300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khanraider97 View Post

Turns out my run times are actually a little better than the average joes and i didn't know. I can run 2 miles in less than 14 mins with slowing down and walking a bit but running still. But obviously to an athlete that is slow. The coffee before i workout was good, and the post workout drink after i would get C4 from a 7 eleven and/or that super creatine bang drink.
    Calling B.S on this, you would have to be consistently at minimum running a 6:00 1 mile or less to be afforded even a little leeway (slowing down or walking) for a sub 14min 2 mile. A 6:00 is approximately 10 MPH pace, and that is bordering on a sprint. To put that into perspective you would have to be clocking at around 1:30 on a track consistently. Everyone on this forum will tell you <6:00 1 miles are not easy for the average in shape person, let alone Officer on this forum. Drinking awful bang energy drinks, sugar laced coffee, and eating Subway will not net you numbers I listed above.
    Last edited by Levithane; 12-11-2019, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Levithane View Post

Calling B.S on this, you would have to be consistently at minimum running a 6.00 1 mile or less to be afforded even a little leeway (slowing down or walking) for a sub 14min 2 mile. A 6:00 is approximately 10 MPH pace, and that is bordering on a sprint. To put that into perspective you would have to be clocking at around 1:30 on a track consistently. Everyone on this forum will tell you <6:00 1 miles are not easy for the average in shape person, let alone Officer on this forum. Drinking awful bang energy drinks, sugar laced coffee, and eating Subway will not net you numbers I listed above.
      Wouldnt 6 min mile mean 12 min 2 mile run? Last time i timed a mile slowing down and walking a bit, ran it a bit under 8 mins. So under 14 would be best i could righf about now. I don't really know how long im walking a bit, but sometimes i would try to push myself, maybe im actually running faster every time i walk a bit and run again, maybe my speed is getting better, but one things for sure last time i ran a 2 mile with the same intervals that i didnt really have a set time for it was a little under 14 mins. Im not fat or anything so maybe that could be why. Idk but definitely not lying a friend of mine told me thats actually slow compared to an average runner, he said they be running 2 miles in 10-12 mins, anything over that is considered slow i guess to them thats good enough for me. For now that is.
      Last edited by Khanraider97; 12-10-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Just keep running from the cops. You’ll get there.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Khanraider97
          Khanraider97 commented
          Editing a comment
          Even tho that is shade thrown at me there is truth to that but not considerinf that anytime soon lol

Wouldnt 6 min mile mean 12 min 2 mile run? Last time i timed a mile slowing down and walking a bit, ran it a bit under 8 mins. So under 14 would be best i could righf about now. I don't really know how long im walking a bit, but sometimes i would try to push myself, maybe im actually running faster every time i walk a bit and run again, maybe my speed is getting better, but one things for sure last time i ran a 2 mile with the same intervals that i didnt really have a set time for it was a little under 14 mins. Im not fat or anything so maybe that could be why. Idk but definitely not lying a friend of mine told me thats actually slow compared to an average runner, he said they be running 2 miles in 10-12 mins, anything over that is considered slow i guess to them thats good enough for me. For now that is.
        Re-read the first sentence of my original post. I put 6 min pace because that is the minimum pace by my estimation you would have to be maintaining to be afforded the opportunity to slow down or even walk to be able to still clock an under 14 minute 2 mile. Your friend is an idiot, <14 minutes is way above average for a 2 mile, thats a constant <7 minute pace. You would have to be constantly sprinting to be able to pull off a 10 minute 2 mile. My college roommate ran high school and college track ,<5minute 1 mile times take months to years of training and conditioning. 4 to 5 minute 1 miles are times elite runners would average, the world record for a 1 mile is 3:43, previously it was somewhere in the 4 minute range.
        Last edited by Levithane; 12-10-2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Re-read the first sentence of my original post. I put 6 min pace because that is the minimum pace by my estimation you would have to be maintaining to be afforded the opportunity to slow down or even walk to be able to still clock an under 14 minute 2 mile. Your friend is an idiot, <14 minutes is way above average for a 2 mile, thats a constant <7 minute pace. You would have to be constantly sprinting to be able to pull off a 10 minute 2 mile. My college roommate ran high school and college track ,<5minute 1 mile times take months to years of training and conditioning. 4 to 5 minute 1 miles are times elite runners would average, the world record for a 1 mile is 3:43, previously it was somewhere in the 4 minute range.
          Hes a runner too. Have you ran track or anything? Maybe i was going a 6min mile pace but dropped to a 8 min mile pace back up again, cuz i did try to push myseld eveytime to even just run until i feel like dying and then speed walking as fast as i can. Idk who to believe than. Lol i was under the impression anything under 15 mins was good for someone a bit in shape, now your telling me that 6min mile pace which you said was 10mph maybe i ran close to that? Idk but i did time myself tho. I got to time myself again sometime. Cuz ive been walking everywhere and my job required a bit more stamina sometimes, so ima have to do a re run.

