300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushups

I can only do 35 pushups and I have to do 52 pushups on the PT test in 2 months. What is the best way to build my pushups quickly?

Every other day do as many pushups as you can, for three sets. Once a week, do that two or three times, spaced throughout the day (3 x max x 3). Pushups are very low impact and recovery time is fast.

You also need to be doing pullups and running. If the academy that you might wind up in is Crossfit-oriented, you should be doing a variey of whole-body exercises.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

The last three pages are a push-up improvement program, I didn't try it because my standard was 15 foam block pushups and I am used to full range of motion pushups.

https://www.ice.gov/sites/default/fi...itnesstest.pdf
      Last edited by KJB; 09-15-2018, 10:56 PM. Reason: Forgot the link.

Comment

Purchase a weighted vest. Do as many push-ups as you can, safely and correctly using proper form, wearing the weighted vest and by the time your test rolls around and you take it off, you should be able to do almost double. Also, if you can, bench press (incline, decline and flat) should greatly help you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9609 users online. 392 members and 9217 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X