300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yummy protein powder

i just got the optimum 100% whey protein powder mix from bodybuilding.com http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html its a vanilla ice cream flavor n i mixed in like a glass of milk and boy was it good.. tasted just like a milk shake

they ship very fast to i got a 2 lb container for $17 ..

Comment

ON is a very good brand
      www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

I know nothing of nutrition (well, not really "nothing" but rather, very little). Can someone tell me how this works on your body? I know its a supplement to use with diet and exercise. But how does it work, like internally?

Cheers

Comment

From what i read and all the powder protein works through your system faster then eating chicken and all and it helps feed the muscles and repairs them so they build

Comment

Originally posted by normal1 View Post
            I know nothing of nutrition (well, not really "nothing" but rather, very little). Can someone tell me how this works on your body? I know its a supplement to use with diet and exercise. But how does it work, like internally?

Cheers

From what I remember from A&P, protein is the building block of muscles. Once digested the protein is used to repiar the trama caused by your workout. Basicly taking protein powder is a way of making sure that your body has the raw materials need to make your muscles bigger and stronger. That is pretty much the way that I remember it, but some of the folks on here can explain it better.
            Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

Originally posted by NYCRJmajor914 View Post
              From what i read and all the powder protein works through your system faster then eating chicken and all and it helps feed the muscles and repairs them so they build
              That and its friggin hard to take in 150 grams of protein a day on just chicken....thats like 8 chicken breast in one day
              Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

yea lol plus i dont fee like spending $5.99 on the predue ready to eat cut chicken strips for my salads n all

Comment

I prefer the taste of Muscle Milk...a bit more pricey but definitely top quality stuff.
                  Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

how much calories are in those protein shakes? i figured quite a bit if it tastes good.
                    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                    Rocky Balboa
                    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

nope its not that bad its a big scoop its 130 calories, 15 from fat, 1.5 g fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 100mg soduim ,4g carbs, 24 g protein... its really not that bad, for me tastes good may not taste good for u... u know? it tastes good with milk i havent had the courage to try it in anything else lol

Comment

Originally posted by NYCRJmajor914 View Post
                        nope its not that bad its a big scoop its 130 calories, 15 from fat, 1.5 g fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 100mg soduim ,4g carbs, 24 g protein... its really not that bad, for me tastes good may not taste good for u... u know? it tastes good with milk i havent had the courage to try it in anything else lol
                        In just water it tastes nasty IMHO. I buy those off brand weight loss meal replacement shakes in chocolate flavour. One of those, milk, and chocolate flavoured protein make for a mighty tasty combo.

Comment

It is basically there for two reasons:

1) Whey protein is digested very quickly and is ideal for post-workout when your muscles crave protein the most.

2) It helps supplement your diet with the amount of protein you need. I try to take in between 200-250 grams of protein a day and without protein supplements that would be very hard to accomplish.

If you plan on building muscle the general rule for protein intake is roughly 1 gram of protein for each pound of bodyweight.
                          Mister rabbit says, "A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

Comment

thats alot of protein... for me ity would be like 175 g... its hard though if its only 24g .. what are u suppose to have it 3 times a day? lol

Comment

EAS for me; tastes good in water. I have to watch the whole calorie intake since I need to drop a few before Sept. and the academy.... can't do milk-too many empty calories....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4081 users online. 232 members and 3849 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X