300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cardio before and after workout

what do you all think about taking a 30 minute cardio workout and spliting it up, 15 before and 15 after workout? would you get the same type or results or what? i know endurance strength wouldnt be as much..BUT..i run away from the gym anyways..so, suggestions? and the lifting is hardcore if that helps
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

Well...this is just what I've heard, but the target heart rate/calorie burning is right at 20 minutes for cardio. So possibly doing two sets of 20-25 minutes of cardio with your lifting in between? I personally don't lift on my cardio days...depending on how strenuous your lifting is you might damage your muscles lifting after cardio. Personally I would say if you are going to mix cardio with other things, make them bodyweight exercises such as push ups etc and do your weight training on off days from cardio or at a completely different time of the day (cardio in mornings, weights in evenings). Just my thoughts.
    I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

thanks! the program im on is everyday lifting. i know that the idea time to do cardio stuff and weight lifting is 12 hours apart!!! only if i was a soccer dad....LOL...i'll make it work some how, i appreciate the input
      dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Hit the cardio after your workout. You need to do at least 30 minutes continuosly to do any good. Save your energy for hitting the weights first, then run. You'll actually get a better workout and continue to burn fat a long time after. If you decide to do any cardio before anyway, keep it short. Just enough to get you warmed up and your blood flowing, but you can get this by doing at least one or two warm-up sets before your first exercise. Keep it up!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3583 users online. 237 members and 3346 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X