Nike Shox for running, any input?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nike Shox for running, any input?

I looked at some of the earlier threads about choosing running shoes where Nike Shox had been mentioned. Nike is my running shoe of choice, other brands don't seem to fit or wear comfortably. I need a new pair of shoes and the Shox caught my eyes, they look comfortable enough, but I'm hoping I can get some further input, both pro's and con's, from people who have worn them, especially when it comes to running. Anyone have any comments about them?

I have a pair, but only use them when I'm running on a treadmill. I like them a lot, and would recommend them. Not sure why I don't use them on the trails, but I just don't.
    Kinda pricey though. I paid $110.00 for mine, 13
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'

Such is the rule of honour.

~L.o.G.~

Comment

ok, this is my personal opinion/experience.
      they suck... but thats just me... i tried to get out of a new balance, but it just wasnt going to happen... so im still running in the 991 new balance shoe with a different insert for better midsole support (ive got an over pronated stride and pretty good arches, so the addition of the sole inserts helped me greatly on runs 2-5 miles)

Comment

I wear New Balance 856's in 10.5 2E (The 857's are out but I like the 856's better.) Here's the deal. Go to a running store(not a mall shoe store) that not only lets you try them on but lets you run around the block in them. Bring your old shoes in and let them examin them and then try on every pair of shoes that fit your running style with no regard to price or brand name. When you find the ones that are right your feet and shins will thank you.
        Last edited by pkagel; 03-01-2006, 07:35 AM.
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

i have heard shox's are not the best for running but i personally have never tried a pair. i wear Nike Free's and i like them a lot. they are supposed to mimic running barefoot and therfore build different muscle, i don't know if it actually works but i like them

Comment

I have a pair and found that they were not as comfortable as I like when running. Nike had been my shoe of choice for running shoes but the Shox have turned into more of an everyday wear shoe than a running shoe for me. I now wear ASICS GT-2100
            “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do harm on their behalf.”

-George Orwell

Comment

I wear Mizuno Precision 6's.

The Shox is mainly a gimmick and not a very good choice for runners logging a lot of miles (20-55 a week). You might survive with them on shorter runs but there are a number of better shoes available at a lower cost. My $.02
              Why didn't someone tell me the Taser felt like that...

Comment

Hey everybody, thanks for the input. Nike so far has been my preferred brand for running. I've tried New Balance before, they cut into my heels badly and weren't very comfortable on the feet, so that is why I have to pass on that suggestion. I guess I'll have to keep looking around for a new pair of Nikes, I can't find the ones I bought last time. Maybe I'll get lucky and find an even better pair.

Comment

As far as the cutting into your heels on any pair of running shoes, you can always lace them differently. I lace mine on that rear hole at the top instead ofthe front one but their are many different styles of lacing to give you different results.
                  "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Shox do not seem to be good for running, especially long distance. Go with New Balance or Asics. They are the top running shoes.

Comment

I've been told that Shox are the worst shoe for running. I don't own a pair but thats what I've been told. I like Asics for running.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8758 users online. 327 members and 8431 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                      X