300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLETC Bench Press Machine

I am getting ready for the FLETC PEB. I know the FLETC bench press test is done on a single fulcrum bench press machine. My local 'gym' doesn't have this machine but does have a chest press machine. Would my weight on the chest press machine be more/less than the bench machine?

Can you provide links to what both machines look like ?

Comment

It's been years, but they did the PEB bench press on a standard universal. A couple of guys in my class benched the whole stack.
      They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Any machine that you get on that differs from your normal routine will be exactly that. Different. My advice for any of these machines when dealing with chest is.. Get on a normal bench and use it. If you are in this line of work or getting into it, you need to make sure you can bench your own body weight to be safe. Everything after that should not be a problem.

Can you bench your own body weight ?

Comment

Originally posted by jfortman View Post
          Can you provide links to what both machines look like ?
          The FLETC bench press machine is similar to this one: http://www.oldschoolfitnessequipment.com/products.html

The machine we got is similar to this: http://www.chestpressmachines.com/ve...press-machine/

Comment

You should stick to regular bench press... you can use your machine as an added movement to your routine.

Comment

Your actual bench weight should be lower then what yoy can do on the machine for testing.

Comment

It wwill be higher than your normal bench. Don't start benching using a smith machine or anything like that. You'll be cheating your stabilizer muscles and robbing yourself of muscle growth.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10529 users online. 457 members and 10072 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X