300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep apnea, anyone?

With some rather odd, but still healthy, heart rhythms recently discovered, my doctor asked me if I snored..."yeah, enough to drive my wife from the bedroom every so often."

So he writes out the prescription, and in two weeks I'm off to sleep at a testing facility to find out if I have sleep apnea.

Anyone else been down this particular road?
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Yeah, I had the sleep study about 6 weeks ago and met again with the Dr. just last week. I've always snored, but the apnea seems to be new in the last year or so. He said it was pretty severe. The lousy thing was, I wasn't able to sleep with the machine on and I really don't want surgery. I need to try the machine again but I'm on nights now and I haven't called about getting one yet.
    If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

I forgot to add, do a Google search and you'll find a discussion forum, much like this one, that will tell you pretty much what to expect from the sleep study.
      If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

i have sleep apnea... it sucks. it actually wakes me up sometime. I am able to sleep with the machine, but I'm having the surgery done just so i don't have to sleep with that damn machine. the surgery sucks, but it will be better for me in the long run. A Nurse at my Dr. Office said that sleep apnea is what killed former football star Reggie White. is that true?
        "...and that was the second time I had crabs."
        "Stinks like sex in here."

Comment

I have occasional apnea. I stop breathing, and burst awake, not able to draw in a breath. It generally happens when I went to bed very fatigued. Not just tired, but wiped out, and often not having had enough sleep for a couple nights. Nasty stuff.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5156 users online. 292 members and 4864 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X