300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osteoarthritis or degenerative arthritis in lower lumbar

Howdy all! Has anyone here been diagnosed with this? What did you all do for treatment? Chiro? Pain Management? Were you able to return to full duty?

Thanks!!
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

I was diagnosed with this after I retired in 2014. The symptoms, chiefly pain in my right leg, had been growing for long before that. An MRI identified an irritated nerve. Last November I was treated with a steroid injection and got almost total relief. I also take Meloxicam, prescribed for my creaky knees.
    Everybody's spine is different, of course. My brother-in-law and a co-worker were treated with surgery, done on an outpatient basis.

Comment

Stretching and lower back exercises are the way to go. It has helped my pain from degenerative disk disease 100%. I'd see if a physical therapist can help

Comment

I have been seeing a Chiropractor for about 3 months now and it has been extremely helpful. I also wear a "backup brace" on my duty rig.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Look into getting soft tissue work done before and after the adjustments. Something is probably pulling things out of place to initiate the issue. Once you release the tension on the muscle that is stuck contracted and pulling it out of line, then get it adjusted, and keep on top of the tissue work. After a while the muscle will stop contracting and pulling things out of line. It's a process but well worth the effort. You can do tissue work on your own or with a care provider with some research.

I bought a book on touch point therapy a few years ago for a neck and back injury my wife had from an accident amd the chiro was helping for relief nut not fixing after years.

it took me a few months in conjunction with the chiro work to get it fixed and back to normal.

Tissue work is not medical treatment, so don't everyone start in on my "meating out" medical advise.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7276 users online. 321 members and 6955 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X