Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armorer1984
    replied
    I take creatine monohydrate in a cycle along with a multivitamin and protein shakes and I can tell you that the creatine makes a huge difference in my workout. I could care less about size/fullness, what I am looking for is practical strength. Right now I am in my 2 week off-cycle and my reps with the same weight as before have been cut by 3-5. Also my endurance during the day at work has dropped off.

Tomorrow I start back on the creatine for 30 days again and I can't wait. The creatine speeds up my results at the gym big time. As far as the loading phase goes, it does make a difference. I've tried the 5g a day to start and I've done the 15g/day for 5 days to load and I felt an improvement with the loading vs no loading. The strength increase was noticeable when I tripled the dose for 5 days.

Leave a comment:

• sarpup
    replied
    Just my and loo2 cents here. I having been training and loosing weight for almost a year now. Now that Im about 20 lbs. away I thought it might be time to do creatine to build solid muscle and lower body fat instead of just weight loss. All of the creatine info I have read and its alot!! says creatine is for anarobic activity only. Endurance running and swimming does not benefit from creatine levels at all. Simply put it floods the muscles with water and atp which regenerate the muscles faster so you can lift harder and faster without loosing your breathe so to speak. I look at this very carefully as I am training for a triathaoln now and wanted to see how it would impact that routine. I was taking creatine about 2 weeks ok and stopped a few days ago due to the discourage in weight gain as well. Now the weight is purely water since I eat healthy. Since I stopped taking it my weight is returning to normal. DOnt get me wrong I will take it again once I reach my goal weight, but I wouldnt advise taking it if you are trying to loose any weight, only if you are wanting to get stronger and build muscle. It was described to like this as well. A screw takes a certain amount of force to turn it into a wall no matter if you are using your fingers or a tool. A tool simply allows you to apply that force in a pattern that is more accomodating to your muscles in your arms and hand than fingers. Given that, creatine is a tool used to lift more weight, its still your muscles doing the work. Only draw back I have found is that when your off of it, you wont lift what you were lifting while on it. However you still built muscle during that period, more so probably than you would have without taking it. All that said, endurance is more cardio than muscle, therefore creatine wont help any if you are in an aerobic state. IF im wrong about any of this please someone tell me so that I can correct it. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Nappy
    replied
    It doesn't hurt at all to take a creatine prior to running or swimming, or any activity that creates high levels of lactic acid. The basic purpose of creatine in weight lifting is to help flush and reduce the build up of lactic acid which causes muscle fatigue. Which then allows you to get that extra rep that causes that extra trauma to the muscle which in turn helps muscle growth.

Now, when you are running, especially sprinting, you are still creating lactic acid. Having creatine in your system while running helps you flush the lactic acid and allow you to run further without muscle fatigue. In the case of sprinting, it allows you to sprint faster and harder and then recover quicker.

So basically just keep doing what your doing.

Leave a comment:

• aftermath
    replied
    Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
    thanks brotha!!
    No problem my brotha from anotha mutha.

Leave a comment:

• 99 Fenix
    replied
    thanks brotha!!

Leave a comment:

• aftermath
    replied
    Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
    so back to the creatine...lol...5 grams a day(1 teaspoon) once a day, usually post workout?
    You can take between 5-15g per day, without a loading phase, but take it with grape juice or a high carb like dextrose. If you dont want to spend alot, go with the juice. You should take it about 30 minutes prior to working out, but if you're going to do more than 5g, you can add them to meals, like 5g at lunch and 5g at dinner. Personally, I'd start at 5g, and go up from there. Good luck with it.

Leave a comment:

• 99 Fenix
    replied
    so back to the creatine...lol...5 grams a day(1 teaspoon) once a day, usually post workout?

Leave a comment:

• aftermath
    replied
    Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
    What's the role/purpose of the flax seed oil, Crusader?
    Increases healthy fats in your system. Good fats are actually beneficial to your metabolism, keeping your body from being catabolic, and a variety of other things. Same with things like Omega-3 fatty acids. Good fats can also help with keeping that feeling of satiety (feelling full).

