300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At home exercises recommendations?

Hello all, my wife and I currently have a 2 month old and between work and the newborn , I've just been drained all around. I only run 2 times a week but have found it hard to get going to the gym once I'm off duty. Are there any workouts at home that I can do besides running? Currently have a courtesy spot so have access to weights but not much

If you have access to outer plate carrier you can load it with expired ballistic plates or even 5-10# weight plates and do circuits of push-ups/pull-ups/dips/squats coupled with some burpees and hill sprints maybe on alternating days. That will smoke your bags. I used to take an old plate carrier and put 40-60# worth of weight in it and do the crossfit workout "cindy" which is 5 pullups/10 pushups/15 squats as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes. It's tough and it seems to work a balance of strength and cardio but it it's not the most optimal way to improve either but it's pretty good if you're tight on time and equipment. I might just go to this style of exercise when weightlifting destroys my joints.

Comment

• Sheepdog29
      Sheepdog29 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks man, I don't know why I never thought about that before. I started doing pushups, situps, and jumping jacks at the beginning of the week. So, I'll start working on that now ...

Get a kettle bell and do Turkish get ups. If you have never done them before go on YouTube and you can get step by step instructions. 20 minutes of non stop Turkish get ups and you will be completely smoked. It's a great exercise for strength.

Comment

Pushups, pullups, lunges, burpees, squats, situps, chinups, dips, box jumps, farmers walks.

You can make a pullup bar from galvanized pipe, elbows and floor flanges. Screw it into a piece of 3/4" plywood using the biggest screws that will fit, and then lag bolt the plywood to studs. You can also get a set of rings for $30-40. Anywhere you have a tree limb or open rafter, you have an instant gym. Five gallon buckets and garbage cans filled with water, rocks or sand make decent makeshift weights. You can put a couple disaster relief sandbags inside a duffle bag and lift that.

Whatever you do, make the time for it. Fifteen minutes, three times a week of all-out exercise is available to EVERYONE. That will put you ahead of most people and at least maintain acceptable baseline fitness.

Whatever you choose to do, do it, be consistent, eat healthy and don't accept excuses from yourself.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

DDP Yoga, seems silly, but is a great workout and most are around 20min. As far as running check out HIIT sprints, same benefits as the long jogs, but a fraction of the time. My total workout takes around 30 min.

Another option is frequency push-ups, chin-up and sit-ups. Find your one set max, cut in half and start with 5 sets spread throughout the day when you have time. Each week increase reps or sets.
        Last edited by SCSU74; 07-19-2017, 12:26 PM.
        In Valor there is hope

Comment

Go back to your call center job and stop reappearing here with a new name every time you get banned.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10515 users online. 416 members and 10099 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X