Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I Need Help Getting Back Into Shape.
    Im Over Weight, And Not Going To Lye Overweight..just Be Maybe 30 Pounds..but I Need Something That Can Get Me Engery And Keep Me Doing The Excersice..im Working Midnoghts And My Dept Has A Pretty Cool Gym Area..im Just Not Sure What To Do And Where To Start.i Started Bench Pressing Again I Cut My Arm A Few Years Ago And Have Not Really Gotten My Strenght Back Inthat Arm, So Im Starting To Do That Now...
    Thanks
    --Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6--

"In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC"

I too am overweight and had a hard time being able to muster up the energy to work out after work. I now take NO-Xplode prior to my workout to give me energy and focus. I also switched my routine and enjoy my new routine much better and now enjoy going to the gym. Too bad I can't find a way to get into running.

That has worked for me but it may not give you the same results, others on here have much more experience and expertise than I but those are my thoughts. Make sure you research any supplement you may want to get before buying it. And the best advise I could give is STAY OUT OF GNC! buy online or vitamin shoppe also has decent prices.

Comment

Originally posted by cmv_5 View Post
      I Need Help Getting Back Into Shape.
      Im Over Weight, And Not Going To Lye Overweight..just Be Maybe 30 Pounds..but I Need Something That Can Get Me Engery And Keep Me Doing The Excersice..im Working Midnoghts
      How much are you sleeping? What are you eating?

And My Dept Has A Pretty Cool Gym Area..im Just Not Sure What To Do And Where To Start.
      What are you looking to do? Lose weight? Get stronger? Rehab an injury? Increase general fitness? Sport specific training?

I can guess the answers from your original post, but I don't want to guess wrong.

i Started Bench Pressing Again I Cut My Arm A Few Years Ago And Have Not Really Gotten My Strenght Back Inthat Arm, So Im Starting To Do That Now...
      Thanks
      What was the injury to your arm? Did the muscle get cut? What their tendon or ligament damage? How was it treated? Did you get physical therapy? Did they tell you anything to avoid?

Mark
      Mark
      Shaw JCC Karate Program website
      Shaw JCC Karate Program on myspace

Comment

Originally posted by utmatt View Post
        I too am overweight and had a hard time being able to muster up the energy to work out after work. I now take NO-Xplode prior to my workout to give me energy and focus.
        Cup of coffee might also do the trick. Supplements, IMNSHO, are a rip off.

I also switched my routine and enjoy my new routine much better and now enjoy going to the gym.
        Exercise you enjoy is a big help.

Too bad I can't find a way to get into running.
        What don't you like about running?

Also, there are other ways to increase cardio.

Make sure you research any supplement you may want to get before buying it. And the best advise I could give is STAY OUT OF GNC! buy online or vitamin shoppe also has decent prices.
        I agree about being really careful about supplements. The only ones I take are Vitamic C and a multi vitamin. Other than that I eat low fat, high fiber diet.

Mark
        Mark

Comment

Yes When I Cut My Arm The Muscle Did Get Cut, I Did Not Have Insurance, And Happened On Job, So Nothing Was Done.had Stiches And Thats All...i Want To Lose Weight..i Think I Want To Be Back To About 185
          Need To Get Strength Back..i Also Do Not Like Running..i Love To Swim..i Play Sports When Ever I Can..use To Be Every Week.
          Sleep..im On Midnights..and Go Home Take Kids To School And Wife To Work...sp Im Getting About 4-5 Hours A Day Sleep..
          I Have No-exploid..ive Had It Work Great Once ..all The Other Times It Just Passes Through Me...i Was On A Diet Pill In Missouri From Dr. And Worked Great...but Just Have Not Had The Extra 90 A Month For It Down Here In Texas...i Lost Weight And I Have Not Gained It Back And Ive Been Down Here For 8 Months Now..
          If I Could Find It Cheaper I Would Go Back On That..it Would Stop Me From Wanting To Eat..my Prob Is I Just Eat A Little Here And There..and Sometimes I Dont Even Eat..like When I Work I Usuallu Dont Eat...i Know Thats Wrong
          --Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6--

"In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC"

Comment

Originally posted by cmv_5 View Post
            Yes When I Cut My Arm The Muscle Did Get Cut, I Did Not Have Insurance, And Happened On Job, So Nothing Was Done.had Stiches And Thats All
            The effects of soft tissue injuries can end up something you have to deal with forever. Be careful because you got just a bit less muscle in there than before and your flexibility may decrease.

...i Want To Lose Weight..i Think I Want To Be Back To About 185
            Need To Get Strength Back..i Also Do Not Like Running..i Love To Swim..i Play Sports When Ever I Can..use To Be Every Week.

Sleep..im On Midnights..and Go Home Take Kids To School And Wife To Work...sp Im Getting About 4-5 Hours A Day Sleep..
            Losing weight is easy - eat less and do more.

Strength is easy too - lift stuff.

Problem is, managing the rest of your life while you make these changes. That's going to be tough. Changing whatever eating habits you've developed is going to be tough as well. The family responsibilities won't make it easier.

4-5 hours of sleep is going to make it really really tough. Do you need that little sleep or is that just the way life is?

Running. You might want to consider it. Its super efficient, really cheap and you don't need anywhere special to do it.

If you do have access to a pool, swimming is great. Its alot easier on the body than running.

I Have No-exploid..ive Had It Work Great Once ..all The Other Times It Just Passes Through Me...i Was On A Diet Pill In Missouri From Dr. And Worked Great...but Just Have Not Had The Extra 90 A Month For It Down Here In Texas...i Lost Weight And I Have Not Gained It Back And Ive Been Down Here For 8 Months Now..
            If I Could Find It Cheaper I Would Go Back On That..
            Frankly, I think you'd be better off saving the money on diet pills/supplements and spending it on membership to some place you can swim since you don't like to run.

it Would Stop Me From Wanting To Eat..my Prob Is I Just Eat A Little Here And There..and Sometimes I Dont Even Eat..like When I Work I Usuallu Dont Eat...i Know Thats Wrong
            Eating in little bits all day ain't a bad idea - as long as you are eating real food and not junk. I've been able to maintain my weight by eating 4-5 small meals a day.

If you are like most people, you probably aren't drinking enough water either.

Lack of sleep and slight dehydration could make working out even harder than it already is.

So, are you able to get to the gym enough?

Energy? Regular meals. What are you eating when you do eat?

Sleep? Any chance to get more or is 4-5 hours as good as its gonna get?

Mark
            Mark

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2960 users online. 139 members and 2821 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X