Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bro science is not the same as opion based in experience proven over a long time period and even better by multiple people. Will Brink is a subject matter expert not an idiot that took a few classes and spouts what they were told back to anyone will long to pay the toll.

As one example of what i refwt to: cholesterol. The industry now says you need cholesterol well below 200 to be "healthy" and will shove meds down your throat to get you below 100.

While the research shows no link between better outcomes for those taking cholesterol meds before a heart attack. In fact cholesterol is necessary for proper brain function amd pretty much everythimg else in your body. The cause of the problem is inflamation caused by sugar and refined carbs that makes the cholesterol stick to your arteries, not the cholesterol.

So how often do they tell you to cut refined carbs and cut sugar out entirely out of your diet as the fix? Never because that's not a medication and it gets them no return. Instead they focus on the secondary agent and people on the meds are still dieing and better getting dementia at much higher rates because they lack the cholesterol necessary for proper brain function.

I am not against doctors as a whole or nutritionalits but just like any other job most don't know what the hell they are doing and won't admit it either.

You can read a medical study or research paper as well as them and if you think most of them acruelly bother to do so you are half baked. How many cops or lawyers read Court opion n a regular basis? Not many, you know whyl? it's the same reason doctors and nutritionist don't do more than the minimum either. Most people are lazy and don't like to think for themselves. It just makes stayling ahead of the herd easier for those who choose to be a little better than average.

I am not claiming to be super smart or gifted but I take responsibility for my own welfare and destiny. I don't need to fall back on a frat kid who partied and drank their way through college to tell me what they may or may not remember being taught. For all you know they hated the class on the matter you need information about and don't have a layman's grasp. You do what you think is best and keep trusting blindly anyone with a few letters behind their name. I will say if he wanted to do that he would already have done so, that much should be obvious to anyone paying attention to what he has posted.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post

I don't know Will or his views so I can't say. The majority of nutritionists just parrot the RDA's set forth by the gov, which are crap.
      I think you're confusing Dieticians who work in hospitals and doctor offices and Nutritionists who have BTDT and actually train clients. People like Will (who posts frequently) not only know about nutrition, but have BTDT and trains clients. That's the type of person I was "referring" BTP to.
      "We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles." -- RSGSRT

Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
        Thank you for the replies! I have not exercised good eating decisions over the past 3 days, so I need to hop back on the chicken train lol.

Another question - what exercise is best to help me get over the 6' wall? I heard from a PD buddy of mine to do dips, I was also thinking pullups.
        Plyo's, pull-ups
        In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by NORCOCOP View Post
          Bro science is not the same as opion based in experience proven over a long time period and even better by multiple people. Will Brink is a subject matter expert not an idiot that took a few classes and spouts what they were told back to anyone will long to pay the toll.

As one example of what i refwt to: cholesterol. The industry now says you need cholesterol well below 200 to be "healthy" and will shove meds down your throat to get you below 100.

While the research shows no link between better outcomes for those taking cholesterol meds before a heart attack. In fact cholesterol is necessary for proper brain function amd pretty much everythimg else in your body. The cause of the problem is inflamation caused by sugar and refined carbs that makes the cholesterol stick to your arteries, not the cholesterol.

So how often do they tell you to cut refined carbs and cut sugar out entirely out of your diet as the fix? Never because that's not a medication and it gets them no return. Instead they focus on the secondary agent and people on the meds are still dieing and better getting dementia at much higher rates because they lack the cholesterol necessary for proper brain function.

I am not against doctors as a whole or nutritionalits but just like any other job most don't know what the hell they are doing and won't admit it either.

You can read a medical study or research paper as well as them and if you think most of them acruelly bother to do so you are half baked. How many cops or lawyers read Court opion n a regular basis? Not many, you know whyl? it's the same reason doctors and nutritionist don't do more than the minimum either. Most people are lazy and don't like to think for themselves. It just makes stayling ahead of the herd easier for those who choose to be a little better than average.

I am not claiming to be super smart or gifted but I take responsibility for my own welfare and destiny. I don't need to fall back on a frat kid who partied and drank their way through college to tell me what they may or may not remember being taught. For all you know they hated the class on the matter you need information about and don't have a layman's grasp. You do what you think is best and keep trusting blindly anyone with a few letters behind their name. I will say if he wanted to do that he would already have done so, that much should be obvious to anyone paying attention to what he has posted.

And getting people off meds isn't profitable. Same with keeping them out of the Dr's office, sad as that may be.
          In Valor there is hope

Comment

250lbs as of this morning! Going for broke, trying to match another member on this forum, also my hight, down at 200lbs.
            REINSTATE THE TRIG
            Originally posted by Iowa #1603
            Your logic defies logic
            Originally posted by Rudy8116
            Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
            Originally posted by Michigan
            Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
            Originally posted by TheTick
            A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
            Originally posted by TheTick
            This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
            Originally posted by 02paul09
            Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Keep at it brother.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9451 users online. 522 members and 8929 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X