300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee Rehab

I have had a really bad pain in my knee now for about 6 months. I am currently running about a 15:00 1.5 mile. What are some of teh best ways you know to help decrease my time on my mile? I am 5 days away from finishing rehab for it, however the person rehabing it is unable to tell me anyways to strengthen my knee as well as drop my time. Any help will be taken to great detail. Thank you in advance.

FYI this pain is from being fat and lazy at one time. Now I run at a moderate pace for about 6-10 miles a week.
    "Live like NO ONE else so later you can LIVE like no one else"....Dave Ramsey

sigpic

My right knee has no cartiledge at all. I have pain if I sit too much and it gets so bad I am sick on my stomach. too young for knee replacement

Comment

I'm no expert but I would say if you worked on cardio, your time will probably improve. Basically practice makes perfect, or better at least.

Comment

Originally posted by AirForce1
        I have had a really bad pain in my knee now for about 6 months. I am currently running about a 15:00 1.5 mile. What are some of teh best ways you know to help decrease my time on my mile? I am 5 days away from finishing rehab for it, however the person rehabing it is unable to tell me anyways to strengthen my knee as well as drop my time.
        FYI this pain is from being fat and lazy at one time. Now I run at a moderate pace for about 6-10 miles a week.
        AF - what exactly is wrong with your knee ie. official diagnosis? They may not have the experience to tell you how to bring down your run time, but I would SERIOUSLY question the qualifications and expertise of anyone doing rehab on your knee that can't tell you how to strengthen your knee.

That's the whole point of rehab - to increase strength, range of motion, "usability" of the injured area.

I know you're 5 days away from finishing rehab - but again, what was the original diagnosis? How does it feel now - do you still have pain? What surfaces are you running on now? What has your rehab person said you can and can't do in terms of training? What has your rehab person said in terms of pain management (generally and after running)? What is your current 1.5 time, and what is your goal time? Professional goals or personal goals?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5026 users online. 288 members and 4738 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X