Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needing Workout Regimen for Academy...HELP!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing Workout Regimen for Academy...HELP!

I am currently in the process for two departments, but in the back of my mind, I am fearing the academy. I am 6'0" tall, 145 lbs., in shape the best that I can. I'm an exercise induced asthmatic so no matter how much I work out, I have to work out harder than everyone else. I'm lucky to get two miles. I've been involved in athletics since I was very young and I continually maintain being in shape.

My question is how can someone get prepped for the academy? I would really appreciate it if someone would suggest a really good workout regimen. I have done the Navy Seal one, which uses your own body weight consisting of running, push ups and sit ups...but the running is impractical in the amount of time you're expected to run a certain amount. I have to build up to it.

The workout I'm doing now is walk/run one day with 2 sets of 15 pushups, then alternate the next day with running forwards and backwards in a pool for an hour, then side steps in the pool, followed by an ab and pushup regimen.

Thank you so much!
    "Concentrate on what cannot lie.....the evidence."

I run with an exercise-induced asthmatic at my police training facility. She can run about 3miles, while with a little bit of difficulty, she finishes it.

The best advice I can give you is to keep pushing yourself. You need to increase your cardio threshold to see improvement. That means moving a bit out of your comfort zone.

For your safety, run with a buddy, and bring your inhaler.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6808 users online. 361 members and 6447 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X