300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAT preparation advice

Unlike "normal" PDs, I have been given 9 days to prepare for my department's Physical Agility Test.

The events are as follows:
    1. Push Ups: 20 in 1 minute.
    2. Obstacle Course: Run 20', crawl through a 2'6" tunnel, run 20', climb over 6'6"wall, run 20' to 2 pylons(??), run 20', back over wall, run 4' to finish. All in 22 seconds.
    3. Dummy Drag: 150lb dummy drag for 50' in 10 seconds.
    4. 80lb carry: Lift 80lb bag, carry it for 50ft and place on table in 6 seconds.
    5. 1/2 mile run: Run the 1/2 mile in 5 minutes.

The test is pass/fail and I'm allowed 2 retests if I fail the first one. The retests are given 7 days after, so I don't get a whole lot more time to train.

Any suggestions of what training I can do that would help me in such a short time frame?

My initial thoughts here are to concentrate on legs since it's almost all lower body. I can do the push-ups without a problem. The 80lb lift is scary since it's SIX seconds. That seems kind of fast, I'd have to be running full tilt with that 80lb bag! I also don't have a dummy to train with and haven't found a good alternative.

Any advice would be useful!

That 80 lb carry will be the tough one in that time limit

The wall is what will get you in the obstacle course.

With 9 days left I would just do what you have been doing and not stress over it
    Leave Space Empty

Comment

well...... 9 days? ummm run a little? i dont know if there is much time to condition other than that I would say practice what you know you might struggle with?

Comment

I figured the same about the wall. Hell, it's the only real "test" in the obstacle course.

I wish I knew what form the 80lbs would take. It can be a medicine ball size or a duffle bag.

Yep, pretty much aiming for that 2nd go at it!

P.S. It's not 9 days "left" as much as 9 DAYS TOTAL! It's not like I slacked off for 6 months and just now decided to buy some running shoes!!
        Last edited by IlonBlue; 05-10-2007, 06:32 PM. Reason: added

Comment

It's prolly a weighted bag about 4-5 feet long
          Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by IlonBlue View Post
            1. Push Ups: 20 in 1 minute. DONE!
            2. Obstacle Course: Run 20', crawl through a 2'6" tunnel, run 20', climb over 6'6"wall, run 20' to 2 pylons(??), run 20', back over wall, run 4' to finish. All in 22 seconds. FAILED!
            3. Dummy Drag: 150lb dummy drag for 50' in 10 seconds. DONE in 7s
            4. 80lb carry: Lift 80lb bag, carry it for 50ft and place on table in 6 seconds. DONE in 4s
            5. 1/2 mile run: Run the 1/2 mile in 5 minutes. DONE in 3:37
            I couldn't get over that damn wall the second time through, luckily it didn't matter!

I had been under the impression that I had to complete all of the events. That was not true. The .5 mile run and the push-ups were mandatory and the rest are "optional." I won't have to retake the obstacle course.

Comment

Congrats on passing the test. That extra 6 inches on the 6 foot wall would be killer for most people. I always had trouble with the basic 6 foot wall, I think the extra few inches would have been enough to keep from getting over.
              Originally posted by kontemplerande
              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5342 users online. 293 members and 5049 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X