300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions

Ok I need a little bit of help. I decided its long past time to lose some weight. I am only 5'4 and weigh about 275 so as you can tell, I need to lose some. I have read alot online about better eating and such and think I am doing good on that part. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week for at least an hour, sometimes more. My question is this, is there any kind of supplements or anything I should be taking. I have read about all different kinds of diet pills, protein powder, creatine, etc. I dont have a problem taking anything, I just want to make sure its the right thing. I can tell I am starting to lose a little bit but I want to make sure I am doing it right. I dont want to crash diet or anything like that. While I would like to make all the fat disappear right now I know that is possible. I just want to get down to a better weight and fitness level. One of the other officers I work with works out with me and it helps to have a partner. My goal is sometime next year to go to SWAT school which has a mandatory physical test as soon as you arrive. And of course just to be more healthy. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

The first thing you need to do is set some goals for yourself, and you are already on the right track. You want to get into SWAT school, so what are the requirements for that? What weight would you be happy in attaining?

You need to make a plan for your work outs so that way you know what to do and when. Without a plan you will be going day to day and you'll end up not putting it into a routine.

Don't forget to eat healthy (as i'm sure you are already doing), cut out the soda, sugary drinks and fast food. I am in school almost all day and I take a few slim fasts and a few small snacks to hold me over and keep my metabolism up during the day. The slim fasts and snacks are cheap and small and they really do hold you over.

Do not forget to DRINK WATER! I feel that water is the backbone to all fitness, weight-lifting, etc and you probably will progress much faster if your water intake is up to par.

And lastly, as proven by most body-builders, eat 5 meals a day. Eat your main three meals as usual, but throw something smaller into the mix between each one. Doing this will keep up your metabolism and help burn fat. Try to exercise where people are working out so you are around like-minded people.

Oh ya! Find something you LIKE doing for exercise. I really don't like to run but I found that I could bicycle and have a blast. I take my camelback, fill it with water, hook up the CD player and go bicycle for 30 minutes. Bicycling makes you concentrate on where you are going, what the bike is doing, what cars/people are doing, but the best thing about it is you aren't concentrating on working out.

Oh ya, and P.S. for that lastly, GOOD LUCK and DON'T QUIT!
    Last edited by LCPLPunk; 05-27-2007, 10:20 AM.
    "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

yea thoses are good suggestions for 3 months now my breakfeast is either eggwhites and 2 suasages or a nutragrain bar.... for lunch its tuna tuna tuna with multigrain whole grain bread(i could even cut that out but its the good carbs) i always add like onions and tomatoes get my vegies in there..... and dinner is usually whole wheat pasta even thou i dont like it much or like some good chicken... then for inbetweens i usually have salad i buy a regular bag of dole salad half bag then the other half later and to help with protien i buy the ready to eat predue cut chicken pieces they are a lil pricey here in NY there $5.99 for like 10 oz. with balsamic dressing just to not have that dry salad taste eat that with a banana my one a day multi vitiamin and later a fish oil pill and yes LOTS OF WATER lol i **** like a race horse everyday i think i **** like 6 or 7 times a day lol im 5'9 175lb so for me its a lil slow but for you it should work great 3 months ago i was 188lbs my body fat went down a couple percent to

Comment

I find I eat a lot healthier when I bring food with me.

Also, plan on eating at least six small meals/snacks a day. (Let me emphasize small). Your stomach is never completely empty and you are never really hungry. You can trick your metobolism into speeding up this way, it's the opposite effect of a fast.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Do not take diet pills. They make so much money on diet pills because people are gullible and want a quick fix, rather than hard work. The only way you will lose it is through hard work and dedication. You must eat correctly and exercise. Get rid of the soda completely. Soda is absolute garbage. Also, if you drink alcohol, I would get rid of that too. That is, if you are drinking 2 beers a day or something, then you need to stop. However, if you have a glass of wine every now and then with dinner or something, then that's fine. Red wine can be beneficial. Personally, I stick with water, milk (for my protein shakes. I'm trying to gain mass), cranberry juice, and Orange Juice. I might have the occasional lemonade.

I'm thin and have an extremely high metabolism so it's a bit different for me. I can down a whole box of pizza and not gain a pound, heh. I take Cell Mass and True Mass from BSN. I am very happy with BSN. I'm trying to gain weight so I need more mass items. Since you're trying to lose, you'll need more of a lean muscle protein, I think (I just know a bit from my side, IE trying to gain. I'm not too familiar with trying to lose. I could be missing a detail or two). There's a ton of calories in True Mass. Don't take hormones or any of that. Know what you are putting into your body and what it does. I also take vitamins from USANA Health Sciences and I love it. I couldn't have found a better company.

You'll want to lose weight and convert (figuratively speaking) fat into muscle. It will be tough, I won't lie to you. But if you want it that bad, you will do it. I have a gallon jug that I fill up everyday and I make sure that it's empty before the end of the night. In boot camp, we had to down our waterbowl right before we hit the rack.
          Last edited by Voirdire; 06-20-2007, 07:10 PM.
          Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

Originally posted by Voirdire View Post
            You'll want to lose weight and convert fat into muscle.
            Fat does not convert to muscle nor does muscle convert to fat. Two separate entities there, but aside from that, he's right...it won't be easy.

The gent who mentioned six small meals (or more) per day is right on the money, it stokes your metabolism. Try aerobics first thing upon waking up..on an empty stomach...do that on days you aren't working out with weights. Don't worry about diet pills, they are a waste. Slow and steady, eat fairly clean, set aside a cheat day to reward yourself for sticking with your diet and give yourself plenty of recovery time after a hard workout.
            Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I was figuratively speaking =P. Perhaps I should have said turn the fat into muscle, hehe.
              Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

Did I mention your avatar is scaring me.
                Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

My avatar is from Batman Begins. It's Batman

Comment

I would visit www.precisionnutrition.com and www.sciencelink.com

Dr. Berardi is one of the best nutritionist in the USA. he has great stuff that we use with our people and they all get great results.

Mike
                    www.forceonereadiness.com
                    "Where the world's elite come to prepare"
                    Mike
                    www.forceonereadiness.com
                    "Where the world's elite come to prepare"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5150 users online. 318 members and 4832 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X