300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAS protein shakes

Are these any good at all? Will they help me gain weight cuz i need it. im only 140 and want to get up to at least 170. if they dont help to gain weight, what would you recommend. im not gonna waste any more money on these stupid weight gainers that are just out to make a quick buck. any suggestions?

Originally posted by dducharme View Post
    Are these any good at all? Will they help me gain weight cuz i need it. im only 140 and want to get up to at least 170. if they dont help to gain weight, what would you recommend. im not gonna waste any more money on these stupid weight gainers that are just out to make a quick buck. any suggestions?
    Lift Hard, Eat protein and the "right " foods, develop a serious workout routine and stick with it. You body will have no choice to gain size, strength, and some weight

Comment

gaining weight is easy, just eat MORE. BUT, as niceguy said, do it the right way. I used EAS myoplex for a while, it's high in protein but only something like 250 calories. if you want to gain weight, drink a shake that's higher in calories. but, as I always say, check for what kinds of carbs are in it because many companies will just add a lot of sugar to bring the carb count up. while sugar is good post workout, you dont want to have it all the time. check out the thread milk vs water in shakes for more info on that. just looks around for a weight gainer or meal replacement shake, they are high calorie.

oh, and dont go to GNC.

Comment

You might think about what you mean by "gain weight." You just want to be heavier? Should that weight be muscle or fat? Once you decide what you want, act accordingly. The stuff you put down your throat is going to need some help if you are planning on putting on some muscle- you're going to have to go to the gym and work hard.

Comment

check out bodybuilding.com and look through the forums they have supplement reviews and such. There is alot of info out there and I like getting info from end users, not the company reps and advertisements. The highest priced stuff is generally hype and alot of times you can get a better product for a good price if you do a little research. I take a carb powder made of maltodextrin called Now Carbo gain to add to my regular shakes. That way I only have to buy one powder and when I need the carbs I can add them or not. It is alot cheaper than buying the gainers also considering the Carbo gain is about $12 bucks for 60 or so servings at 200 grams of complex carbs a piece.

Comment

Check out prosource.net also, they have the lowest prices that I have seen. You know that police don't make all that much, every penny counts...LOL

Comment

If you want to gain weight eat 2 peanut butter sandwhich before you go to bed everynight.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceGuy View Post
                Check out prosource.net also, they have the lowest prices that I have seen. You know that police don't make all that much, every penny counts...LOL
                Good site!

Just for sh*ts and giggles I compared prices with GNC.com... What a joke... Twice as much with some products...

Comment

also check out dpsnutrition.com very decent prices and good service

Comment

As for protein supplements, I've about tried them all and my preference is Optimum Nutrition for supplementing my protein intake. I'd recommend lean meats (chicken breast, salmon, catfish, lean steak) and complex carbs (sweet potatoes are my favorite) for bumping your calories up. You must consume more calories than you burn to gain weight. www.fitday.com is a good website for keeping track of your daily caloric intake

While we're recommending websites for researching information, I recommend the forum at www.ironaddicts.com for good articles, information, and discussion on all things nutrition/fitness/bodybuilding

I started lifting at 120lbs and was a bit over 200lbs when I stopped bodybuilding, so you CAN do it

Comment

wow a gallon of whole milk a day, thats crazyness.... but forsure would gain weight...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5291 users online. 283 members and 5008 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X