300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting down on supplements...

Few weeks ago, I met an owner of a local GNC and he changed my whole outlook on supps...I walked in there to grab some BSN protein and he asked me whether i was happy with it or not, i told him that i loved BSN stuff...He said that BSN would be a great company if they removed caffeine from their products and invested more into their research and not their adds...I asked him what is the company in his opinion and without hesitation he said "MRI-medical research institution (a lot of yall know them as makers of NO2 Hemodulator (SP?) pills)". Over a course of next 30 minutes or so he kicked a little bit of his knowledge about supps and what works and what doesn't work...To make the story shorter, I kicked NOXlode, Animal Pak ( i replaced with another brand for now to give my liver a break ) and Muscle Milk out of my life for good...I replaced all of those products with the new NO2 pill called NO2 Black ( WOW is all i can say ), Natural Juice Vitamins and Pro Nos protein...Cell Mass is about to get booted from my line up also once i am done with the current can...No more powders, no more waiting to get hungry before the gym...

Read up on their stuff here...
    http://www.mri-performance.com/products.html
    Last edited by SinisterR6; 04-11-2007, 04:09 PM.

Don't forget the eggs and cottage cheese..
    "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

GNC, lmfao. While there MAY be the occassional person at GNC that might know something actually true about health and supplements, I'd do my own research into anything I am interested in taking. I took NO-Xplode and was not impressed with it at all. A good BCAA / EAA powder with a 200mg Caffeine pill provided me with FAR better results and taste. Of course that's my experience. Not to mention BSN is all over-priced products. But to each their own so long as it works.

Comment

GNC = overpriced items and know nothing staff
        Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Don't take the word of someone who stands to profit by your purchase. Do your own independent research and learn about the products. It can be hard to find honest info, but it is out there.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

lol @ GNC. JSD73 pretty much nailed it. I wouldn't go to GNC if they paid me.
            Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer
              Don't take the word of someone who stands to profit by your purchase. Do your own independent research and learn about the products. It can be hard to find honest info, but it is out there.
              i didn't buy any MRI products that day, i did hours upon hours of research and came up with a conclusion that its worth a shot...

Comment

Originally posted by aftermath
                GNC, lmfao. While there MAY be the occassional person at GNC that might know something actually true about health and supplements, I'd do my own research into anything I am interested in taking. I took NO-Xplode and was not impressed with it at all. A good BCAA / EAA powder with a 200mg Caffeine pill provided me with FAR better results and taste. Of course that's my experience. Not to mention BSN is all over-priced products. But to each their own so long as it works.

yeah i don't buy anything there myself unless i am running out of something, that was one of those days...U think i enjoy overpaying for **** that Bodybuilders.com sells at half the price?...That guy straight up told me---"If u go to any GNC that is owned by the corp, u will find that BSN and MuscleTech products are "pushed on" to you by the staff because they get commission off each bottle they sell"..."Not here, we don't get commission from BSN and MT so we only recommend stuff that won't destroy your liver in short order and provide great results"...

Comment

yah the staff at GNC is usually well a bunch of tools, but it sounds like the guy you talked to knows his stuff. My favorite line from GNC employees is "This will give you the results you're looking for", haha makes me laugh everytime.

As for supps i like EAS stuff, only supp company approved by the NFL and that to me shows they have some merit. really like their protein powder and is pretty cheap actually.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4330 users online. 269 members and 4061 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X