300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running with asthma

I just recently completed academy training and I am now off to find a job. While in the academy we did circuit training twice a week and had free workout twice a week. My asthma did not bother me very bad, but since I am out and do not have the nice facilities I am finding it hard to work on cardio due to asthma problems. Could it be that I got used to doing cardio indoors in a controled environment? Just wondering if any of you might have some advice for building myself up outdoors again or if any of you have the same problem. I am still running outside and just trying to build up to what I was doing, I am just starting to get discouraged any help or advice would be appreciated.

Originally posted by mlburrows
    I just recently completed academy training and I am now off to find a job. While in the academy we did circuit training twice a week and had free workout twice a week. My asthma did not bother me very bad, but since I am out and do not have the nice facilities I am finding it hard to work on cardio due to asthma problems. Could it be that I got used to doing cardio indoors in a controled environment? Just wondering if any of you might have some advice for building myself up outdoors again or if any of you have the same problem. I am still running outside and just trying to build up to what I was doing, I am just starting to get discouraged any help or advice would be appreciated.
    In my case I got severe asthma problems, have to carry my inhaler pretty much nonstop. Don't get discouraged. The plan that helped me alot was, during my days off from academy (weekends) I would go for light jog outside, and don't push yourself to extreme, it never helps and makes asthma win in some instances.

For example, in the morning around 0730 AM, while its still slightly breezy outside, I tend to go out for run not too long of run. Then when at work, we have an hour for lunch, so in some cases some of us use that as a chance to go over to state park and either walk (moderate) or jogging. Eventually it works out, and now my asthma, is still to severe extent, but those things helped me out. As when I work out, I tend to mix both outside (even if playing basketball or working out in my backyard) or in the gym.

Just my .02 cents.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4408 users online. 223 members and 4185 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X