Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transformation pics (from impractically large to tactical practical)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformation pics (from impractically large to tactical practical)

First pic was almost at my biggest (232 pounds). Though I loved the strength and size in the Marines, it was a hamper to my tactical training. I started lifting @ around 150 pounds, pic taken in July of 02 was @ about 160 pounds I believe. I went overboard when I first started just caring about size and strength, and not practical physical ability. Now I weigh about 210 pounds @ low 8% (maybe high 7%) bodyfat. Long gun operation is more easily achieved with better extremity mobility, shrunk my legs down to about 25.5 inches and kept the strength so I can run and squat all in the same day, AND NOW I don't look like the Michelin Man anymore! Overall, I'm happy with my decision to cut down, but I miss the 405 pound bench sets. Those drew crowds at the gym. Now I can move 325 through 8 pyramid sets... never had that kind of muscle endurance before.

Kind regards,
    Crusader_Zim
    "You are what you do when it counts."

Damn.

What do you think has worked for you the best in giving you big gains?

Can you share a little bit about your diet and workout routine?

Comment

Originally posted by Conner View Post
      Damn.

What do you think has worked for you the best in giving you big gains?

Can you share a little bit about your diet and workout routine?
      Sure thing!

I train a lot of arms, because you're back and chest will grow strong if you stay consistent... and you don't want your arms to be the determining factor as to whether or not you can rip a 230 pound man from his vehicle. So I train my arms as ancillaries to my back and chest. For instance, training chest and biceps on the same day also works a little tricep (having to push the weight on bench requires a little tricep work). Training back and tri's reworks the bicep as well (pulling movements that involve closing the angle of your arm [rows and such] work the bicep as well). So while you're training tri's and bi's only once a week, they are actually getting a workout twice a week. But not enough to over train them.

I get in the gym 5 days a week unless I'm sick. I take weekends off, but train pretty consistent throughout the week. If I can't get to the gym, I have a home gym of free-weights that I use. I train the following split....

Day 1: back, tri's
      2: Shoulders, abs
      3: Legs
      4: chest, bi's
      5: deadlifts

Lots of different exercises for arms and abs keep them growing in mass or at least growing in density and development.

I eat big too... every 3 hours I get at least 650 calories. Six meals gives me 3250 calories daily. I'm only five eight, and that's plenty. It helps to have good genetics for bodybuilding (my grandfather and father were both bodybuilders).

Good luck. I'll answer more specific questions if it helps you.

Kind regards,
      Crusader_Zim

Comment

What, if any, supplements do you take? Also those are some pretty impressive results, good work. Could you give me some arm (bi, tri's) abs, and back excersises that you like and worked for you? i have a pretty good routine right now that i can PM to you if you want, i just need a change.

Comment

What did you do to cut down? Change routine, reps, etc? How many reps and how many exercises are you doing each day for chest, tris, etc.? I'd like to cut down like that for summer. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Highwaystreets View Post
            What, if any, supplements do you take?
            I take a good multivitamin, protein, flax seed oil (in pill form because I get them free), BCAA's, and loads of B complex.

Also those are some pretty impressive results, good work.
            Thanks, brother.

Could you give me some arm (bi, tri's) abs, and back excersises that you like and worked for you?
            Bi's:
            2 warm up sets light weight with whatever full range movement
            alternating curls (14, 12, 10)
            preacher curls (10, 8, 6)
            hammer curls (12, 10, 8)
            then whatever you'd like to add... above exercises are just staple movements for the biceps

Tri's:
            2 warmup sets (I like close "grip" pushups to about 15 reps)
            cable pulldowns (14, 12, 10, 8)
            Overhead extensions (12, 10, 8)
            skull crushers (12, 10, 8)
            then do whatever you'd like to add

Abs:
            Hell, ANYTHING will work here, so long as yer changing it up alot and doing it VERY consistently. Abs are residual. I just started training abs 2 years ago because I just wanted over all size. Now I'm paying for it... don't neglect your core muscle groups!

Back:
            Heavy heavy heavy heavy heavy compound movements
            Deadlifts: (10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1)
            Seated rows: (12, 10, 8, 6)
            Dumbell rows: (12, 10, 8, 6) (make sure you go the full range)
            wide grip pullups: as many as you can at the end of the workout

i have a pretty good routine right now that i can PM to you if you want, i just need a change.
            Sure, if you'd like, I'll help anyway I can.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by LPI View Post
              What did you do to cut down? Change routine, reps, etc? How many reps and how many exercises are you doing each day for chest, tris, etc.? I'd like to cut down like that for summer. Thanks for the info.
              I dropped my carbs about 40% and turned up the intensity in the gym. Really, circuit training on the weights with heavy movement will do it. lol... it's tough and it wears you down, but it works. I did a little cardio, but only about 2x week. I see no reason to go overboard with cardio. Especially if you want to retain size and aesthetics.

I do about 12 sets per muscle group. I work 2 muscle groups 5 times per week. I rest on the weekends and sleep long hours (lately I haven't been getting much sleep). Sleep at least 8 hours, eat big, lift heavy, and do it everyday of the week. Then relax on the weekends, few beers are okay... in fact, I recommend the relaxation. Don't run headfirst into it... or you'll get burnt out in 2 weeks. Take it easy, watch your carb intake, and hit your abs hardcore every other night.

The female human-types will be crawling all over you in no time. lol

Good luck, brother.

Comment

Here's a video I made a while back...
                http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...68775136&hl=en

Comment

do you take a rest week every 8 weeks when training heavy to let your muscles rest and catch up? im doing the AST training and thats what they suggest
                  dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

is it even necessary to take a rest every few weeks with training the muscle groups only once a week?

Comment

even though you are training those muscles once a week for primary, you still get a great secondary workout of the same muscles, its just not concentrated on them..check out the website brotha, good stuff in there IMHO. it makes sense when you read
                      dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

I love how in the '04 picture, there is a cross on the wall. In the recent picture, there's 2 naked women. lol.

Comment

Crusader Zim......just out of curiosity, what is your height?
                          Last edited by KYwildcat07; 05-03-2007, 05:21 PM.
                          Success is failure turned inside out
                          The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
                          And you never can tell how close you are,
                          It may be near when it seems so far;
                          So stick to the fight when your hardest hit,
                          It's when things seem worst that you must not quit!

Comment

what are bcaa's?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              what are bcaa's?
                              Branched Chain Amino Acids

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4243 users online. 249 members and 3994 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X