300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to Bulk Up

Whats up. I need to bulk up. I am 6 foot tall, 155 all skin and bones. I want any and all advice on supplements (protein, etc.), work out plans, and any other advice. Thanks in advance

-Jake

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=311west2

This'll do well for you.
    "Let him who desires peace prepare for war"
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum - Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."
    1 Corinthians 9:26-27

Comment

Workouts--- HST or 5x5 by Bill Starr--both are great for building mass

Eating-- Eat everything you can get down, worry about losing any fat gained later.. You will add some while bulking

Supplements-- Multi, Vitamin C 3-4 grams daily, protein powder for pre- and post workout shake

Get plenty of sleep

Grow!

Comment

Here is what I always recommend because I've seen it work for several people: Body for Life

Comment

Food, lots of it, make complex carbs your staple followed by protein. Buy an old book called Sliced...it's got a great mass diet.
          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I'll second the Bill Starr 5 x 5 program. For a complete outline type in "Madcow" and "5 x 5". He has descriptions of everthing and some templates.
            "Let him who desires peace prepare for war"
            Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum - Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."
            1 Corinthians 9:26-27

Comment

I feel your pain. At the moment I'm 13 and 5'10" and like 125. I have some definition in my arms and I'm reasonably strong but I need to bulk up a LOT. Not real complicated but force yourself to do as many push-ups (touching chest to the floor) as you can when you're not doing anything. Maybe do 10 every time you leave a room, it strengthens your arms pretty quickly and you get a little cut. Same goes for random sit-ups.

Edit: I see a lot of people recommend eating as much as possible, which I do. I eat like a horse and have absolutely never gotten even a little bigger. I just have a lightning-fast metabolism because I am constantly eating.

Comment

Third Bill Starr 5 + 5

Comment

Third Bill Starr 5 * 5

Comment

I'm going to assume that you are still in HS. So lets take your age into consideration. Your metabolism is keeping your weight off. You should feel lucky. Eventually you will put on weight. But make it healthy muscle mass.
                    DO NOT eat what ever you can force down. Eat healthy. Six well balanced meals/snacks. Do not over do it with protein shakes. Your body won't handle it. Take one after a workout. As far as workouts go, there are many fitness magazines and websites to help you develope a strength and conditioning program. Just remember that while working hard is important, proper rest is just as important. Overtraining is one of the biggest stubling blocks. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by wyandotteexp13 View Post
                      Whats up. I need to bulk up. I am 6 foot tall, 155 all skin and bones. I want any and all advice on supplements (protein, etc.), work out plans, and any other advice. Thanks in advance

-Jake
                      Focus on starting a weight training program and maintaining it. Major amounts of muscle mass is gained over the "years", not in months.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by mda View Post
                        I'm going to assume that you are still in HS. So lets take your age into consideration. Your metabolism is keeping your weight off. You should feel lucky. Eventually you will put on weight. But make it healthy muscle mass.
                        DO NOT eat what ever you can force down. Eat healthy. Six well balanced meals/snacks. Do not over do it with protein shakes. Your body won't handle it. Take one after a workout. As far as workouts go, there are many fitness magazines and websites to help you develope a strength and conditioning program. Just remember that while working hard is important, proper rest is just as important. Overtraining is one of the biggest stubling blocks. Good luck.
                        Please dont do the workouts in "fitness magazines", they are mostly garbage and the 5x5 or HST is much better.. Remember those guys(Pros) probably dont even do the routine they say, plus they are taking loads of steroids and they pros for a reason..they have freakish genetics..

Also as far as eating.. Eat as much as you can if you're trying to gain weight.. I dont mean fast food and junk, I mean lots of quality food--brown rice, wheat breads, chicken, tuna, steak, veggies, fruits..etc.. And some fast food isnt that bad..
                        Last edited by FutureLE; 06-17-2007, 06:39 PM. Reason: ---

Comment

Originally posted by superkoopa View Post
                          I feel your pain. At the moment I'm 13 and 5'10" and like 125. I have some definition in my arms and I'm reasonably strong but I need to bulk up a LOT. Not real complicated but force yourself to do as many push-ups (touching chest to the floor) as you can when you're not doing anything. Maybe do 10 every time you leave a room, it strengthens your arms pretty quickly and you get a little cut. Same goes for random sit-ups.

Edit: I see a lot of people recommend eating as much as possible, which I do. I eat like a horse and have absolutely never gotten even a little bigger. I just have a lightning-fast metabolism because I am constantly eating.
                          You're also 13 years old! Your testosterone is exploding and you're still in a growth phase. Unless you become an inactive lazy do nothing your metabolism will stay stoked. You're gonna have to give it time and if you're serious about gaining weight, then it's time to hit the free weights. However, I don't know if I'd advise it at your age, but then again, I started at 13 and have been bodybuilding for the past 21 years.
                          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

How well does this Star program work? I printed out a workout and plan to start this week on it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4784 users online. 284 members and 4500 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X