300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking cold coffee after a run?

So as I have said before I'm working on my cardio for the next 6 months and once I start school I'm going to play soccer, so that I can really push myself and because I like team sports and didnt get to play in high school. And I think playing on a team will help with my goals (even though my goal isn't to kick a ball around my whole life).

So my cardio has been getting better after drinking this Starbucks drink that's a double shot of coffee. And it has been helping but that's all I drink after a running session and it helps a lot more than the 3 supplements I would drink that were before, during and after my workouts. The reason I started drinking coffee after my workouts is because I read that caffeine has been proven to help with recovery and stamina. Is this normal that it helps better than sups? I was drinking pre kaged before, redcon1 mixed with kre akalyn during and after my workouts, and it didn't help this much.

Edit: forgot to mention I also get a salad with chicken or a sub from Subway after the runs so I'm not drinking just coffee.
    Last edited by Khanraider97; 07-01-2019, 01:50 PM.

Those Starbucks Doubleshot drinks are crap. Try out Monster Java.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
      Those Starbucks Doubleshot drinks are crap. Try out Monster Java.

lmao my brother tried that and threw up in the 7-eleven.

Comment

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        That's weird.

• Khanraider97
        Khanraider97 commented
        Editing a comment
        I actually think it was actually the monster regular coffee, idk but he said it was too much.

Coffee before; water after.

Comment

You can drink coffee as a "pre-workout" before a run/ride in the AM, I would go black and not load it with sugar. Since caffeine has a dehydrating effect, you'll need to rehydrate after you cool down and then eat something with a 4:1 carb to protein ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by JacobWRS View Post
          You can drink coffee as a "pre-workout" before a run/ride in the AM, I would go black and not load it with sugar. Since caffeine has a dehydrating effect, you'll need to rehydrate after you cool down and then eat something with a 4:1 carb to protein ratio.
          4 as in carbs or protein. Because I usually try to eat as much carbs with a little tiny bit less than carbs protein.

Comment

1st of all cold coffee or water directly affect your throat so personally prefer to use water in room temperature, furthermore, it is much better to drink cold water instead of cold coffee just after run.

Comment

Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
              Coffee before; water after.
              This

Comment

Originally posted by Khanraider97 View Post
                So my cardio has been getting better after drinking this Starbucks drink that's a double shot of coffee.

Edit: forgot to mention I also get a salad with chicken or a sub from Subway after the runs so I'm not drinking just coffee.
                Jesus, Mother Mary, and Joseph. Please don't tell me you're talking about the Starbucks drinks loaded with sugar, those are awful for you. For diet, stick to whole foods. Jared didn't get skinny off eating Subway, so I'd advise not eating it on a regular basis.

Comment

• Aidokea
                  Aidokea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The guy is an astronaut. Take a look at his previous posts.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4852 users online. 195 members and 4657 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X