tastes like crap to me...)

See this is what's hard for some of us. Even if I eat a large quantity of it, healthy food still feels like a punishment. It's like sex without kink...it fulfills the basic need enough that I can SURVIVE but I still walk away unfulfilled, craving, and just that much more likely to binge next time.

Healthy food just doesn't *taste* good.

And that my dear, is why I'm fat. I exercise tons...but I refuse to eat food that makes me feel miserable and unsatisfied.

I think this is a great thread though...the fact that healthy food simply isn't appetizing is a HUGE reason why so many people struggle with their weight.

Comment

JMTX, never ever thought I'd say this, but I know just how you feel and am pretty much the same way, yeah I've had Lean Cuisine, they're alright.. pannini's? I don't like em' because they've got cheese in them, I only like meatball subs, and I emphasize meatball, because I don't like anything on it, maybe sprinkled Parmesan cheese. I occasionally will have something like part of a block of Parmesan cheese, or at the grocery store, they've got these new things I like that just have little cubed Parmesan in them.

Thanks Chit and JMTX for the info, I'll check into all of that

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                        Anyone got suggestions, I eat like 10 things, and I'm starting to go to a Gym, I need to eat a little healthier and get some protein, I eat Burgers, Hotdogs, Pizza, pasta/spaghetti, and a few other things, anyone have foods they would like to share that if you like this, you'll probably like that?
                        Why not take the things you like and try to get the most out of it, nutritionally speaking?

For instance, pay extra and get good quality ground beef or bison or use ground turkey for your burgers. Have them on a whole wheat bun with fresh lettuce, onions and tomatoes. Add some low-fat cheese, if you like or even some turkey bacon.

They make good quality hotdogs too; ones which don't have nitrates or are made from lower fat meats. Again, have them on whole wheat buns. You could add some low-fat chili and cheese.

You can make great whole wheat pizza dough from scratch very easily. get some low-fat meats or make a veggie pizza with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, peppers and artichoke hearts.

Again, they make great whole wheat pasta and you really can't tell it's whole wheat. It fills you up faster. Experiment with different sauces; there's marinara (red), alfredo (white and made with cheese) and green (pesto, which is basil, oil, and toasted pine nuts).

As side dishes think in terms of nutritional powerhouses such as broccoli (I sometimes eat mine with mayo but butter is good, too), cauliflower, brussel and sprouts.
                        Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                          So the items you listed above are the only 10 select things you eat everyday?

Is there anything other than Burgers, Pizza, Hotdogs, pasta? i.e. what do you like so when can try to help, instead of guessing?

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Barkalot thanks a lot! I'll look into all that stuff too. Thanks.

Umm, lets see here, I like meatball subs, I like ham sandwiches on kaiser rolls.. shoot, thats probably it

Comment

Originally posted by JMTX View Post
                              Haha...like I said, I don't like healthy food.

Eww. Why don't I just eat a turd instead, it sounds about as appealing. I don't eat at subway to be healthy. I eat there because they make a couple of sandwiches that taste REALLY good.

My two subway sandwiches:

Foot long meatball with mozarella on Italian herb&cheese with ranch

or

Foot Long Cold-cut combo with Cheddar cheese on Italian Herb&cheese, extra, extra mayo. (A sandwich that isn't drowned in mayo tastes like crap to me...)

See this is what's hard for some of us. Even if I eat a large quantity of it, healthy food still feels like a punishment. It's like sex without kink...it fulfills the basic need enough that I can SURVIVE but I still walk away unfulfilled, craving, and just that much more likely to binge next time.

Healthy food just doesn't *taste* good.

And that my dear, is why I'm fat. I exercise tons...but I refuse to eat food that makes me feel miserable and unsatisfied.

I think this is a great thread though...the fact that healthy food simply isn't appetizing is a HUGE reason why so many people struggle with their weight.

It's called willpower. You're right, health food isn't particularly appetizing. That's because those "tasty" ingredients are fat and sugar. Decide what is more important to you and suck it up. If you decide you'd rather enjoy what you eat, then more power to you, have a Big Mac for me cause I would love to have one. However, I decided that maintaining my current body fat % is more important and thus I only really eat chicken breast, tuna, peanut butter, eggs, protein shakes, fish, wheat bread, bagels, whole grain pastas, and oatmeal.

LOL, I know, sometimes I feel like I don't even have a life

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4606 users online. 280 members and 4326 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X