300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats ur favorite after workout meal?

My favorite meal after i work out is tuna i add very little mayo and i load up on dicing onions, tomatoes, pickles and some lettuce to add my vegies and have it on the arnold's multigrain bread the one that comes in the purple writing bag. I alternate between that and cutting strips of chicken and make a chicken sandwhich with whole grain bread.. its a little dry but not to bad. And i always add thoses with a bowl of salad with the predue ready to eat chicken strips with balsamiic vinager(has nothing in it) and a banana and ill drink at least a liter of water with that or my vitamin water... yea sounds not exciting right? lol But i gotta love the multi whole grain bread

Ribeye (medium), corn on the cob and about a quart of milk, followed by ice cream or blueberry cobbler and a Bombay Sapphire gimlet.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Wendy's Spicy chicken sandwich, fries, a protein bar and water or gatorade.

Comment

Whole wheat bagel with all natural peanut butter, low sugar/calorie yogurt, and a protein shake. Not the greatest but it hits the spot and is pretty darn good for you.
        I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

mmm that sounds good im getting the 100% whey protein vanilla ice cream flavored power soon i cant wait.. im assuming i should put it in milk to get a good taste huh... u ever try the smart omega 3 peanut butter shaidon? im a crunch pb type guy... mmm wendys i wish i had one closer to me

Comment

Fruit or fish...............
            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
            Not Yet Visited: 16
            Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

It depends. If I work out in the evening, I'll just have a protein shake. I try to avoid carbs late in the day. If it's in the morning, a high protein meal, like tuna fish or any type of lean beef, chicken or turkey, baked sweet potatoe and a shake. Fills you up and gives you a good amount of protein and just the right amount of carbs for the day. For snacks, I eat fruit, yogurt or peanuts, almonds, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCRJmajor914 View Post
                mmm that sounds good im getting the 100% whey protein vanilla ice cream flavored power soon i cant wait.. im assuming i should put it in milk to get a good taste huh... u ever try the smart omega 3 peanut butter shaidon? im a crunch pb type guy... mmm wendys i wish i had one closer to me
                I actually use the Adams brand all natural peanut butter (extra crunchy ) tastes great and gives you some good fats and other fun stuff. I actually mix my protein powder with blueberry-pomegranate juice. Lots of vitamin c and tastes great. it has a few more calories than I might like, but the vitamin c and the taste make up for it.
                I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

Man, you guys need to live it up a little.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

lol what you mean by that? i find a tuna sandwich with multi grain bread, salad, and a banana is healthy and tastes good to me.. of coarse i eat fun stuff but not that much id really like to loose my spare tire

Comment

Lots of water, some vitamin C and a multivitamin.

After that, anything that doesn't move.

If I'm in a real hurry, and apple or banana.

Mark
                      Mark
                      Shaw JCC Karate Program website
                      Shaw JCC Karate Program on myspace

Comment

I usually have a protein shake, and carbs are good post workout as well. I like waxy maize. I customize my own formula of protein at www.trueprotein.com not too terrible of prices, and you get pretty much what you want.

Comment

You should have quick digesting carbs after a workout.. Save the wheat products for other meals.. I post workout meal should be low fat, high protein, med-high carbs

Here is mine

50grams of whey protein
                          100grams of dextrose powder
                          Some water.. Shake
                          1000mg of vitamin C - Emergen-C pack

Followed about 1.5 hours later by 8-10 oz chicken breasts and 1-3 cups of rice..depending on my diet plans (Weight loss/gain)

Comment

Gotta go with Future on this one. Excellent post workout shake. The body, after workout, is craving nutrients and will soak up a moderate carb high protein shake like nobodys business. Eating solid food puts a damper on the body being able to absorb the nutrients quickly for muscle recovery as the food must be broken down and then processed. Solid food for the rest of the day and a good ol' shake right after workout.
                            Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

hmm ya maybe thats why i didnt see much difference... after i worked out i would eat a tunafish sandwhich and a bowl of salad with cut up perdue chicken... What sucks for me though is now that i passed my physically and went through the 3 months of gettin back to working out... i feel like after taking a week off ehh ill go back to working out next week, then next week comes and its ehh next week lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6229 users online. 329 members and 5900 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X