300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal-mart Creatine

I just started using protein and creatine again this morning (it has been about seven years since I used it last), and I have crapped twice in the last two hours. I don't know yet if it is a coincidence, or if it is common when starting back up, or if it is the brand. I am using IOVATE six star brand from Wal-Mart and the last time I used a GNC brand.
    So, what are everyone's opinions on Wal-mart bought six star brand creatine and protein, why I am crapping so much, and suggestions on intake of protein and creatine.
    I am 5'7" 160lbs, and I would like to get up to around 200lbs.
    Also, if you think the wal-mart creatine and protein are a bad idea, give me a suggestion on what I should use (other brands or other supplements) to gain the lean muscle to get me up to 200lbs.
    Thanks.

for suppliments, you get what you pay for, ya know? i get my 100% whey protein isolate and creatine monohydrate from ast-ss.com

if you want to bulk up..this is a GREAT, free 12 week program, once you finish this, they have a 6 month program that follows..its good stuff, all scientificly proven things..read up on it
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Cheaper Creatine and whey can cause gas and the "runs".

Comment

Junk the wal-mart brand and get a good protein that is 50% Isolate 50% Casein or a slower digesting protein. I use 2 styles of protein, 100% isolate protein (quick digesting) for my post workout shake and i try to mix it with carbs; ex Gatorade, if not available take it with water. Then i have a 50/50 isolate/casein protein for in the morning and evening which i take with milk which helps slow the digestive process.

As for creatine I use Purple K which is a great creatine plus its in pill format. I love the pill format because i get sick and tired of mixing drinks and getting bloated chugging 3 shakes after a workout! The pill is much easier and just as affective. I take my Purple K on off days (none workout days) and post workout. I take a NO-XPLODE as my pre-workout drink as its an energy booster, creatine, and nitrix oxide.

Also, good luck with the goal! 40 pounds of lean muscle mass is very difficult to get too, so don't get discouraged if your not there in a 1 year. Thats a few years goal will being very consistant!

Comment

How Does The No-xplode Work, I Have It, And I Think It Works Well When I Get It To Work Right..ive Tried Couple Of Times, Most Times It Gives Me The Runs..i Remember 1 Time I Worked Out For Ever And I Beleive Thats What It Was Suppose To Do Right..but Most Times It Gave Me The Runns..am I Mixing It To Much Or Not Enought..it Came From Gnc..
          Last edited by cmv_5; 05-25-2007, 05:47 AM.
          --Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6--

"In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC"

Comment

Originally posted by cmv_5 View Post
            How Does The No-xplode Work, I Have It, And I Think It Works Well When I Get It To Work Right..ive Tried Couple Of Times, Most Times It Gives Me The Runs..i Remember 1 Time I Worked Out For Ever And I Beleive Thats What It Was Suppose To Do Right..but Most Times It Gave Me The Runns..am I Mixing It To Much Or Not Enought..it Came From Gnc..

If you do some research and really talk to your local lifters, you will probably come to find out that NoXplode is complete garbage.

There are much better pre-workout supplements that can take the place of No-Xplode. No-Xplode is loaded with caffeine and is very over priced.

Stay away from the caffeine loaded products like that.

Something I use is NaNOx9, which is a pill form of Nitric oxide, which works very well and dissolves and enters the blood stream very quickly (9 seconds on bottle, more like 3-5 minutes).

I would stay away from the 50/50 whey proteins all together, and probably just get whey isolate, and maybe a normal whey protein.

Take the normal protein in the morning and at night, and the whey isolate everywhere in between (especially post-workout). Whey isolate is also very low carb/calorie, so its better to take if you're looking to lose some body fat in the process. DO NOT CUT OUT CARBS AND FAT ALL TOGETHER.

Only other thing I take is a good once or twice daily multi-vitamin. This also makes a big difference on how you will feel and your energy amount throughout the day.

Comment

Don't take supplements for walmart. Buying groceries and stuff, cool...but not supplements. I take CellMass and TrueMass from BSN and I love it.
              Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

I take nothing but MRI products...I get discounts on it and i get good results...Not to mention that my liver ain't crying for help no more...

Comment

hey if you want to gain that much weight, than let me introduce you to animalpak.com , i took there supplements through high school, gnc sells some of it. It will make you big. Also No2 is a good supplement. Its too bad that took away pro-hormone a couple years ago, those were the good days
                  sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                  Rocky Balboa
                  Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Hi all,

Something I learned years ago from a friend of mine who is a doctor is that protein and body building supplements can cause problems and damage to your kidneys. Basically what he said is that if your pee is frothy or bubbly, then you are passing protein in your urine and this is very bad for your kidneys.

--Michael

Comment

Guys,

I was a nutrition major in college. The only reason you men are experiencing the runs is becuase of one word...WATER!!!!

You must drink water like a fish when you are on any of these supplements. Read the back labels. They all say consume at least a gallon of water daily while on the supplement. WATER WATER WATER!!!

Your muscles need protein for rebuilding muscle, but it also needs a ton of water. Your protein powders and capsules are useless in the body unless you give your body needed water.

Comment

I have used it and I am currenty using Walmart brand without any issues -- except from I a HUGE

Comment

One thing I don't see anyone mentioning is FOOD. Solid food, small meals consisting of protein and carbs and fats every 2-3 hours. Compound exercises. Rest. Supplements are just that.....supplements. While they are there to assist you they will not get you to your desired weight. Good food, rest and lifting big (with good form) will get you to your goals.
                          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

JSD is right. 100% right!

Comment

I have used it and I am currenty using Walmart brand without any issues -- except from I a HUGE
                              What are the numbers? 250? 300? What is it Mr. Boxing?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2902 users online. 159 members and 2743 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X