Comment

Hes a runner too. Have you ran track or anything? Maybe i was going a 6min mile pace but dropped to a 8 min mile pace back up again, cuz i did try to push myseld eveytime to even just run until i feel like dying and then speed walking as fast as i can. Idk who to believe than. Lol i was under the impression anything under 15 mins was good for someone a bit in shape, now your telling me that 6min mile pace which you said was 10mph maybe i ran close to that? Idk but i did time myself tho. I got to time myself again sometime. Cuz ive been walking everywhere and my job required a bit more stamina sometimes, so ima have to do a re run.
            No I haven't run track, the numbers I put up is basic math regarding running that can be calculated from a pace calculator. The central point is that a novice runner (which it sounds like you are) doesn't magically just drop a sub 14 minute 2 mile.

Comment

No I haven't run track, the numbers I put up is basic math regarding running that can be calculated from a pace calculator. The central point is that a novice runner (which it sounds like you are) doesn't magically just drop a sub 14 minute 2 mile.
              "Novice runner" i wouldnt say im "novice" or a "runner" because this is basically for recreational reasons and preparations for whatever i do in the future. I mean i wasn't really lazy in high school or even middle school i always did like physical activity. And when i was a freshmen in high school i started bjj training and a bit of kickboxing, i was not on any varsity team nor did i get to play a sport in high school. So i have been training boxing and muay thai for the past 6 years but havent done bjj for more than half of that. So maybe thats why it went up a bit, i dont think its "magic" but im pretty sure overtime all those physical exhausting exercises that the bjj instructors had me doing especially rolling and the burpees and speed kicks my muay thai instructors were big on since it really did help with conditioning, and the punch outs and 12-15 rounds of heavy bag work might of too.

its not like running conditioning cant be improved by doing all that before even starting to run on the road and track fields at a local high school.

Comment

"Novice runner" i wouldnt say im "novice" or a "runner" because this is basically for recreational reasons and preparations for whatever i do in the future. I mean i wasn't really lazy in high school or even middle school i always did like physical activity. And when i was a freshmen in high school i started bjj training and a bit of kickboxing, i was not on any varsity team nor did i get to play a sport in high school. So i have been training boxing and muay thai for the past 6 years but havent done bjj for more than half of that. So maybe thats why it went up a bit, i dont think its "magic" but im pretty sure overtime all those physical exhausting exercises that the bjj instructors had me doing especially rolling and the burpees and speed kicks my muay thai instructors were big on since it really did help with conditioning, and the punch outs and 12-15 rounds of heavy bag work might of too.

its not like running conditioning cant be improved by doing all that before even starting to run on the road and track fields at a local high school.
                You would be very surprised. Those exercises might assist your cardio, but they won't help with proper form, building speed, keeping pace, or building resistance in your joints. The people will tell you on this forum how easily you can be injured from running (shin splints, joint injuries). And yes you're a novice, if you have a lack of sufficient experience in any field YOU'RE A NOVICE. As I stated before you don't just decide to go for a run one day and drop a Sub 14 minute 2 mile, unless you have been training/conditioning your running ability.

Comment

He’s just going to argue with you each time you post. OP has other issues to worry about.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Khanraider97
                    Khanraider97 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not really arguing with him more of giving him more information on prior to before i timed that 2 mile run. Your always assuming stuff. But ol a lot stuff i forget to put in my post. So i got to explain all that. But its longer than i did before.

• Khanraider97
                    Khanraider97 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Honestly i can't wait until one day we meet CCCSD and you see how nice and respectful of a man i am honestly. Like the way you interpret **** makes me question those 30 years i know i'm not a cop or even now how real police work is but damn nobodys ever made as much assumptions as you. I have been living my best life since i moved to philly. So yeah.

You would be very surprised. Those exercises might assist your cardio, but they won't help with proper form, building speed, keeping pace, or building resistance in your joints. The people will tell you on this forum how easily you can be injured from running (shin splints, joint injuries). And yes you're a novice, if you have a lack of sufficient experience in any field YOU'RE A NOVICE. As I stated before you don't just decide to go for a run one day and drop a Sub 14 minute 2 mile, unless you have been training/conditioning your running ability.
                  Yeah thats why i'm saying it wasn't magic, it wasn't like i just ran for one day i was running around a track for a month before i moved to philly. Oh and im not really focused on being intermediate or advanced in running thats why i dont say im a novice runner cuz novice runner would mean that i want to like run for the olympics i mean thats what it sounds like to me. I would say im just a recreational runner. Or a supplement runner.
                  Last edited by Khanraider97; 12-11-2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Would it be better to drink a cocktail of sports nutrition than coffee after physical exertion?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregfosterid View Post
                      Would it be better to drink a cocktail of sports nutrition than coffee after physical exertion?
                      I actually did hear from a army vet in my old mma gym that there is healthy alchohols like that or maybe he was messing with the strength and conditioning class lol.

