300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking cold coffee after a run?

So as I have said before I'm working on my cardio for the next 6 months and once I start school I'm going to play soccer, so that I can really push myself and because I like team sports and didnt get to play in high school. And I think playing on a team will help with my goals (even though my goal isn't to kick a ball around my whole life).

So my cardio has been getting better after drinking this Starbucks drink that's a double shot of coffee. And it has been helping but that's all I drink after a running session and it helps a lot more than the 3 supplements I would drink that were before, during and after my workouts. The reason I started drinking coffee after my workouts is because I read that caffeine has been proven to help with recovery and stamina. Is this normal that it helps better than sups? I was drinking pre kaged before, redcon1 mixed with kre akalyn during and after my workouts, and it didn't help this much.

Edit: forgot to mention I also get a salad with chicken or a sub from Subway after the runs so I'm not drinking just coffee.
    Last edited by Khanraider97; 07-01-2019, 02:50 PM.

Those Starbucks Doubleshot drinks are crap. Try out Monster Java.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
      Those Starbucks Doubleshot drinks are crap. Try out Monster Java.

lmao my brother tried that and threw up in the 7-eleven.

Comment

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        That's weird.

• Khanraider97
        Khanraider97 commented
        Editing a comment
        I actually think it was actually the monster regular coffee, idk but he said it was too much.

Coffee before; water after.

Comment

You can drink coffee as a "pre-workout" before a run/ride in the AM, I would go black and not load it with sugar. Since caffeine has a dehydrating effect, you'll need to rehydrate after you cool down and then eat something with a 4:1 carb to protein ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by JacobWRS View Post
          You can drink coffee as a "pre-workout" before a run/ride in the AM, I would go black and not load it with sugar. Since caffeine has a dehydrating effect, you'll need to rehydrate after you cool down and then eat something with a 4:1 carb to protein ratio.
          4 as in carbs or protein. Because I usually try to eat as much carbs with a little tiny bit less than carbs protein.

Comment

Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
            Coffee before; water after.
            This

Comment

Originally posted by Khanraider97 View Post
              So my cardio has been getting better after drinking this Starbucks drink that's a double shot of coffee.

Edit: forgot to mention I also get a salad with chicken or a sub from Subway after the runs so I'm not drinking just coffee.
              Jesus, Mother Mary, and Joseph. Please don't tell me you're talking about the Starbucks drinks loaded with sugar, those are awful for you. For diet, stick to whole foods. Jared didn't get skinny off eating Subway, so I'd advise not eating it on a regular basis.

Comment

• Aidokea
                Aidokea commented
                Editing a comment
                The guy is an astronaut. Take a look at his previous posts.

Man i basically abandoned this thread because i realized i didnt need to post this crap. And yes that starbucks double shot i try to drink it after a workout and before i work so i can stay awake. But yeah looking at that nutrition facts its got more sugar.

Comment

Take an ice cold shower after you run. Lots of medical benefits to a cold shower.

Comment

sounds like a great way to have heart problems

Comment

OP isn’t going to be a cop. Ever.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Khanraider97
                      Khanraider97 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am really not going to entertain your **** no more lol. Oh and now i understand why you said my expungement would effect me in the future, but im still trying to get my act 235 i did tell the instructor i contacted about my expungement, there was one thing he said about it. He said that as long as i was not going to be in jail for a year or more than i would be good. When i was going through the courts stuff earlier this year they told me if i plead guilty i would be imprisoned for 30 days, which did not happen in the end.

So what this tells me CCCSD judging by your peofile saying you have been on the job for 30 yeara or maybe you are retired now. But 30 years ago would be 1989, and we both know that even before the 80's you couldnt be a cop being under 18, no i am not saying you are under 18 BTW i am saying your an old man basically that has not caught up with 21st century lifestyles yet. But my guess is you are very old school, to the point where you still follow that etiquette and qualifications along with certain type of maturity standards.

So what i'm saying is that i will ignore your comments for now on. And i will educate myself a little better on police work through talking to cops in real life, and reading books. So i have not given up on either of my aspirations i just put them on hold.

Oh and ya'll can make those comments again that i have been locked up these past few weeks. Ik thats not true because i have not seen the inside of a corrections facility since i was 14 years old and that was just a tour not incarceration. And i am damn sure not in the system, somebody might have the same name as me but obviously he aint as handsome as me. So yeah, cheers chico.
                      Last edited by Khanraider97; 11-17-2019, 08:46 AM.

Originally posted by SHU View Post
                    Take an ice cold shower after you run. Lots of medical benefits to a cold shower.
                    Ima have to look that up too. A lot of **** going around about small things heing medical benefirs. Especially that wake up at 4am thing.

Comment

Just work out, run, eat sensibly and stay hydrated. Unless you’re an high-level competitive athlete, you don’t need to be so precise. Don’t overthink it.
                      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                        Just work out, run, eat sensibly and stay hydrated. Unless you’re an high-level competitive athlete, you don’t need to be so precise. Don’t overthink it.
                        Turns out my run times are actually a little better than the average joes and i didn't know. I can run 2 miles in less than 14 mins with slowing down and walking a bit but running still. But obviously to an athlete that is slow. The coffee before i workout was good, and the post workout drink after i would get C4 from a 7 eleven and/or that super creatine bang drink.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12301 users online. 444 members and 11857 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X