300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Seasonal Pet Peeve.

Now that the warm weather has finally hit the north-east, I'm running outside.

You know what ****es me off? When "friendly acquaintences" yell out their window for me to run faster. They obvioulsy think that they are so clever, and the first ones to ever think of that. How lame!

It irritates me when it's 85 degrees out, and humid, and this clown rolls down the electric window in his luxury SUV, takes the cigarette out of his mouth just long enough to yell for me to run faster. All the while the can of diet coke resting snuggly on top of his enourmous belly.

I used to just invite the lardos to run the next mile with me, but I've started flipping them off instead. While I may not have as many "friendly acquaitences" by the end of summer, I bet I won't have to hear that crap nearly as much.
    Last edited by SlowDownThere; 05-25-2007, 01:01 PM.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Yeah, depending on who yells it, it's sometimes fun to shout back.
    There's the classics that the people will yell:
    "Run Forest!"
    "Who wears short shorts?"
    "Run Faster!"
    But you've got to learn to live with it, because for some reason people just can't resist sometimes I guess! Haha. If it's some 12 year old or something I'll often shout back, but if there in a car I don't want trouble. Frankly I'd just like to see those hecklers try and run my pace for just 3 minutes.
    --"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."
    --"Run XC"

Comment

Try an IPOD. I never hear anything the overweight majority has to say. I just nod politely and giggle to myself as they try and catch their breath while getting mail from their mail boxes.
      State Trooper, South Carolina Highway Patrol and proud of it buddy.

Comment

lmao SlowDownThere. I never had anyone say anthing to me while running with the exception of cat calls. After suspecting that I was the distraction that caused three seperate car accidents I stopped running in public. Unless it is an unpopulated area. Other than that the cybex arc machine is nice or indoor tracts. Downside no fresh air. Maybe ear plugs? But I suspect being LE blocking out sounds would not work for you.
        Reality is only a perception

Comment

lol

i always wear a Army PT shirt or something, so all i get are honks and waves and thumbs up....

but yeah that would **** me off too
          The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

LMAO.. I almost died .. stang- I had just finished reading your tag line "this country needs an Enema"- and as soon as I finish saying the word enema in my head to myself- my girlfriend who is reading a book goes out loud randomly "your ****ing me". XD I died laughing.
            Updated on: 12/28/09

Comment

I too wear an IPod. Not only does it help to drown out the peanut gallery but it also helps me run farther as I am not as bored. I pay more attention to the music than I do to the running...makes time go by faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Terps07 View Post
                I too wear an IPod. Not only does it help to drown out the peanut gallery but it also helps me run farther as I am not as bored. I pay more attention to the music than I do to the running...makes time go by faster.

I only do very rarely, because I feel I am more concintrated on the music and whether or not my headphones will stay in my ears rather than my pace, time or what my bodies sayin'.
                --"Run XC"

Comment

lol damn where you guys run lol i never get anyone saying anything to me... where in NY u live slow? and ggw? im from westchester county... this weekend was amazingly nice and i amazed myself i actually woke up at 7 am this whole weekend sat-monday and went running at the new rochelle hs track it was great clear comfortable no one was around practiced my 1.5 miles for my physical next sunday it was great

Comment

Dontcha just love those days 914cop?
                    --"Run XC"

Comment

lol na i was never much of a running but it is nice to do once in a while i just finished my junior year of college n b4 march the last time i ran was back in senior year of hs on the football team.... so when i finally got off my lazy *** to run i figured i do the 1.5 miles in like 14 minutes... behold to me i did it in 11:35 i was so amazed and happy i jumped for joy lol (by the way my stomach is like a spare tire and i thought id b way out of shape lol) but now i just have to worry about my pushups which im scared about b/c pushups are my weakness i can do 27 i need to do 29 for the test n i have untill sunday

Comment

When it comes time to be clutch- those extra two will come no problem because you'll know how much is riding on it. Otherwise, good job on the mile and a half!
                        --"Run XC"

Comment

the situps i think im ok in i did 45 in a minute n it wasnt with my feet being held down firmly i did it at least my couch n my feet keep poppin out lol if i had my feet held firmly i thik that helps with pushups... its just damn pushups i kno 29 doesnt seem alot but upper body stuff 4 me is my weakness i was always a fast n agail u kno ... the 11:35 for 1.5 mile was done even though i havent ran in like 3 years so that tells my my egs were build to run decent times

Comment

Originally posted by 914cophopefulNY View Post
                            the situps i think im ok in i did 45 in a minute n it wasnt with my feet being held down firmly i did it at least my couch n my feet keep poppin out lol if i had my feet held firmly i thik that helps with pushups... its just damn pushups i kno 29 doesnt seem alot but upper body stuff 4 me is my weakness i was always a fast n agail u kno ... the 11:35 for 1.5 mile was done even though i havent ran in like 3 years so that tells my my egs were build to run decent times
                            That was all one sentence, with horrid spelling and made no sense.

Comment

im sorry i didnt know this was the perfect grammar class.... you dont need to insult people here... were all suppose to be on the same team, so im so sorryyyyy to make ur eyes spin...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2812 users online. 156 members and 2656 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X