I think everybody can agree supplements dont work unless your putting in the work everyday.

So thats why the C4 supplement drink and the super creatine drink helped a bit for me. And ik some people are going to say this doesnt mean crap but since im back at my parents house for a bit i do run a treadmill when im at the gym.

Strangely and no im not making this up you can check my IG from that post i ran all out on the treadmil (cuz im training for a fight in south jersey) i ran 9.0 mph for 1.30 mins. 2 days ago i ran for nearly 2.30 mins. But today i just did kickboxing conditioning class followed by a boxing class and some sparring with a 20 year old kid that wants to fight amatuer.

No i did not drink no C4 before or after any of these treadmill brief all out sessions but i think because im really trying to push my cardio and because im embarassed for myself from my last fight in VA 2 weeks before christmas at the 757 venue. I guess those jawns really do help a bit. I havent ran on a track yet. But i will soon and time myself and see how fast i can run a 2 mile even with having to walk some of that jawn.
                      Last edited by Khanraider97; 01-18-2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I actually did hear from a army vet in my old mma gym that there is healthy alchohols like that or maybe he was messing with the strength and conditioning class lol.

I think everybody can agree supplements dont work unless your putting in the work everyday.

So thats why the C4 supplement drink and the super creatine drink helped a bit for me. And ik some people are going to say this doesnt mean crap but since im back at my parents house for a bit i do run a treadmill when im at the gym.

Strangely and no im not making this up you can check my IG from that post i ran all out on the treadmil (cuz im training for a fight in south jersey) i ran 9.0 mph for 1.30 secs. 2 days ago i ran for nearly 2.30 mins. But today i just did kickboxing conditioning class followed by a boxing class and some sparring with a 20 year old kid that wants to fight amatuer.

No i did not drink no C4 before or after any of these treadmill brief all out sessions but i think because im really trying to push my cardio and because im embarassed for myself from my last fight in VA 2 weeks before christmas at the 757 venue. I guess those jawns really do help a bit. I havent ran on a track yet. But i will soon and time myself and see how fast i can run a 2 mile even with having to walk some of that jawn.
                        Dammit, I thought we had seen the last of Napoleon Dynamite's brother, Kip Desimite:

https://youtu.be/NZJrGuC92U8
                        Last edited by Aidokea; 01-18-2020, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

Dammit, I thought we had seen the last of Napoleon Dynamite's brother, Kip Desimite:

https://youtu.be/NZJrGuC92U8
                          You know just because i have an acct on this forum doesnt mean i should be on this site 24/7.

I am actually not training today so i'm just going watch the most cheesiest and ridiculous cop comedy show brooklyn nine nine. Before my hulu gets cancelled.

Also i still don't know why its so hard to believe im not a drug addict or borderline whatever. I do live with my parents now but after i got back from florida i was suppose to look at shared rooms in jersey city for me to live because my parents know how much i hate living in a boondock area. Plus my mom was the one begging me to move back to jersey instead of asking my landlady for more time to give her the money.

Oh yeah and my mom also promised to pay for any fight gym i chpose. so yeah thats another reason i went a long with the deal.
                          Last edited by Khanraider97; 01-18-2020, 10:25 AM.

Comment

You know just because i have an acct on this forum doesnt mean i should be on this site 24/7.

I am actually not training today so i'm just going watch the most cheesiest and ridiculous cop comedy show brooklyn nine nine. Before my hulu gets cancelled.

Also i still don't know why its so hard to believe im not a drug addict or borderline whatever. I do live with my parents now but after i got back from florida i was suppose to look at shared rooms in jersey city for me to live because my parents know how much i hate living in a boondock area. Plus my mom was the one begging me to move back to jersey instead of asking my landlady for more time to give her the money.

Oh yeah and my mom also promised to pay for any fight gym i chpose. so yeah thats another reason i went a long with the deal.
                            Epic...

Comment

• Khanraider97
                              Khanraider97 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You know what im just going to give you a like just because i've been living my best life and i dont want anything to ruin my mood in 2020.

• Aidokea
                              Aidokea commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Good for you...and your mood...

• Khanraider97
                              Khanraider97 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thank you. God bless your 2020 to man. Btw im christian now aparently since my boy level in miami basically prayed on me while he preaching to the whole overtown city of miami. I guess thats why i got to thank god because i got even more of a tolerance and feel a bit more positive.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12295 users online. 301 members and 11994 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X