Leave a comment:

• aftermath
    replied
    Originally posted by Crusader_Zim View Post
    In all my years of bodybuilding, this is a first. Never heard this one.

Supplements are designed to help complete a diet that is already filled with vitamins, amino acids, protein, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, etc. (supplement a 3th meal for a protein shake, BCAAs, flax oil, and mixed in oats). I see more and more knuckleheads thinking that the more protein powder and creatine they take, the bigger they'll get. Then they continue getting their calories from Doritos and Micky-D's.

If you're not eating 4-6 healthy meals everyday with ample amounts of veggies, good carbs, EFA's, protein from lean meats... you need to stop wasting your time at the local GNC and head to your grocery store.

I take flax oil, multivitamin, and protein shakes (twice a day)... that's it. I can't even remember the last time I had creatine.
    Those points I agree with entirely. However, most people don't have those daily allotments. The average person still eats 3 meals, mis-proportioned, and lacking in essentials. Protein shakes, in my opinion, should be a staple since a vast majority of people do not have enough protein intake. I am not saying creatine is an end all be all either. However, in the lifting world, it has proven itself as one of the, if not most, effective supplements. Yes, these are supplements and meant to assist and supplement a proper diet. I don't argue that. As a former PT and person who lifts regularly, I understand that. Joe Smoe off the street however won't. Also zim, I doubt you'd need creatine based solely on your size! But the same can be said for flax oil as well. If you're getting enough nuts or fish, flax wouldn't be necessary, but you feel it helps, right? As for me, I take BCAA's, Creatine, and a B-vitamin pre-workout, and a protein shake after and pre-bed. Those work for me to give me the energy I need while cutting down weight.

Leave a comment:

• 99 Fenix
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilDog1371 View Post
    Why would "cheaper" creatine DQ you? What is defined as "cheaper" creatine (Iovate six star from Wal-mart)?

Also, just started using protein and creatine again this morning (it has been about seven years since I used it last), and I have crapped twice in the last two hours. I don't know yet if it is a coincidence, or if it is common when starting back up, or if it is the brand. I am using that six star brand and the last time I used a GNC brand.

i've just heard cheaper creatine can have traces of stuff in it that can make you fail and drug test, it did it for my buddy in the national guard

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied

Supplements are designed to help complete a diet that is already filled with vitamins, amino acids, protein, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, etc. (supplement a 3th meal for a protein shake, BCAAs, flax oil, and mixed in oats). I see more and more knuckleheads thinking that the more protein powder and creatine they take, the bigger they'll get. Then they continue getting their calories from Doritos and Micky-D's.

If you're not eating 4-6 healthy meals everyday with ample amounts of veggies, good carbs, EFA's, protein from lean meats... you need to stop wasting your time at the local GNC and head to your grocery store.

I take flax oil, multivitamin, and protein shakes (twice a day)... that's it. I can't even remember the last time I had creatine.
    What's the role/purpose of the flax seed oil, Crusader?

Leave a comment:

• KYwildcat07
    replied

Best advice so far.

Leave a comment:

• KYwildcat07
    replied
    The only way I know of one wasting creatine is by going through the loading phase. Our college weight coach said that the human body can only process 5 grams of creatine in a 24 hour period. The excess is excreted in your waste. The loading phase is a crock. Just a tad bit of info.

Leave a comment:

• Crusader_Zim
    replied
    Originally posted by aftermath View Post
    Creatine and protein however, should be your staples

Leave a comment:

• aftermath
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilDog1371 View Post
    Three further questions.

1. What are opinions on the wal-mart bought creatine and protein?

2. How do you know if it is a creatine monohydrate?

3. Is there anything that should be taken with or in the place of creatine and protein?

Thanks for all the help.
    1. Most products are "you get what you pay for" type deals.
    2. It'll say.
    3. Creatine in other forms (CEE, CEM, etc.) are better IMO than plain creatine mono. Creatine and protein however, should be your staples, with a good multi-vitamin if you are trying to put on size.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4985 users online. 323 members and 4662 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X