300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness Trackers

Do any of you use fitness trackers (fitbits, garmins, etc) at work on patrol? I use to have a Pebble but the company got bought by Fitbit, and my watch finally crapped out on me. I am looking primarily at Fitbit (Blaze, Alta HR), so let me know what you all use!
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

I have been wearing a Garmin Forerunner 25 for the last year and have had pretty good luck with it.

Comment

My Samsung Gear S3 watch seems to be a pretty good purchase. Haven't worn a watch for years, then a couple of months ago, my son recommended I check it out due to the multiple apps and functions it has. I especially like the ability for the watch to play music and work as a stand alone speaker phone if I want to leave my cell phone at home when I'm working out. Kind of cool to play "Dick Tracy". Only down side so far is that my son will find how many hours I've slept with my watch on and accuse me of napping on the job. :-). Great watch. No complaints so far.
      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I wear a fitbit blaze. I have a tempered glass screen protector on it which I already cracked but it cracked the screen protector not the actual screen. Its a great watch though. Very durable. I had the apple watch for about a week and realized what a stupid purchase it was being that it was so expensive and who wants to read emails on a 1 inch screen. Fitbit blaze you can get texts and phone calls on it. You cant respond to texts but its nice to see the texts if you are not near your phone. It also tracks your running pace which I like alot.

Comment

Garmin Vivo Active HR.

Comment

I use the blaze as well, so far no issues. I like the text feature and the HR monitor. My main thing is the sleep tracker so I see how well I'm sleeping.

Comment

My blaze crapped out on me within 1.5 days. Fitbit support wants me to take a video of it not working...I am just going to return it to Best Buy...
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

I had a fitbit about a year and a half ago. It broke three months in and its replacement broke 6 months after that. I got a bluetooth HR monitor about a week ago. It didn't work out of the box. Most of this stuff is just crap. Make sure you buy it from a place were you can take it back when it breaks.
                Last edited by SHU; 09-05-2017, 10:38 PM. Reason: s

Comment

I returned my Blaze to Best Buy, got my money back, and got a Fitbit Flex 2. Much more simple, and waterproof.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

Water resistant :-)
                    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

I also use blaze

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7553 users online. 366 members and 7187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X