• Show
Clear All

• NYCRJmajor914
    replied
    how is that tropical punch flavor?

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    i like homemade breakfast burritos... 2 strips of turkey bacon, 2 eggwhites & 1 whole egg, Franks hot sauce, and fresh salsa in a whole wheat tortilla with a steamy cup of coffee with a smidge of hazelnut creamer. love it. but late at night when i work out after work (0230hrs) its usually a bag of planters unsalted mixed nuts, tropical punch whey protein, and some water. light on the stomach right before bed.

Leave a comment:

• JSD73
    replied
    I have been bodybuilding for the last 20 years of my life and Ive hated cardio for just as long.lol. I have just started pushing myself into cardio a bit more..ie...riding the bike cause buddy I hate running. But again, I'm only concerned with a post workout meal after an anaerobic workout.

Leave a comment:

• leo2b007
    replied
    Now back to the topic... my favorite after workout meal is definitely a power smoothie and then an hour and a half later I follow it up with some type of meat (chicken, steak, or fish) and rice or a salad.

Leave a comment:

• leo2b007
    replied
    One thing that works for me is that I have an album on my iPod that I will listen to most of the album at least once during my workout and that is the only time I listen to it. That way if I'm finding it hard to get motivated on a particular day I play a couple of songs from the album on my computer and I find that by listening to it my mind automatically associates that with lifting so I start getting pumped up and want to go lift.

Now for running I have yet to find the key to motivate myself to go running as often as I should. So, if anyone knows some good motivation for that please share. Although I have started downloading "The Academy" from Amazon and watching all those people who can't run getting yelled at and stuff is kinda motivating cuz I know I don't want to be one of those guys when I get to the academy.

Leave a comment:

• NYCRJmajor914
    replied
    i know but then im to lazy to find someone lol

Leave a comment:

• Shaidon
    replied
    Understandable....finding motivation to do something that isn't fun can be really tough. My girlfriend helps motivate me when I'm feeling crappy and don't want to run ( I HATE running) and I motivate her. We try to go running together and that seems to help. Try to work out with a partner and you'll find it's easier to motivate the other person and get it in return. Much easier to go running when someone is right beside you telling you to quit slacking

Leave a comment:

• NYCRJmajor914
    replied
    hmm ya maybe thats why i didnt see much difference... after i worked out i would eat a tunafish sandwhich and a bowl of salad with cut up perdue chicken... What sucks for me though is now that i passed my physically and went through the 3 months of gettin back to working out... i feel like after taking a week off ehh ill go back to working out next week, then next week comes and its ehh next week lol

Leave a comment:

• JSD73
    replied
    Gotta go with Future on this one. Excellent post workout shake. The body, after workout, is craving nutrients and will soak up a moderate carb high protein shake like nobodys business. Eating solid food puts a damper on the body being able to absorb the nutrients quickly for muscle recovery as the food must be broken down and then processed. Solid food for the rest of the day and a good ol' shake right after workout.

Leave a comment:

• FutureLE
    replied
    You should have quick digesting carbs after a workout.. Save the wheat products for other meals.. I post workout meal should be low fat, high protein, med-high carbs

Here is mine

50grams of whey protein
    100grams of dextrose powder
    Some water.. Shake
    1000mg of vitamin C - Emergen-C pack

Followed about 1.5 hours later by 8-10 oz chicken breasts and 1-3 cups of rice..depending on my diet plans (Weight loss/gain)

Leave a comment:

• tspinaker
    replied
    I usually have a protein shake, and carbs are good post workout as well. I like waxy maize. I customize my own formula of protein at www.trueprotein.com not too terrible of prices, and you get pretty much what you want.

Leave a comment:

• juszczec
    replied
    Lots of water, some vitamin C and a multivitamin.

After that, anything that doesn't move.

If I'm in a real hurry, and apple or banana.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• NYCRJmajor914
    replied
    lol what you mean by that? i find a tuna sandwich with multi grain bread, salad, and a banana is healthy and tastes good to me.. of coarse i eat fun stuff but not that much id really like to loose my spare tire

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    Man, you guys need to live it up a little.

Leave a comment:

• Shaidon
    replied
    Originally posted by NYCRJmajor914 View Post
    mmm that sounds good im getting the 100% whey protein vanilla ice cream flavored power soon i cant wait.. im assuming i should put it in milk to get a good taste huh... u ever try the smart omega 3 peanut butter shaidon? im a crunch pb type guy... mmm wendys i wish i had one closer to me
    I actually use the Adams brand all natural peanut butter (extra crunchy ) tastes great and gives you some good fats and other fun stuff. I actually mix my protein powder with blueberry-pomegranate juice. Lots of vitamin c and tastes great. it has a few more calories than I might like, but the vitamin c and the taste make up for it.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4565 users online. 253 members and 4312 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X