300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another supplement ?

I am starting FTO on Sunday, I am would like to take a supplement instead of eating in the middle of my shift. I know that once I get off my lunch break I will get in a foot chase, plus I hate fast food and I could make my lunch but eating tends to make me tired if I eat to much. I would like to lose weight but that is why I run. My main goal is to replace my lunch with a shake and just eat small snacks throughout my shift if I can like fruit or pretzels. I am going to work out after my shift. It has been a long time since I used any supplements so I don't know whats out there anymore. I used myoplex deluxe when I did and I liked it. It seamed to work well but I am sure there has been some advancements since 1998. Thanks in advance.

Calories 620
    Protein 33g
    Total Carbohydrate 103g
    Total Fat 11g
    Saturated Fat 9g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 80mg
    Sodium 190mg
    Total Carbohydrate 103g
    Dietary Fiber 3g
    Sugars 9.5g
    Protein 33g

Use cold water or ice coffee if you're just looking to replace a meal, or use milk to gain weight.
    Last edited by ProWriter; 06-06-2007, 12:55 AM. Reason: afterthought
    No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

where can you find that?

Comment

It's a Twinlab product. Any GNC of local health food store should either have it or be able to order it. Check their price before you buy vs. Healthnutwarehouse.com...they're very helpful and reliable and usually can beat other retail sellers.
        No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by whatnext View Post
          I am starting FTO on Sunday, I am would like to take a supplement instead of eating in the middle of my shift. I know that once I get off my lunch break I will get in a foot chase, plus I hate fast food and I could make my lunch but eating tends to make me tired if I eat to much. I would like to lose weight but that is why I run. My main goal is to replace my lunch with a shake and just eat small snacks throughout my shift if I can like fruit or pretzels. I am going to work out after my shift. It has been a long time since I used any supplements so I don't know whats out there anymore. I used myoplex deluxe when I did and I liked it. It seamed to work well but I am sure there has been some advancements since 1998. Thanks in advance.

Since you are looking to lose weight I would not suggest taking a weight gainer. I would suggest maybe a meal replacement shake or bar (even a slim fast). It will have the carbs as well as the protein. I know this isn't a supplement but it definantly going to help in your weight loss plan rather than a weight gainer. just my thoughts

Comment

If you'd like to lose weight then it's a must that you eat several smaller meals throughout the day. If you can't make a shake right then and there I don't suggest you mix it and bring it with you since you'll be on FTO and you won't know when you might get to eat. The longer you let those MRPs sit, the thicker they get. As stated, either buy some protein bars or hell, even buy Isopure already made drinks....rather expensive but easy to down.

I would definitely stay away from a high calorie weight gainer, especially if you don't feel right after eating a regular meal. You're gonna have to see how your FTO schedule is and then tweak your eating to suit it.
            Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

My understanding of his post is that he relies on his running to whatever extent he's interested in losing weight and he just wants something to replace a full meal.

Obviously, if the suggested serving size is 620 calories, he can always control calories as desired by using 2-3 scoops instead of 3-4. Despite the product name, a 620 calorie shake isn't really a weight gainer if you mix it in water, especially if you're substituting a meal with it and not having it as an in-between meal snack. If you want something lower in calories and carbs and higher in protein, try Hard Fast by Universal, also available from Healthnutwarehouse.com.

It's a little more expensive, but they carry a product that tastes great, called Power Meal (by Advanced Pharmaceutical Research): 268 calories, 40g Protein, 22g Carbs, 2g Fat. But if you're not specifically looking to lose weight through the dietary change, I wouldn't use it as a regular meal substitute unless you mix it into something besides water.
              Last edited by ProWriter; 06-09-2007, 09:26 PM. Reason: afterthought

Comment

sorry prowriter is right, i didn't clairify myself properly. I am not looking for something that will help me lose weight. I plan on continuing to lift weights and bulk up a little. I am not worried about losing weight because I can adjust accordingly on my intake of foods and increase in excersize i.e. running and other calisthenics. what i am looking for is something that will fill me up, replace a meal, and maybe even bulk up a little. i just dont want to fall into the trap of eating fast food all the time and i also dont want to have to bring something from home everynight that i will have to search for a microwave for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4676 users online. 314 members and 4362 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X