Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to cut down your time on your 1 1/2 mile run.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to cut down your time on your 1 1/2 mile run.

here is a good way to do this,

pick you a new track to run on,, make sure that it is in the middle of no where, make sure there are no lights, and go there at 0500 hrs.

i did this two days ago, and i cut 2 minutes off my run.

the bad side is that it scares the hell out of you, and you tend to run off the track because you are looking behind you while you are running,

just thought i would share this new training method.

thats certainly interesting

Comment

Lol I like that.

Wear headphones for extra scare factor.

--------------------------------------------
      Another good way to cut times, (if you don't want to look over your shoulder the entire run) is to interval train with active recovery. Run at a good quick pace a few mins, followed by fast walk for one min. Repeat until done.

Comment

better yet...shave your head and write KKK, white power on your shirt and run like hell!

Comment

Originally posted by StephWhit
          better yet...shave your head and write KKK, white power on your shirt and run like hell!
          Steph!!! lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Soon2Be
            Lol I like that.

Wear headphones for extra scare factor.

--------------------------------------------
            Another good way to cut times, (if you don't want to look over your shoulder the entire run) is to interval train with active recovery. Run at a good quick pace a few mins, followed by fast walk for one min. Repeat until done.
            but the cd has to be one with animal noises on it, lions and tigers and bears oh my, run like hell.

Comment

or do 1/4 mile sprints,, for two weeks i have been doing 2 miles worth of these, jog 1/4 - sprint 1/4 mile, jog 1/4m - sprint 1/4m, doing this 3 days a wk, 1 day 2m for time, and 1 day for distance. this seemed to help a lot, this is better than the "fear run".. i swear those bushes by the pond looked like bears at 0500,, i knew they werent, but i couldnt convince myself.

Comment

llllllllllll
                Last edited by VAsteve20; 11-17-2005, 05:04 PM.

Comment

i always try and get my running done right before it gets dark. its nice and cool at that time...but sometimes the bats that come out look more like taradactdyles! they help me practice my "run while screaming like a little girl" defense maneuvers.
                  Applied to Marietta PD-August 8, 2005
                  Written test passed-August 16, 2005
                  Background book turned in-September 6, 2005
                  Oral board passed-September 12, 2005
                  Psych test-September 16, 2005
                  Polygraph test passed-September 26, 2005

Comment

My physical test is in about 6 months, so I just started training 2 weeks ago. I was pretty out of shape, but Ive already dropped 11.5 pounds in those two weeks. I run Mon, Wed, Fri and I got my 1.5 mile time from 16 minutes to 12.5 (which barely passes the test) already. I think if you just run consistantly, and build stamina you will improve your time.

Plus, you shouldnt let yourself quit in a workout, it sends a bad message to your brain

Comment

I did that this morning in my own neighborhood for the first time. Everything looked different and there were all these strange sounds. I ran my 3 miles about 15 minutes faster than usual.

Comment

see it works, thats three testimonials for my new program.

Comment

Yes, but does your program transfer to daylight hours?

Comment

sure, it could be modified.

Comment

Oh, yeah? How so?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4830 users online. 302 members and 4528 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X