300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown Recluse Spider

I guess I got bit by a Brown Recluse Spider yesterday (or maybe the day before). Spent all day at the clinic getting poked and prodded. They finally let me come home for a while, but I have to go to the hospital first thing in the A.M.. I've never been through anything like this before. Hurt's like hell, plus it feels like I have a really bad flu. They put me on a ton of pills, but I still can't sleep. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. If you have any questions about what it's like to get bitten by a deadly posinous spider let me know. Look's like I'll be having some free time on my hands.

All I can say to that is ouch , tough break.

If let untreated for a while Brown recluse bites start to kill the cells around the bite and make it look really nasty, also it hurrrttts way more. Or so I hear.
    I've seen a couple of em in parks around here , kinda makes you think of close you've come to being bitten by them before. Well if you don't mind me asking how'd you get bit?
    " I will assume you all have guns and crack!"

TBTA: 88.235
    List#920-940

Comment

Sorry to hear that, what do they look like? Size, color?

Comment

Yikes!, My dad got bit by one when he was in college and every winter the side of his right foot starts to shed skin where it bit him. He got it treated after he got bit but they said everyone has various symptoms to the bite. I hope yours doesn't get severe. Let us know how you come along.
        If he knocks your teeth out swallow them and hit back, never give up because an officer doesn't deserve to die on a dirty street.

Comment

Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
          Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

Thanks sarge,

I was just in the garage and seen 2 huge hairy looking spiders.....eeewwww

Made me wonder what the recluse looked like. The spiders I seen were nothing like the pic above.

Comment

you sure it wasn't staph infection?? alot of people think staph is from a spider bite and staph is very very painful and if left untreated begins to look like a spider bite ...didn't think brown recluse's were indiginous to NY.
              Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

They aren't... but they do travel well on the trucks coming up from down south. We've had a couple cases locally and the spiders were suspected of being on trucks.... one case involved the driver.
                Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

Bummer.

I hope you get some relief soon.

I'm in NE Ohio, and one of my co-workers got bitten by one watching a little league game.

She was lucky, IIRC she only had about 2 weeks off work. I think it ended up being a dime sized spot.

Best of luck to you.
                  Mark
                  Shaw JCC Karate Program website
                  Shaw JCC Karate Program on myspace

Comment

heard of em in NY

I have heard from people that they are in the prisons in NY, those and the Black Widows, I make it a habit of shaking out my jacket when i put it on just in case
                    Incarceration is and in itself a form of punishment
                    Car Ramroad

I'm more afraid of being nothing, than I am of being hurt

My views are in no way associated with the views of NYS or DOCS and anything that may seem that way is purely coincidental

Comment

Originally posted by Davidc
                      Thanks sarge,

I was just in the garage and seen 2 huge hairy looking spiders.....eeewwww

Made me wonder what the recluse looked like. The spiders I seen were nothing like the pic above.
                      wolf spider? almost the size, if not the size of your palm? my dad is in pestcontrol and made some kinda nerve gas to kill one of those with when i was in the 5th grade..i put it in a container that was to small...and took it to show and tell...it was funny because when u would tap on the glass, its legs would start movign like it was alive
                      dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Most of the spiders around your house are actually beneficial because they eat less desirable bugs.

Brown recluse has a violin shaped mark on it's belly. Black widow has a red hourglass on hers. Kill em.

Mom was bitten by a brown recluse several years ago. She had ongoing health problems and hated to go to the doctor so she procrastinated and suffered in silence for way too long. When Dad finally discovered the bite on her leg you could've stuck a half dollar in it. Doc said she was less than a week away from losing her leg. Had to be treated in a hyperbaric (sp?) chamber twice a day for about a week to make it go away. Serious stuff.

I thought I'd been bitten about two months ago. Turned out to be a relatively minor case of shingles.

Comment

I got bit a couple years ago on the top of my big toe. I would rate the discomfort right up there with crushing vertibrates in my back. I always check my shoes now if they have been in the garage. Good luck, hopefully you will be better asap
                          Shut up and color.

Comment

Just got out of the hospital this morning. The Dr's are 99% sure it is a spider bite, but I guess it wasn't too severe. After starting this post early monday morning, I took a turn for the worse. Spent the last couple days on IV anti-biotics and a bunch of other meds. I also had a couple of minor surgeries to remove pus, fluid, and dead tissue from inside my arm. Right now I have an open and draining (YUK!), incision on the back of my arm. BTW, I don't really remember being bitten, I think it happenened while I was sleepng last friday. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Though rare in certain climates, here in Ohio my unlce got bit by one, the poison soaked into his shin bone and almost had to have the leg amputated.

Nasty little boogers.They removed so much skin and meat that he has this gross disfigurement the wound is all open just enough skin to hide the muscle thats left.
                              Follow me!

Let your conscience be your guide!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5795 users online. 306 members and 5489 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X